The last line of the series (SERIOUS POSTS ONLY PLEASE)

Azor Ahoy!

Her eyes weary from the loss of blood, she looked upon the green fire still licking at the ashen ruins of what used to be the capitol city of Westeros. The throne of thousands of swords of the enemies of her ancestor Aegon which she had pledged to take was now a molten lump of melted twisted metal somewhere in the remnants of the Red Keep. The minions of the Ice Queen had been defeated, but at what cost? Her thoughts turned to Tyrion, who had told them of great caches of Wildfyre that Jaime revealed had been hidden by the pyromancers beneath King's Landing at the request of her father, Aerys. At least something good came of his madness.

It was then that Rhaegal landed nearby, carrying her beloved Jon, who's plan it had been to burn down King's Landing, trapping the White Walkers, the ice spiders, and their army of undead within it's walls. Jon rushed to her side, with a look of astonishment and anguish on his face. He doesn't know what happened. Her thoughts drifted to her newborn son, who she'd begged the maester to take from her womb to save his life, even if it meant the end to her own. "I can't do this without you, Dany, I can't lose you, not like this.", said Jon tears washing the ash from his cheeks.

The pain in her side from the knife wound had receded, but she knew it wasn't from the maester's efforts, as her hands and feet grew cold, she forced the last bit of strength left in her body to try to make him understand. "You must... Promise me, Jon..."

"I promise", he replied, and with that she let the cold and the darkness take her. Closing her eyes for what would be the last time was easier than she had imagined, but what waited for her, she could not.

There before her stood the Red Door of the house that she remembered from her childhood, only now it was in the middle of a field of ghost grass glowing in the moonlight of the Dothraki Sea, and at the foot of the steps leading to it waited her Sun and her Stars mounted on a great horse. In his arms was the Stallion that would Mount the World, Rhaego, and beside them, her own silver haired mare. As she approached, she could feel the warmth of the breeze upon her face, and she knew that no Winter could reach here, for here it would always be Spring.

Oh man...I can't stand reading about someone dying from their own POV...makes me so sad. :crying:

But this is wonderful! If it ended like this, I wouldn't mind Dany and Jon. Bravo

Jon watched in satisfaction as the laborers cleared the rubble and repaired the walls of Winterfell. He glanced down as something tugged at his cloak.

"Why are they building the walls again, Father?" asked young Ned. "They should be out in the fields planting with the other workers."

Jon knelt to the child's height, dark eyes meeting violet ones. "Now is the time for planting," he confirmed softly. "But they're repairing the walls on my orders, because it may be Spring now, but Winter is coming."

I agree it should end from a Bran POV.

A little bit more than a line:

"A smile spread across his face as he saw Jon, Arya and Rickon in the Godswood, royal and noble titles forgotten in their special place. He lingered a bit, watching the three direwolves chase and wrestle with each other. He finally drew back.

Then he slipped into the dragon's skin, and he flew."

Ok I want something vague and cheesy that is quite open :-)

More like a last page than last line though

The girl laid there on the ground, freezing and dying, clutching her babe close to her breast, focusing the weirwood tree in front of her with silent prayers to the nameless old gods. From the woods behind her she heard the crackeling inhuman voices of the others as they were closing in around her.

But she had no spirit left to run or fight her impending doom. She so much wanted to spare her yet unnamed child a future as a walking corpse, but she was neither in the position to make a fire, nor would she have managed to cast her beloved offspring into its death with her own hand. She glanced back into the woods, but did not see any of the creatures yet.

When she turned back to the weirwood tree, she saw that the tree was changing its form.

"I am passing out" she murmured to herself.

Now it was a weirwood tree, then a boy looking curious at her. The boy changed to a three-eyed wolf, and then it changed back to a weirwood tree, but entwined in the roots of that tree was a man, looking like the curious boy, but very much older.

"Are you a god?" she asked the tree, but the tree did not answer.

"Will you save me and my child as I have prayed to you" she continued, and the tree continued in giving her no answers.

She now remembered that the gods were cruel and would not be moved to save the life of one meaningless young girl.

"At least give me a song for my child. Sing me something, because I have been afraid of death for hours, and I can't bear it anymore. Give him a song so I know his life was not without cause."

Again, she turned around, and now saw that she was surrounded by a dozend men. But those were no men, as they were far more elegant than any creature she had seen before, holding their deadly ice swords in their hands.

But none of them made a sound, and none of them were even in the slightest concerned with her.

They glanced past the man in the tree, whom they also seemed to ignore.

Their malice eyes stared at a pack of five or six direwolves. How she previously could not have noticed those creatures, she could not explain. The wolves were growling and showed their teeth to the white walkers.

Now that she looked at the beasts, she recognized that most of them looked as if they were not really there and that she could see the trees behind them. Only one or two of them seemed real and fleshy.

A few feet from the pack away, a lone white wolf stood and looked at the babe in her hands. Even though it was no man but a beast, she could have sworn that it had a very sad eyed look.

Death came closer, she suddenly realized.

"He has a song." the tree suddenly said, and she grasped for life one last time.

"What did you say?" She said.

The tree had become one more time a curious looking boy.

The boy now moved, and took the child out of her dying arms while darkness was setting in around her

"He has a song. He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"

I have a new one:

She stood on the prow of the last ship to sail from westeros to Asshai

She realized this was not her true home, it was just a fabled land her brother had told her about.

The ship set sail from dragonstone island as that fabled land grew tinier and tinier until she saw it no more.

As they were leading their dragons and a pair of direwolves over the ashes of the battlefield with the charred and dissolving corpses of Others beyond count around the smoking remnants of the Twins, the King turned with a sad face to his dashing young Braavosi ally, only recently chosen for Sealord.

"I will miss you, little cousin, but who knows..."

They said it together.

"...different roads sometimes lead to the same castle."

King Jon I Targaryen lifts his son, Prince Eddgar (Rhaegar/Eddard), on the top steps of the Sept of Baelor, to all the gathering lords of the Seven Kingdoms, with Queen Daenerys at his side, and Hand of the King, Tyrion Lannister (Lord of Casterly Rock). The three dragons are perched in the background.

Nass abenya naba bee seebooba! (The Lion King introductory song).

"The son of Ice and Fire!"

Archived