Blackfish meets Uncat?

Irelands Gemstone

Old Brynden Tully is missing, he swam under riveruns portcullis, which means he has no armor (we all learned in aGoT, from our dear friend Flemet Brax, that contrary to popular belief, a man cannot swim in plate armor and then again in aFoC from Victarion when he roflpowed the young Ser Selby, his first name escapes me, into the ocean to drown) and would likely not survive a journey through the Mountains of the moon (filled with bandits) so he cant go back to the Vale, the Riverlands is strewn with bandits and broken men, he is unarmored and alone, he cant go far. He cant get up North.

This literally leaves two options. He is either in the Riverlands still, in which case he is looking for the Brotherhood without Banners (if he is aware of them, maybe from Tom O Sevens, who knows Uncat is Caitlyn Tully - its Bryndens niece) / they are looking for him.

Or

He is walking to kings landing to lay siege to the city by himself. Still trumping Renlys attempt, as the Blackfish might actually make it.

I wonder how uncat would respond to someone who had no part in her sons death. Is she truly evil to the core, or just hell bent on vengance. How will the Blackfish deal with her, and then meeting Jamie again, assuming he is captured as Brienne is leading him to a trap.

I think the Blackfish is one of the few people in the story Jamie will sway to his side, This might sound strange and crackpot, but with Bryndens reluctance to take a wife, if he dosent join the black, I see Jamie (Lord Commander of the KG) offering him a place in the Kingsguard (Jamie remarks on how he could make the Kingsguard honourable again in Feast, to Kevan Lannister)

I think the Blackfish is one of the few people in the story Jamie will sway to his side, This might sound strange and crackpot, but with Bryndens reluctance to take a wife, if he dosent join the black, I see Jamie (Lord Commander of the KG) offering him a place in the Kingsguard (Jamie remarks on how he could make the Kingsguard honourable again in Feast, to Kevan Lannister)

nope! no way would Blackfish serve the Lannisters after what they've done to his family! If he gets a hold of Jamie he will not hesitate to kill him. Blackfish may serve on whomever comes after the Lannisters, but he will not bend knee to them. Especially since they're still holding Edmure hostage and have taken Riverrun from his family. That is not forgivable. Nor is their participation in the RW and the slaughter of Robb, Cat, the Tully and Stark forces.

if Blackfish and UnCat meet, he would most likely join her in her quest to take down the Freys/ Lannisters. She wouldn't hurt him, that's her favorite uncle and they had been close. He's done nothing to make her want to hurt him, and is a powerful warrior to have on her team.

If the Lannisters could sway anyone to their "cause" from the Tully's, then they can find someone more malleable in the form of Edmure. They still hold his wife and expectant child, which gives them infinitely more leverage than anything that could sway the Blackfish.

Anyway...So so if you are establishing that Brynden has no armor, alone, and surrounded by enemies... That must be a pretty lonely one man army marching upon Kingslanding. Seriously, he would have an easier time marching to the Vale than doing anything in Kingslanding. In fact is so plausible for him to get to the vale that he would not need to take the highroad to the Bloody Gate. Go further south to coast and go by sea.

if Blackfish and UnCat meet, he would most likely join her in her quest to take down the Freys/ Lannisters. She wouldn't hurt him, that's her favorite uncle and they had been close. He's done nothing to make her want to hurt him, and is a powerful warrior to have on her team.

You could very well be right, but my thought is that the Blackfish is a realistic and pragmatic guy who would be just as likely to think Lady Stoneheart is in the wrong: What she's doing is not justice, it's vengeance. Look no further than her orders to hang Brienne, along with Ser Hyle and Podrick.

Anyway...So so if you are establishing that Brynden has no armor, alone, and surrounded by enemies... That must be a pretty lonely one man army marching upon Kingslanding. Seriously, he would have an easier time marching to the Vale than doing anything in Kingslanding. In fact is so plausible for him to get to the vale that he would not need to take the highroad to the Bloody Gate. Go further south to coast and go by sea.

good point, plus he had friends in the Vale, he spent years there in the service of Lysa/Jon. Going to the Vale would make sense for him.

You could very well be right, but my thought is that the Blackfish is a realistic and pragmatic guy who would be just as likely to think Lady Stoneheart is in the wrong: What she's doing is not justice, it's vengeance. Look no further than her orders to hang Brienne, along with Ser Hyle and Podrick.

very true, but I also don't think he's looking for her. Just if he comes across her she's not going to attack him. He may even be able to redirect her anger in some more effect direction since they were close.

I believe he's either on the way north or to the Vale. He has friends in the Vale and they've been unharmed during this entire war. Plus, Blackfish is such a bad ass those hill tribes won't mess with him even if he doesn't have armor :)

If he is realistic and pragmatic he is not going to be wearing the same heavy one foot thick armor of honor that Ned wore. The reality of the situation for him is that if his enemies would go so far to dishonor themselves and his family, then there would be no hesitation to act and kill your "enemies". Don't forget that he helped Robb come up with the plan to invade the Westerlands and raid and pillage the countryside.

If he is realistic and pragmatic he is not going to be wearing the same heavy one foot thick armor of honor that Ned wore. The reality of the situation for him is that if his enemies would go so far to dishonor themselves and his family, then there would be no hesitation to act and kill your "enemies". Don't forget that he helped Robb come up with the plan to invade the Westerlands and raid and pillage the countryside.

Killing your enemies without hesitation is one thing, defining who your "enemies" are is another. Would the Blackfish support slaughtering every member of House Frey? (I don't mean to be unfair to Stoneheart and BwB, but they certainly are limiting their "justice" to those who played direct parts in the plot.) I don't think so.

I have little doubt the Blackfish with cross paths with Catelyn and the BWB. It's my hope they will orchestrate something together. I find it unlikely thought that the Blackfish would attempt to save Jaime from her justice.

Or... UnCat sees that her uncle survived the wedding. She assumes he must have known about the plot to betray them. A line of thought that would be inline with her being "consumed with a desire for vengeance on anyone she thinks betrayed her and her son, Robb."

I like the idea of blackfish killing her. However, her killing blackfish has its own dark appeal.

I hope we get to see that! Perhaps, Jaime and Blackfish will cross-paths during this storyline.

Or... UnCat sees that her uncle survived the wedding. She assumes he must have known about the plot to betray them. A line of thought that would be inline with her being "consumed with a desire for vengeance on anyone she thinks betrayed her and her son, Robb."

I like the idea of blackfish killing her. However, her killing blackfish has its own dark appeal.

I hope we get to see that! Perhaps, Jaime and Blackfish will cross-paths during this storyline.

The Blackfish was in Riverrun during the Red Wedding. That is why he was not killed or taken hostage.

Seriously, he would have an easier time marching to the Vale than doing anything in Kingslanding. In fact is so plausible for him to get to the vale that he would not need to take the highroad to the Bloody Gate.

Sansa is at the Vale. Perhaps the time has come for a family reunion.

As far as Brynden knows, LF is at the Vale, along with his last surviving family member, who is not a hostage to the Lannisters, Robert Arryn.

Blackfish lived in the Vale for a time and he can win the trust of people easily.

Winds of Winter Spoiler

Last August, Elio and Linda had the chance to see a chapter from WOW, and they said that Lemoncake fans would enjoy reading it.

Her uncle Edmure was a captive of the Freys, while her great-uncle the Blackfish was under siege at Riverrun. I have no place but here, Sansa thought miserably, and no true friend but Petyr.
I think that in WOW several characters will meet/reunite. Perhaps the time has come for Sansa to meet her uncle and for Brunden to finally see what kind of person LF is.

I'd like to see the perspective of someone like the Blackfish of just how far his niece has fallen. On the one hand I certainly wouldn't blame Blackfish if his motive was only revenge as well, but I feel like the House Tully words of "Family, Duty, Honor" are gonna come into conflict.

Archived