from GRRM's blog: Jeyne Westerling and other characters in TWoW

AccusedSinner

I suppose it could lend more credibility to the idea that the Blackfish smuggled her out of Riverrun. Or did Martin basically shoot that down in another interview, I can't remember.

She was either smuggled out of Riverrun or she's on her way to Casterly Rock. I think GRRM has said that we'll see CR in the next book. Perhaps Jeyne will be in the prologue or a person who interacts with whichever POVs end up at the Rock. If she escaped from Riverrun (or escapes while on the journey to CR) there are many other POVs she could meet in the Riverlands, the Neck and the North.

I doubt that she's pregnant, but as Robb's Queen she is a player or at least a piece for other players to move. Perhaps Varys will help her in exchange for her support of fAegon...

MAybe JEyne is in KL during Cersei´s trial by combat and shge, somehow, makes UnGregor stop to work propely, causing his defeat agaisnt the chapion of the faith

Would fulfil the younger, more beautifuk queen profhecy

She is definitely not pregnant, I she is HBO is screwed unless they plan on ruining Robb's character by saying he slept around. Dave and Dan both know how this story is gonna end so we can assume if they kill off a character they are easily Replacable. Jeyne being pregnant is not Replacable.

Now I've never been one to subscribe to the notion that she is carrying Robb's child, but this certainly makes me think that she's not quietly exiting stage left, either (after Feast and the show killing off her counterpart I was starting to think she would just fade into obscurity). Thoughts?

I never thought she was pregnant, but I always assumed she would show up again, because otherwise GRRM could have easily just had her attend the RW and be rid of her. (And not be so open about the fact that he made a mistake with the description of her hips, if that was an intended mystery.)

I don't see how she COULD be pregnant, but she's a passionate, loyal character, brave enough to not disown Robb in front of Jaime, and who was explicitly stated by Jaime to not be developed yet and by Catelyn to have a loving heart. I look forward to hearing more of her leading a resistance group or something.

:eek: Wait. Could she wind up with Jon?

I don't see how she COULD be pregnant, but she's a passionate, loyal character, brave enough to not disown Robb in front of Jaime, and who was explicitly stated by Jaime to not be developed yet and by Catelyn to have a loving heart. I look forward to hearing more of her leading a resistance group or something.

:eek: Wait. Could she wind up with Jon?

I clearly don't love Jeyne as much as you. I've always (rightly or wrongly) partly blamed her for the loss of the North (with Robb bearing most of the blame, as much as I liked him). We really don't see enough of her to know her enough to like her -- at least, for me -- so the idea of her being with Jon, and potentially ruining one of the North's hopes again, really makes me feel :ack: lol

She could very well be pregnant. All we can assume based on the show' s plot choices, is that she and her child aren't going to play an irreplaceable part in the climactic books. ( there are plenty of little Starks around, what's one less?)

Theory: She's the younger more beautiful queen that will cast Cersei down.

She's certainly younger, "more beautifu" is subjective, and unlike that long list of other possibilities, she's a queen in her own right.

And if Cersei were to head back to the Rock, they would be in the same neighborhood, in theory.

You know, I never once even considered Jeyne as a the younger queen in the prophecy. That's a pretty good point, she's still technically a queen.

I don't LOVE her! She irritates me (chasing after Robb on the way to the Twins), but she's clearly got sterling qualities, based on how she deals with adversity.

Winding up with Jon seems improbable, but it would match Catelyn's marriage story to a degree.

EDIT: You know, what you're right. I do love her. :uhoh:

Theory: She's the younger more beautiful queen that will cast Cersei down.

She's certainly younger, "more beautifu" is subjective, and unlike that long list of other possibilities, she's a queen in her own right.

And if Cersei were to head back to the Rock, they would be in the same neighborhood, in theory.

I think the "more beautiful" is given credibility by the fact that she is in Jaime's judgment, NOT beautiful now and that's the version that would get back to Cersei. Element of surprise!

I am absolutely :D about the possibility of getting this character back in the game.

I was always hoping she would be the one to kill Joffrey.

She attends the PW and is brought before Joffrey. Joffrey looking down on women as always says that she only did what she was told as a woman should. Seconds later she picks up a dinner knife and stabs him over and over again shouting THE KING ON THE NORTH, THE KING IN THE NORTH!

I asked this question from the small questions in the general forum few days ago:

In the HotU, one wizard said to Dany, "Shall we teach you the secret speech of dragonkind?" Is it possible HotU warlocks (with the aid of their magic) know how to train/command a dragon? But most knowledge used by Valyrian dragonlords were lost in the doom...
Not sure if the warlocks really know dragon speech or they're just trolling Dany, but if they do know, Pyat Pree might mess things up with the dragons ("beware men with cold hearts and blue lips" according to XXD) and I don't mind having that kind of sweet twist before learning his bittersweet fate.

Jeyne Westerling totally surprised me. I thought her part is done but I assumed too soon.

I think the pregnant theory involves her escaping with the Blackfish and the "distraught" Jeyne is in fact her sister. One of the main bits of evidence for this is the difference in hip size between the Jeyne Cat describes and the one Jaime sees. So if she is pregnant I don't think she needs much rescuing.

Martin did confirm during one of his book signing that the mismatched description of Jeyne hips was an unfortunate mistake. But whether she's preggy of Robb's Jr., escaped with the BF, or not at all, I'm kinda thrilled that there's still someone out there who might avenge the beloved Robb Stark. Mwahahah! (One can dream :P)

I wrote in another topic that the Books and the Show may have quite different endings for some plots.

For example, maybe in the Books at the end we have Robb's son ruling WF, but in the Show it's Rickon Ruling WF.

Archived