Nasty

Lord Tyrion

You just got to get over it, as others have said. It took me a couple years, but I finally had to come to terms with the fact that I have APS - Asshole Posting Syndrome. My style of writing and my mostly failworthy attempts at using sarcasm on the internet often just makes me come across like an asshole. As a result I would have posts of mine in GenChat ignored. Hell, I still do.

I've butted heads with people I otherwise get along with and agree with on most issues. I'm probably on a couple ignore lists. Hell, one of the more respected posters on this forum takes frequent potshots at me in threads I'm not even participating in.

It happens. I got over it and just do my thing. Just the other day I had a dozen or so replies to a comment I wrote ranging from nicely trying to prove me wrong to what was nearly hate speech it was so vitriolic. 5 years ago replying to those would have gotten me perma-banned. My skin has grown thicker. It's a requirement if you want to participate on any internet forum these days.

A lot said here is in jest. You only fuel the fire by getting upset about it. I wouldn't get offended by much said here, it's usually people poking fun at others and if you show it bothers you, you'll never hear the end of it.

Yeah, one thing I've learned is that you never really win Internet arguments, but you lose them the moment you let on just how much the other person got to you.

Some people on here can be really horrible, but they're mostly in the shadowy place otherwise known as the book forums. You must never go there.

Okay this is just unfair, the book forums are a very nice place for the most part. The only exception is the occasionally troll or two.

Okay this is just unfair, the book forums are a very nice place for the most part. The only exception is the occasionally troll or two.

;) Mufasa told me to never go to that shadowy place. Who am I to argue?

In all seriousness, I was a dick when I posted in the book forums a lot, and got a lot of dicks flocking to me in response. And not in a good way. So hence my attitude. Literature, on the other hand, is a good place to be.

;) Mufasa told me to never go to that shadowy place. Who am I to argue?

In all seriousness, I was a dick when I posted in the book forums a lot, and got a lot of dicks flocking to me in response. And not in a good way. So hence my attitude. Literature, on the other hand, is a good place to be.

Well i guess it's kind of calmed down for the most part since i joined. Except for the occasional brain damaging theory or thread...

Also, on the subject of mac & cheese, copied and pasted from the thread that just got deleted:

Don't buy a box of mac & cheese is all I have to say. I have a friend in England who loves M&C and had her mother mail her a care package that included it. The British government slapped a warning label on the box that said one of the chemicals in the cheese powder has been shown to create attention and behavior issues in children. Not may, not might, but "shown to create."

If you're going to have mac & cheese, make that shit yourself. Its far more delicious anyway.

Archived