The last line of the series (SERIOUS POSTS ONLY PLEASE)

Azor Ahoy!

as bran woke he shook the sleep form his eyes "is my father still in winterfell" he asked his mother who was hugging him elated that her little boy had woke up"no sweet child" she said as she hugged him harder"he makes for kings landing with king robert"then winter is coming" muttered bran in a solemn tone.

I know this is a lot more than a line, but this is how I envision it ending :)

Dany steps into the throne room in King's Landing, amidst smoke and ashes rising from the smoldering remains of the once great city. The throne room itself is half-collapsed and much of it is covered in snow. Drogon is circling above the city, and the few remaining unsullied are picking through the blackened rubble looking for survivors.

Atop the throne sits a slender man with a pointed beard peering down at Dany from his inquisitive green eyes. At the base of the steps lies a powdered and scented bald man with a dagger protruding from his back.

"So it seems Varys got the last laugh after all," says the slender man sitting on the throne. "The Dragon Queen finally comes to claim her throne."

"You are defeated, King Baelish, now yield the throne or yield your life.", replied Dany.

"Yield? Why would I do that? It seems you've overestimated your victory, Daenerys."

Dany turns her head and catches a glimpse of a shadow just to her left. A cold chill runs down her spine. Had she really walked into yet another of Littlefinger's traps?

The shadow darts back and forth from one pillar to the next, never quite catching the rays of cold winter light streaming from the holes in the ceiling of the throne room. Closer and closer to Dany it comes.

The hair on the back of Dany's neck stands straight up as the familiar low growl of a dire wolf can be heard from the flung open doors of the Throne Room. As quick as lightning, a blur of white fur hurtles towards the shadow.

Oomph, a soft thud accompanied by growling just behind Dany. And there, Jon's direwolf Ghost has what appears to be a very small hooded figure pinned to the ground. Jon rushes into the room. "Dany, are you alright?"

A yelp from the direwolf, and streak of red now upon the snow where the hooded figure once laid.

"Look out!" screams Jon, pushing Dany to the side, and thrusting Longclaw through the air.

The bastard sword finds it's target and the hooded figure slides onto the Valyrian steel blade, accompanied by a shriek of disbelief, in a tone much too high pitched for it's victim.

There, skewered from the end of Jon's blade the head of the hooded figure seems to peer back at Jon as it falls to it's knees. Jon pulls the hood back and does not recognize the woman's face staring back at him, yet something about the expression seems familiar. The figure raises her hand across her face, and it changes. This time to one that causes Jon to gasp in disbelief.

Arya stares back at Jon, as tears stream from her eyes.

"What have I done? What is the meaning of this?" Jon looks at Dany pleading for her to explain what just happened. But he's too late. Dany's face contorts in pain as the slender man stands behind her, the dagger from the bald man's corpse now lodged squarely in her back.

Jon looks back at Arya, who nods in approval, willing Jon to do what must be done. He pulls the sword from her heart and in doing so it catches fire. Dany slumps and falls to her side clutching at her back. Jon swings the flaming sword with all his might and it hits Littlefinger square in the shoulder, slicing his torso in half from the nape of his neck to his stomach. His now lifeless body catching fire lies burning in the snow.

With a shriek from above, Drogon flashes towards his dying mother and perches at the largest hole in the roof directly above the Iron throne.

Dany looks into Jon's eyes her face wet with tears and twisted in pain.

"End it, Jon. End this madness, my love."

Her eyes go cold and stare straight up to the hole in the roof.

Jon's eyes go white, and his breathing becomes shallow, and above Drogon's massive head shakes and shudders. The massive black dragon then stares directly at the Iron Throne and a huge flame shoots from his mouth, hitting the throne flush. The heat from the dragon's breath is unbelievable, and the flame continues for what seems like hours. Slowly, the metal of the throne starts to bubble and contort, the swords of the throne begin to twist and buckle under the intense heat. After what seems like an eternity nothing is left of the Iron Throne but a mound of molten metal. Drogon shakes his head again, and takes flight. Jon's eyes return to normal and he looks around the Throne Room, where the remaining commanders and lords and ladies stand looking at him, waiting for some idea of what is left to do.

Jon stands agape, not believing what has happened, tears stream from his eyes. He falls to his knees and stares up at the bitter cold winter sky. His eyes close and he hears her voice calling to him from his thoughts "End the madness, my love". Jon rises and strides out the gates to the courtyard where the remnants of the armies of the men of Westeros have assembled. Jon looks over them with tears frozen on his cheek and the sword gripped in his right hand ripples with fire and smolders as the falling snowflakes turn to steam.

A horn blasts from the gates of the Red Keep.

"So it has come to this. All the scheming, all the plots, the starvation, and all the senseless death while Winter marches on our very steps.", said Jon pointing his flaming sword to the North.

The horn blasts again...

"Any who would leave, do so. Run to Dorne where the sun may yet beat back the winds of winter for a few more days or weeks, or perhaps even months, but know that Winter is coming for you nonetheless if we fall here today. Any who would stand and fight with me, know that you do so of your own free will, because I will not command you, you are free men from this day forward. It is your decision to make, I cannot make it for you. Know that It is not each other who are the enemy. The time for infighting and politics and fealty to one lord or another is over. It comes at the clawing fingers of the dead, and at the tips of the icy blades of the White Walkers."

The third horn blasts louder than the previous two, as the dead driven by their icy masters creep into the streets of King's Landing, towards the walls of the Red Keep...

"It is here, this day, that will tell the tale of Westeros. Do we join our sisters and brothers, fathers, and daughters and let death take us, or do we fight with every last ounce of strength left in our weary arms? Do the men of Westeros go quietly into the Long Night, or do we fight for the dawn of a new day? Will this be the last Winter of men, or do we dare dream of spring?"

or

jon had never felt so happy in his life the first or the second. i have 2 fathers he thought one a noble prince one and honorable lord "winter is coming bringing fire and blood"he roared as he flew higher and higher on the back of viserion to right flew his aunt on her big black dragon Drogon to his left the imp tyrion lannister on rheagal and beneath them the land they would conqouer together westeros but that is another story .

Sorry Op but putting serious posts only is pretty much a huge green light for some to go ahead and post non serious posts.

It had benn 15 years since the long night LC KitN Jon Snow thought to himself. We all lost so much. He would never get over his loss of Arya, Uncles Ben & Ned, Rickon, even Sansa. It would be too soon if he saw another White Walker. Jon got up to work the cramps from his legs, he had been sitting far too long. He was interupted midstretch by blasts from a horn. His chamber door was thrown open suddenly with a loud bang. It was Grand Maester Sam. "Jon" Sam panted, "White Walkers". "Damn" said Jon.

"These threads are fanfiction"

-GRRM

Not mine, it's not even in a POV. It was simply the only way I could express my guess at how the series will end, and to convey the setting and what's occurring... Not really any different than the myriad theories posted.

"What have I missed?" asked Benjen Stark.

I LOLed so hard at that :)

"Sansa stuffed the lemoncake so hard down Cersei's throat that she died."

Edit: sorry, realised my post was extremely not serious. I thought this would a slightly more realistic rehash of what I originally wrote. At least it's what I want to happen.

Just a little setup first:

Winter raged for 4 years. The Kings were finally able to set aside their differences and joined forces against the others driving them back into the lands of always winter led by Dany, Jon and Stannis.

Stannis has taken the black and is now the LC of the NW overseeing the repairs to the wall.

Jon is given the opportunity to honorably leave the NW and return to Winterfell as Lord Stark, but refuses when it is discovered that Robb did in truth father a child before his death. Jon re-enlists at the wall taking over as head ranger riding his dragon (gifted to him by Dany) north to ensure the others are truly gone.

Tyrion takes control of Casterly Rock, but changes the family standard to a golden fist in honor of his brother Jamie who fell defending the realm.

Dany assumes the throne not as a conqueror but as a liberator under her new name as Mother of Spring.

And now…

“A woman sits the throne. Oh fierce she may be but she shall require a husband and good counsel if she wishes to rule. We should make for Kings Landing at once and pledge your love for her. She would be a fool to refuse one from a house such ours.”

“No!” he yelled. He may be a child still but he was almost a man grown and he would have no more of her foolish schemes. “No” he repeated, “we have been dishonored. Disowned. We are Exiles at best, fugitives for our lives at worst, and for what?” He lunged at her with a hatred he never knew he had with strength brought on from his fury.

Too slow Cersei saw the fire in his eyes. His hands were around her neck before she could react squeezing the breath from her. She clawed at his hands, his face. Kicked at his manhood even as her strength was bled away. As she sank to her knees she looked up at her valonqar and silently mouthed her plea. “Tommen, please.”

Tommen looked at his mother with disgust leaning in close to whisper in her ears as she died, “no mother, no more games.”

Just a little setup first:

Winter raged for 4 years. The Kings were finally able to set aside their differences and joined forces against the others driving them back into the lands of always winter led by Dany, Jon and Stannis.

Stannis has taken the black and is now the LC of the NW overseeing the repairs to the wall.

Jon is given the opportunity to honorably leave the NW and return to Winterfell as Lord Stark, but refuses when it is discovered that Robb did in truth father a child before his death. Jon re-enlists at the wall taking over as head ranger riding his dragon (gifted to him by Dany) north to ensure the others are truly gone.

Tyrion takes control of Casterly Rock, but changes the family standard to a golden fist in honor of his brother Jamie who fell defending the realm.

Dany assumes the throne not as a conqueror but as a liberator under her new name as Mother of Spring.

And now…

“A woman sits the throne. Oh fierce she may be but she shall require a husband and good counsel if she wishes to rule. We should make for Kings Landing at once and pledge your love for her. She would be a fool to refuse one from a house such ours.”

“No!” he yelled. He may be a child still but he was almost a man grown and he would have no more of her foolish schemes. “No” he repeated, “we have been dishonored. Disowned. We are Exiles at best, fugitives for our lives at worst, and for what?” He lunged at her with a hatred he never knew he had with strength brought on from his fury.

Too slow Cersei saw the fire in his eyes. His hands were around her neck before she could react squeezing the breath from her. She clawed at his hands, his face. Kicked at his manhood even as her strength was bled away. As she sank to her knees she looked up at her valonqar and silently mouthed her plea. “Tommen, please.”

Tommen looked at his mother with disgust leaning in close to whisper in her ears as she died, “no mother, no more games.”

in leu of a like button :thumbsup:

Was it all worth it, he wondered. Aegon sat uneasily on remains of the Iron thrones surrounded by the burnT remnants of the Red Keep his ancestors had built. For the first time ever, the young Targaryen king understood the full meaning of Fire and Blood.

Archived