Jamie needs a better prosthetic

bloody_mummer

This is brilliant... He would be like a Wolverine of Westeros :)

Precisely! If he continued to train with his left hand and became a better swordsman with that hand, in addition to his new Wolverine-like claws then he may once again inspire fear in the hearts of men.

I can't remember where I saw this but someone posted an image in one of the threads that linked to a story about an actual sixteenth or fifthteenth century knight who lost a hand and made a functioning prosthetic one that could grip. Jaime could definitely use something like that.

I can't remember where I saw this but someone posted an image in one of the threads that linked to a story about an actual sixteenth or fifthteenth century knight who lost a hand and made a functioning prosthetic one that could grip. Jaime could definitely use something like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6tz_von_Berlichingen

That would probably be that knight in question. It was a pretty rockin' prosthetic for its time. As is, if he made an appointment with Qyburn, he could probably get something really awesome set up.

^That's probably it.

Also, I didn't even think about Qyburn. That guy could probably make him a new hand of flesh and somehow connect it to Jaime so as it's reanimated. But that's probably going too far.

But he'd still be lacking the flexibility of his wrist. All is lost. No prosthetic will ever make Jaime even half the man he once was.

I am, however, all for him having a prosthetic specifically designed for eating and drinking. Maybe one with a spoon attached. Or a knife for cutting.

Archived