the REAL iron throne

AegonSnow

It actually looks like a pile of swords that a dragon breathed fire on, and with a few hammers, beat it into a rough throne shape.

the HBO throne is nice, but too clean.

ya i really hated the scene where LF and varys basically make fun of the throne (they wouldn't have made fun of this)

Much better in my opinion than the HBO made version. It really shows the power of the Targs when they first came to power.

The throne being that much bigger shows that obviously.

That throne would seriously claw your ass up though. No wonder Maegor the Cruel died on it.

the hbo version looks pretty cool if i'm honest and that is much more fitting for the tv show cos lets be honest if they really made that thing it'd cos loads of money, be a bit of a health and safety hazard, and it looks a bit to fantasy like for tv imo. Still this is probably looking more badass than that

I always though the Iron Throne was much more epic and menacing that it appears in the show. However, I think that may be a little too extreme. The king feels a little too distant up there and I always felt like he could look you in the eye. Maybe half the size of OP's image.

The king at that height looking over the court looks more like a god or an emperor than a mere monarch. Still, both of the linked pictures there are pretty badass.

No way in hell they'd make it that huge for the show. Can you imagine if an actor or stagehand tripped going down?

http://24.media.tumb...h84iao1_500.jpg

**The Iron Throne as described in the novels, officially endorsed by GRRM on his blog as the most accurate artistic representation thus far. By artist Mark Simonetti.

Awesome art, but can someone confirm that GRRM said this pls?

Now that's a hell of a throne. I could definitely see that driving you mad.

edt I wonder if that's supposed to be Joff on it?

Archived