Sansa has no right to kill Littlefinger

Maud

Lets see what LF has done:

1. Betrayed her father

2. Sabotaged her marriage to Willas, thus taking any possible chance of happiness

3. Has forced himself on her more than one occasion

4. Forced her best friend to become a prostitute

Wait, did I miss something in my rereads? When did Littlefinger force himself on Sansa? Are you referring to him kissing her and being an overall creeper or something else? When I think of a man "forcing" himself on a woman, I think of sex. :dunno:

Well Sansa isn't the law so she has no right to kill anyone. LF hasn't been all that kind with her. He's using her as a tool and creeping her up every chance he gets.

many tend to forget that he tried to help Ned at first, but he refused (stubbornly getting into an open fight with the lannisters
when did this happen?

Firstly, he didn't try and rape her did he?

Secondly, I think it is too extreme to suggest that people have the right to kill their rapists.

Maybe more "sexual assault" than "rape" when he forcibly kissed her while she very clearly didn't want it and tried to fight him off. I'd call that rape (and even pedophilia, but others wouldn't). As for the right of victims towards their rapists, it was more of an ironic suggestion that anyone has the "right" to kill anyone, which the OP seems to think people can have. Situations differ, but overall I'd say no one has the "right" to kill another.

Wait, did I miss something in my rereads? When did Littlefinger force himself on Sansa? Are you referring to him kissing her and being an overall creeper or something else? When I think of a man "forcing" himself on a woman, I think of sex. :dunno:

He "forced" a kiss on her, one she didn't want. A scumbag thing to do.

Lets rephrase...

Sansa has very good reasons to dislike, distrust, or downright hate Littlefinger. Since before she met him he was conspiring against her family. He was never a friend to the Starks and has a great hand in their downfall.

Kill? I don't think she has the 'right' to but in her situation I would not think any less of her if she were to kill him. She has plenty of personal reasons to want him gone.

It is speculated that she will kill him after she finds out what he did to Ned, but many tend to forget that he tried to help Ned at first, but he refused (stubbornly getting into an open fight with the lannisters and proclaiming stannis a king). -> The rightful thing to do, but not with a pistol at your head. Since Ned is getting suicidal, LF thinks about saving his ass.

Agreed. LF is nothing if not an altruist.

Given his position, anyone would have acted the same. Dying now, would have solved nothing. Also, he had no way to know that Joffrey would kill him, for all he knew, Ned was going to the Night's Watch.
Yea, LF totally had nothing to do with Ned's beheading.

Given this mess, he still rescues Sansa, from both Joffrey and later Lysa.
Correct again. He even gives her a whole steamer trunk full of nice new clothes! To make super-girly Sansa feel even more special, he then slips her tongue, which is way more than she deserves.

If LF deserves to die, that's because he manipulated Lysa into killing Jon Arryn, and nothing more. This gives Sansa no good reason to want him dead.
LF shouldn't die for Arryn-gate. He's selflessly trying to bring down the oppressive aristocratic system through merit and hard work.

You're welcome to dispute this. That's why I'm starting this thread.

I don't think you should give up any ground wrt Jon Arryn's death. LF is a true Renaissance man, committed to democratic ideals and altruism.

Agreed. LF is nothing if not an altruist.

Yea, LF totally had nothing to do with Ned's beheading.

Correct again. He even gives her a whole steamer trunk full of nice new clothes! To make super-girly Sansa feel even more special, he then slips her tongue, which is way more than she deserves.

LF shouldn't die for Arryn-gate. He's selflessly trying to bring down the oppressive aristocratic system through merit and hard work.

I don't think you should give up any ground wrt Jon Arryn's death. LF is a true Renaissance man, committed to democratic ideals and altruism.

:lmao:

perfectly put as always!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh yes, Littlefinger was terribly helpful towards Ned in their investigation of the Lannisters for Jon Arryn's murder.

Hmm, you know what might have sped things along a little though? Littlefinger telling Ned he killed Jon Arryn, and that he falsely implicated the Lannisters who had nothing to do with the murder.

But yeah, killing Ned's foster father, bringing him south away from his power base in the North on false pretenses of a Lannister murder of Jon Arryn, and stringing Ned along for months on end for a crime Littlefinger actually committed was super helpful of Littlefinger.

Wherever would Ned be without this precious aid? He only entangled the Starks in a highly destructive conflict with the realm's most powerful and wealthy family over completely fake pretenses.

/applause/

No, Sansa really has no right to kill the man who had planned the destruction of her family all along at all. But damn, I so very much hope that she will usurp this right.

Lets see what LF has done:

1. Betrayed her father

2. Sabotaged her marriage to Willas, thus taking any possible chance of happiness

3. Has forced himself on her more than one occasion

4. Forced her best friend to become a prostitute

And honestly, these points barely touch the surface. By the time Olenna floated the idea of the Willas marriage, Sansa was stoked by the idea of getting out of King's Landing and going to Highgarden, because while the Tyrells might have been exploiting her for her claim, they were at least treating her like a human being. She'd be married to a man who, while crippled, was by all accounts kind and decent, and her children would be the Lords of Highgarden.

But Littlefinger sinks all that, and in typical Lord Pissant style, tells Sansa;

Gentle, pious, good-hearted Willas Tyrell. Be grateful you were spared, he would have bored you spitless.

I mean, what the fuck is this. Raise your hand if you think "boredom" was really something Sansa cared about. Between the being made to watch her father's execution, and look at his severed head by Joffrey, between the beatings, the near rape attempt by a mob, between the siege of the Blackwater, and the endless shitstorm she had to endure in King's Landing, I think a bit of boredom is exactly what she'd want.

But instead, it's Littlefinger to the rescue. To save her from that boredom, he's going to construct a situation where she has to marry Tyrion (and if not for Tyrion's restraint, fuck him and possibly bear his child). He's going to have her implicated in a King's murder, and have her nearly raped by Marillion. Yay, more traumatising excitement! I'm sure she's thrilled she didn't have to go to smelly old Highgarden and marry Willas Tyrell.

It always disgusts me how people here argue over who "deserves" do die. Heck - can't you just wish for them to be sent to the Wall? Or were you dissappointed when Tyrion didn't poison Janos Slynt (not that I was unhappy with "fetch me a block")?

Hmmm, what will LF do at the Wall?

Collect increased taxes from wildlings?

Ruin their chances of getting money from the IB? (i know you could argue the contrary but i think IB is smarter than that by now)

Conspire and divide them?

Sansa has every right to kill Littlefinger. Littlefinger was responsible for the death of Jon Arryn, the mental torture of Lysa Arryn (Sansa's aunt) which contributed to Sweetrobin's horrible upbringing, by lying to Cat and Ned about the Lannisters' involvement with Bran (Tyrion was innocent) and Jon Arryn he was responsible for the Stark-Lannister conflict and the War of the 5 Kings, he betrayed Ned, and is ultimately responsible for the deaths of Ned, Cat, and Robb, Sansa's father, mother, and brother.

Littlefinger was responsible for the murder of Joffrey, and while that was undoubtably a "good" deed, he still poisoned the brat at his own wedding feast. He did some more emotional manipulation of poor Lysa Arryn, "rescued" Sansa from circumstances that he put her in my heavily implicating her in Joffrey's murder, thus giving her no other option other than be "rescued" by him or executed by Cersei, had poor drunk Dontos murdered, creepily held Sansa hostage without her being aware of it, triggered Lysa's final madness by sexually assaulting Sansa in the snow, and just as planned, viciously told poor Lysa that he never loved her shortly before murdering her as well, making it look, in Sansa's eyes, like he was "rescuing her from the crazy lady".

Now he's being extremely weird and trying to be Sansa's father and lover (she's his Cat replacement) at the same time whilst trying to trick the Vale lords. All this has been for the sake of his own ambition. Anything else I've forgotten? Oh yeah, Jeyne Poole, Sansa's best friend. Can't forget that. I hope Sansa wises up and kills him painfully, maybe by suffocating him with lemon cakes or something.

It always disgusts me when people here argue over who "deserves" do die. Heck - can't you just wish for them to be sent to the Wall? Or were you dissappointed when Tyrion didn't poison Janos Slynt (not that I was unhappy with "fetch me a block")?

are you against capital punishment?

Sorry, I'm with TheMysteriousOne and Lord Stoneheart on this - Sansa would seem to me to be quite entitled to kill LF and I hope that it will happen. I'm sure this will cause a storm of controversy, but I think Sansa could actually benefit from it too, ie. it might force her to develop further as a person and to become stronger.

Don't get me wrong - I am happy that she escaped King's Landing (whatever LF's shortcomings, she seems to have had a better chance of survival in the Eeyrie than she would have done in King's Landing, although by the same token, he appears to have implicated her in the murder of Joffrey), but LF has not chosen to help Sansa entirely out of the "goodness" of his own heart, but seems to have done so because of his own agenda. He is either in love with her (which is quite disturbing in the way that he displays it) or he wants to use her inheritance for his own benefit - indeed, it could be a combination of both.

My hunch at this point in the story is that whatever LF's motivations, LF might choose to unburden himself of some of the trouble that he has caused, and that could well be his undoing.

ETA: By the way, when I say "entitled", what I actually mean is that I would empathise with Sansa were she to kill LF given his past conduct - not, that she has the right to kill LF, per se.

Archived