Which House's do you think are doomed?

Arryn seems a logical choice but there's the GRRM factor.

Bolton looks fairly certain regardless of the GRRM factor.

Based on the hints in the book I'm pretty sure that we're going to see at least a local outbreak of some badass disease. That's the sort of stuff that easily finishes a family where all members sit around the supposed death bed of an old geezer waiting to inherit his castle and monies.

And then there's the point that a house may survive even without male heir. There's a good deal of turmoil in the seven kingdoms and more to come so laws, including inheritance laws, will be interpreted more flexibly. Let's just assume that Asha comes out as last surviving Greyjoy and whoever sits on the iron throne in the end needs to keep her happy. However, she needs money so she agrees to marry some wealthy but baseborn merchant and by royal decree the Greyjoy line continues through her. (Note: I'm well aware of the fact that marrying a man for money would be out of character for Asha and Ironborns. I just want to illustrate the point and not knowing which of the southron houses will be put into such a position I used Asha as an example.)

• 3 weeks later...
House Frey is already subject of an epic revenge and if it would take a genocide, Lady Stoneheart will not stop before they're all dead. They'll plead for help in Kings Landing, I assume, but will not be heard.

House Targaryen has not many living successors and both have such a strong promise that imho they're bound to fail. Also, we don't really know if Dany will ever give birth to a child.

House Bolton, Umber, Baratheon, Greyjoy also are contenders for the fall.

The more interesting question is: Who will fill in the power vacuum they leave?

how Umber The whoresbane and Crowfood plus the Greatjons sons and daughters..

Is Beth Cassel alive? If not the Cassel line/house has been obliterated. It is sad to since Cassels were extremely loyal to House Stark.

I'm afraid she died when Ramsay destroyed Winterfell.

At least, I hope she was never hunted by "the girls" (and I will continue to hope until there's a dog with the name of Beth).

Bolton, Clegane, Baelish - doomed for sure.

Houses Baratheon, Lannister and Arryn are also pretty close to going extinct.

I agree apart from House Lannister, the main branch might end but there too many Lannisters from cadet houses in Westerlands. Just ask poor Wyman Manderly, his Maester is one of them...

Don't the Baratheons have other relatives as well?

I wonder what the future will bring for the Greyjoys:

• Balon, Rodrik, Maron dead
  • Theon became Reek and then Theon again
  • Asha might be the one to carry on the legacy
  • Victarion, he has no children and his plans involve marrying Dany. Given what happened to Quentyn, I doubt that Victarion will live long enough to see dark haired children running with purple eyes around at Pyke
  • Euron, I have absolutely no idea what he wants

House Arryn is almost extinct, although Robert might surprise everyone and survive the books. Stranger things have happened.

I wonder if anything happens to Dickon Tarly,what will happen then....

I have a feeling that despite their wealth and numerous family members, House Frey will be destroyed by the end of the books. Perhaps selfdestroyed. From Merret's POV we are given the impression that Freys hate each other. I believe that Ryman's son told Jaime that he feared that his uncle killed his father. They don't trust each other, they compete for Walder's love/trust/acceptance no matter how depraved he is. I wouldn't be surprised if the Freys killed each other or even changed their names.

What about House Dondarrion? Did Lord Beric have any brothers or sisters?

The two houses that will break my heart if they go extinct are House Tarth and House Seaworth. :crying:

I think House Tully are doomed, which would destroy me if they became extinct but I really can't see Edmure surviving nor Brynden having kids any time soon.

I hope all the Freys perish which by the look of things, they probably will! :cool4:

House Bolton: Ramsey kills his younger brothers and sisters, Then gets killed so Roose has no heir left.

Tyrell: absolutaly NOT!!! Willas and Garlan are fine and Lord Mace has many uncles and nephews, and Hobber Redwyne can Always still take the name Tyrell.

Harry the heir takes the name Arryn.

Baratheon; Stannis is probobly gonna die and Shireen also with that decease she has. So Edric Storm must be recognised as Robert's son and a Baratheon.

Frey is not goingto die out; I know all the Freys ouut of myhead and some Frey's can't get killed (i.e. Malwyn (second son of Reymund(Walder's youngest son with his third wife) is trayned by Alchemists in Lys, I don't think he's gonna get killed (and he doesn't deserve it, he had nothing to do with the RW)) but they're probobly going to lose the Twins.

Lannisters: If I'm not mistaken, 20 Lannisters of the mayne Branche are left (not counting the missing Tyrek and Gerion's bastarddaughter).

Cassels: not an imporrtant house so who cares.

Targaryens: Aegon can still make children.

Tully's: All Stark children can take the Tully name and Roslin is pregnant, they're not gonna die out but lose their lands.

Starks: still 4 left, maybe 5 if Jon's not death, not counting Benjen.

Floreent: Samwell or any other child of Randyll Tarly can take that name + Alekyne, Erren, Merrel, Rylene, Omer and Delena's sons are still left

I'm afraid she died when Ramsay destroyed Winterfell.

At least, I hope she was never hunted by "the girls" (and I will continue to hope until there's a dog with the name of Beth).

Actually, according to Manderly, the women and children were roped and brought to the Dreadfort. Beth Cassel is still alive.

House Bolton: Ramsey kills his younger brothers and sisters, Then gets killed so Roose has no heir left.

Tyrell: absolutaly NOT!!! Willas and Garlan are fine and Lord Mace has many uncles and nephews, and Hobber Redwyne can Always still take the name Tyrell.

Harry the heir takes the name Arryn.

Baratheon; Stannis is probobly gonna die and Shireen also with that decease she has. So Edric Storm must be recognised as Robert's son and a Baratheon.

Frey is not goingto die out; I know all the Freys ouut of myhead and some Frey's can't get killed (i.e. Malwyn (second son of Reymund(Walder's youngest son with his third wife) is trayned by Alchemists in Lys, I don't think he's gonna get killed (and he doesn't deserve it, he had nothing to do with the RW)) but they're probobly going to lose the Twins.

Lannisters: If I'm not mistaken, 20 Lannisters of the mayne Branche are left (not counting the missing Tyrek and Gerion's bastarddaughter).

Cassels: not an imporrtant house so who cares.

Targaryens: Aegon can still make children.

Tully's: All Stark children can take the Tully name and Roslin is pregnant, they're not gonna die out but lose their lands.

Starks: still 4 left, maybe 5 if Jon's not death, not counting Benjen.

Floreent: Samwell or any other child of Randyll Tarly can take that name + Alekyne, Erren, Merrel, Rylene, Omer and Delena's sons are still left

Why you don't like the Cassel?

IF Aegon is a Targaryen and no one spot him as anything else.

Why you don't like the Cassel?

IF Aegon is a Targaryen and no one spot him as anything else.

I didn't mean I don't like them, just that they have almost no lands and Ialso don't think it's an old house or something so it doesn't really matters if such a house disappears.

For a near certainty, House Tully and House Arryn will be gone by the end of the series unless GRRM pulls some sort of magic surprise.

IMO, Bolton and Frey are doomed as well. There are SO MANY Freys, but I think that whole house is doomed...theres just too much foreshadowing on that topic for them to survive. House Bolton has very little substance and it seems those households are usually quickly dealt with once they serve their purpose in the various plot lines.

Outside of those favorites, I think House Tyrell is also on the short list. They are a scheming, up-jumped house that is caught in the crosshairs of war on all fronts. They have the ironborn to their south, JonCon and co to the east, and the Lannisters in the capital and to the west. Additionally, it seems that Dorne will not be out of the fighting for long.

House Lannister will be devastated like all of the major houses in the story, but I get the feeling that Tyrion is going to be around till the end.

I think it's going to be House Baratheon and House Arryn, but I can easily see House Bolton and House Greyjoy easily extinct.

As much as I want to see House Lannister gone, it's simply too big for that to happen, nor can I see House Frey die, even though they'll probably be reduced to nothing if the main branch of Lannisters (maybe with the exception of Tyrion) die (which I can definitely see happening). The Lannisters and Freys will lose quite a lot, but being completely wiped out? No.

Also, I can't see House Tully dying because there's still Edmund and Roslin.

Archived