Sansa has no right to kill Littlefinger

Maud

Also just a dagger through LF is not exactly fair. According to his Karma , he needs some special treatment.

I think Sansa have every right to kill LF, Sansa is not exactly bathing in freedom in the vale.

LF's anarchist ideals are not helping anybody, LF is beyond redemption.

But I don't think Sansa will kill LF by her own hand. One does not need to dirty the hand or mess up a pretty cloth.

but being beaten in his own game by Sansa would serve a poetic justice a little too poetic for GRRM perhaps.

So LF should die, but its probably not that easy.

What I struggle to work out is how Sansa will discover the "truth" about LF's role in Ned's death.

Slynt, Joffrey, Payne- dead men tell no tales.

If LF does spill the beans personally, it would be uncharacteristically stupid of him.

The only scenarios I can see are:

1) LF tries to rape Sansa, Sansa resists, and refuses to do whatever plan he has for her. He then realises she is of no use to him and knows too much, and in fury and out of spite that once again, Cat (2) has resisted his advances, tells her what he did to her little daddy before having her "eliminated"

The question being, whether Sansa works out in advance the danger he poses and has taken precautionary measures.

2) Bran tells her through the weirnet.

3) She never finds out, but perhaps is sexually assaulted by him and eventually "enables" his death by singing a song to someone of power and authority.

Rape might also be slightly uncharacteristic of him as well - he seems to be a much subtler character than that. He is intelligent, but charismatic, ruthless, charming and manipulative with it - I personally don't see him resorting to physical violence.

He could declare his "love" for Sansa - list a couple of the atrocities that he has committed for her apparent benefit up to now, such as the extent of his role in murdering Joffrey amongst many things, and getting rid of Lysa.

However, Sansa could work out the rest of the pieces of the jigsaw herself and realise that he also had a hand in the demise of her father, then that could alter the game completely.

As many posters have said, she is his apprentice and is learning how to play the game - thus, she already probably knows too much and will start working out some further pieces of information herself.

It would be highly ironic to me anyway, if we started seeing an ever so slightly more human version of LF as his feelings for Sansa develop, only to realise that that moment of weakness will have been his undoing forever.

are you against capital punishment?

But what if Sansa kills him and then it turns out he was warged by Septa Lemore?!!!

Jokes aside, of course I am against capital punishment!!!

The philosphy Ned had about it and how consequently he sticked to it made me respect him (and even admire him, given the contrast of the southern lords), but only given that he is rooted in Westeros. I have no understanding for discussions about who "deserves" to be killed in terms of morality (not in terms of literary value).

while its clear he is very self centered and doesnt really care about almost anyone unless they further his own ambitions...I think he genuinely cares about Sansa and her well being, obviously he will still use her as a piece, but if there is one person in the world littlefinger honestly cares about, its sansa...i think it goes beyond a catelyn love/resentment

even though LF is one of my favorite characters, she DEFINITELY has every right to kill him....regardless of how well has has treated her post ned death (which he has...well...other than ruining her tyrell marriage, and using her as an assassination pawn) he did backstab her father and cause a lot of shit to hit the proverbial fan with the stark family...in her position knowing what I know I would stick a dagger in his fucking throat...but still...i really really hope that doesnt happen and we instead get to see a devious, cunning prodigy hand groomed to be the future power player in the game...it would make for a much better read!

First of all, LF is to blame for the WOFK more than even Cersei and Jaime. And you're wrong, LF was the one who told Joffrey to kill Ned. LF deserves to be utterly and completely obliterated by Sansa.

Ahahah. Course he is. He also killed Ned, raped Sansa, etc.

He's been such a consistently entertaining character, that I'd be sad if he died too far before the end of the series. ASOIAF without Littlefinger wouldn't be the same.

So true. It would sadden me greatly to see one of the World of ASOIAF's only true meritocrats and Westeros' most prominent social climber die, if only for the reactions of Great One haters.

On topic, does Sansa have the "right" to kill the Great One? In terms of what he "did" to her specifically, not really. He liberated her from the Lannisters and may well be the one who ends up returning her to the North. If she's going to go around killing all those who "betrayed" Ned (which seems to have been the crux of many a grievance), hope she's setting up nooses for herself and Stannis in the meantime.

Hopefully of course, we'll never have to cross this bridge. Both will survive, and live their lives to the fullest.

Ahahah. Course he is. He also killed Ned, raped Sansa, etc.

Yes, he is to blame. How can you even dispute this? And yes, he did indirectly cause the death of Ned, and technically sexually assaulted Sansa and almost caused her death. This so-called 'Great One' (which I've only ever seen you call him) ain't so great.

Well yes she has no 'right' to kill Littlefinger. It would be murder. That being said I would not hold it against her if she did. She has many reasons to be angry at him and he has wronged her in quite a few ways for me to turn a blind eye on her killing him. Getting Ned killed, killing Dontos killing her aunt, setting Tyrion and her up for murder being the biggest reasons she has.

I don't think she has the guts to do it, but in any case it would be great if it happens. IMHO the way to cause his downfall would be for Sansa to unmask him in front of the Lords of the Vale. OTOH, George probably wants to keep him around to cause more chaos.

I thought LF was the one who convinced Joff to behead Ned.

He also tried to rape Sansa while his wife watched. Is it too extreme to suggest people have the right to kill their rapists? I don't think so.

The "kindness" that LF did her was to take her away from one hostage situation into another, but this time she has a child to take care of and has to fend off her "father's" constant advances. If murder is some sort of entitlement, Sansa has every 'right' to kill LF.

Fucking hell this is actually mental. So the person who is wronged should decide the nature of the punishment? I would not think any less of Sansa if she buried LF alive given what she has been through but look at what you actually just wrote. Are from Amurica or something? Fucking savages itt seriously

Fucking hell this is actually mental. So the person who is wronged should decide the nature of the punishment? I would not think any less of Sansa if she buried LF alive given what she has been through but look at what you actually just wrote. Are from Amurica or something? Fucking savages itt seriously

I understand your anger at that post, but I think you're being rather harsh. 'Americans are savages', really?

Archived