Which House's do you think are doomed?

House Thorne

That House is as dead as Arryn's.

Ser Alister and Sweet Robin are all what's left and neither one is going to produce children any time soon.

Mormonts seem like a strong case because only the eldest Mormont gal survived the Red Wedding and Ser Jorah is not in a better shape either.

That House is as dead as Arryn's.

Ser Alister and Sweet Robin are all what's left and neither one is going to produce children.

Mormonts seem like a strong case now that only the eldest Mormont survived the Red Wedding.

There are other Arryns.

I don't see how considering the reason Jon Arryn had to marry Lysa Tully was precisely because the last Arryn cousins died before Robert's rebellion.

Its Robin or nothing.

I think they are referring to the Arryns of Gulltown, however considering the fact that Harry is heir in spite of their existence I don't think they will come into play. The Arryns will die out because of their pride.

I think they are referring to the Arryns of Gulltown, however considering the fact that Harry is heir in spite of their existence I don't think they will come into play. The Arryns will die out because of their pride.

The Arryns were already dead by the time Jon married Lysa, that's why he went for a bride of proven fertility. She was supposed to give him sons because there were no Arryns.

Lysa "failed" her late husband in the same veins Selyse "failed" Stannis. Hence the reason she envied her sister's 3 sons.

The Arryns were already dead by the time Jon married Lysa, that's why he went for a bride of proven fertility. She was supposed to give him sons because there were no Arryns.

Lysa "failed" her late husband in the same veins Selyse "failed" Stannis. Hence the reason she envied her sister's 3 sons.

LF says they are still there,They aren't mentioned by the rest of the nobles because they married merchents and got rich.

A lot of houses are in rough shape it's actually hard to even pick one. The Starks are in exile but at least there are living heirs. The Baratheons have only Stannis remaining with no living male heirs. The Lannisters have no one left. Jamie is missing Tyrion is across the sea and the rest have been killed off. The Arryns have no one but little Robert which is a dire, dire situation and has been from the get go. The Tully's have their liege lord imprisoned. The only great houses not in a horrible situation are the Tyrells, Martells and Greyjoys.

A lot of houses are in rough shape it's actually hard to even pick one. The Starks are in exile but at least there are living heirs. The Baratheons have only Stannis remaining with no living heirs. The Lannisters have no one left. Jamie is missing Tyrion is across the sea and the rest have been killed off. The Arryns have no one but little Robert which is a dire, dire situation and has been from the get go. The Tully's have their liege lord imprisoned. The only great houses not in a horrible situation are the Tyrells, Martells and Greyjoys.

What about Shireen Baratheon?

Meant to say male heirs. The name would die with her I think??? Not positive on that.

I think if she married a noble from a lesser house he would take her name, similar to what happens with the Martells. I don't know if that could happen in the Stormlands, but the precedent is there.

I think if she married a noble from a lesser house he would take her name, similar to what happens with the Martells. I don't know if that could happen in the Stormlands, but the precedent is there.

The Martells are kind of a unique culture though. Different situation. I'd be curious to see if there was a precedence for this in one of the other kingdoms.

The Lannisters might survive if Lancel decides to marry and produce heirs. Not bloody likely, but possible.

Why just Lancel? He has a younger brother and sister, he also has a young cousin Tyrek who is not confirmed dead and the offspring from his aunt Genna who has two loving sons and two living grandsons. This is just in the Lannister immediate family and ignores the cousins from other branches of the family(Tytos himself had brothers), and Daven, current warden of the west, is also a Lannister with siblings as well as Damion from another branch who is the current castellan of Casterly rock. And these are just the ones we have been told about, having spent no time in the Westerlands(unlike the North, Vale and Riverlands) there could be many more we simply have not been told about.

The Lannisters might survive if Lancel decides to marry and produce heirs. Not bloody likely, but possible.

He already orchestrated his wife's next marriage and joined the Faith before the end of the last book, so the Lannister's last hope remains the Kingslayer's whore.

I'd say that makes them pretty much doomed.

Archived