Sansa has no right to kill Littlefinger

Maud

Okay, this is going to be very controversial, but in my opinion, Sansa has no right to kill Littlefinger after all the kindness he showed her.

It is speculated that she will kill him after she finds out what he did to Ned, but many tend to forget that he tried to help Ned at first, but he refused (stubbornly getting into an open fight with the lannisters and proclaiming stannis a king). -> The rightful thing to do, but not with a pistol at your head. Since Ned is getting suicidal, LF thinks about saving his ass. Given his position, anyone would have acted the same. Dying now, would have solved nothing. Also, he had no way to know that Joffrey would kill him, for all he knew, Ned was going to the Night's Watch.

Given this mess, he still rescues Sansa, from both Joffrey and later Lysa.

If LF deserves to die, that's because he manipulated Lysa into killing Jon Arryn, and nothing more. This gives Sansa no good reason to want him dead.

You're welcome to dispute this. That's why I'm starting this thread.

I thought LF was the one who convinced Joff to behead Ned.

He also tried to rape Sansa while his wife watched. Is it too extreme to suggest people have the right to kill their rapists? I don't think so.

The "kindness" that LF did her was to take her away from one hostage situation into another, but this time she has a child to take care of and has to fend off her "father's" constant advances. If murder is some sort of entitlement, Sansa has every 'right' to kill LF.

Okay, this is going to be very controversial, but in my opinion, Sansa has no right to kill Littlefinger after all the kindness he showed her.

It is speculated that she will kill him after she finds out what he did to Ned, but many tend to forget that he tried to help Ned at first, but he refused (stubbornly getting into an open fight with the lannisters and proclaiming stannis a king). -> The rightful thing to do, but not with a pistol at your head. Since Ned is getting suicidal, LF thinks about saving his ass. Given his position, anyone would have acted the same. Dying now, would have solved nothing. Also, he had no way to know that Joffrey would kill him, for all he knew, Ned was going to the Night's Watch.

If LF deserves to die, that's because he manipulated Lysa into killing Jon Arryn, and nothing more. This gives Sansa no good reason to want him dead.

First of all, LF is to blame for the WOFK more than even Cersei and Jaime. And you're wrong, LF was the one who told Joffrey to kill Ned. LF deserves to be utterly and completely obliterated by Sansa.

He also tried to rape Sansa while his wife watched. Is it too extreme to suggest people have the right to kill their rapists? I don't think so.

The "kindness" that LF did her was to take her away from one hostage situation into another, but this time she has a child to take care of and has to fend off her "father's" constant advances. If murder is some sort of entitlement , Sansa has every 'right' to kill LF.

Since when is it not? Lol. Seriously though, this, good post.

He won't be murdered, he'll just get really sick and die from some tainted lemon cakes.

First of all, LF is to blame for the WOFK more than even Cersei and Jaime. And you're wrong, LF was the one who told Joffrey to kill Ned. LF deserves to be utterly and completely obliterated by Sansa.

This.

Not to mention that LF saves Sansa not because he feels ohsoguilty in getting her father killed, or starting a war that got her mother and brother killed. He saves Sansa because she is Cat 2.0 - Sansa essentially becomes this Freudian mess of mother, dream lover, and daughter to LF and the resulting scenes with LF in them are creepy to behold.

Did I mention that he saves her only after he screws her over? If LF hadn't informed the Lannisters that the Tyrells were planning to marry Sansa to Willas and carry her off to Highgarden she would've never had to marry Tyrion and become theoretically trapped at the Red Keep. Not that the Tyrell motives were pure either, but Sansa was looking forward to the escape from her hostage status and proximity to Cersei/Joffrey.

Lets see what LF has done:

1. Betrayed her father

2. Sabotaged her marriage to Willas, thus taking any possible chance of happiness

3. Has forced himself on her more than one occasion

4. Forced her best friend to become a prostitute

Did I mention that he saves her only after he screws her over?

And did I mention that he saves her only after he screws her over some more by making her carry the murder weapon into Joffrey's wedding, so that he can then threaten her with exposure ("Do you want more blood on your hands, Sansa?") in order to keep her quiescent with his manipulations?

What kindness did he do Sansa?

Sell out her father? Try to convince Cersei to let her marry him after Ned's death? Tell the Lannisters about her plans to marry Willas in order to keep her in KL? Whisper to Joffrey so her father would be killed? Plant the seed for her to marry Tyrion, potentially subject her to rape? Framing her for Joff's death? Implicating her in murder?

His "rescue" was merely the result of a situation he bears much of the responsibility of putting her in. As Sansa says, LF never lifted his little finger to help her.

So again, what kindess did he ever do for Sansa?

The "kindness" that LF did her was to take her away from one hostage situation into another, but this time she has a child to take care of and has to fend off her "father's" constant advances. If murder is some sort of entitlement, Sansa has every 'right' to kill LF.

Firstly, he didn't try and rape her did he?

Secondly, I think it is too extreme to suggest that people have the right to kill their rapists.

Did you...read Game at all? LF had Lysa send WF the letter about the Lannisters killing Jon A., LF set up Ned and Jaime's fight in KL, LF told the lie about Tyrion's dagger, LF betrayed Ned and coaxed Joff into executing Ned.

granted im a big littlefinger fan...but I think the richest character arc Sansa can take is from innocent naive idealist "stupid little girl" to littlefingers right hand woman master player/schemer with her moral compass turning south...would be brilliant writing GRRM's part and would make future sansa chapters highly, highly entertaining!

Sansa is morally justified in killing LF, if she decides to do it.

Heck, most of the 7K is morally justified in killing LF. The harm and misery he's caused in the name of his personal ambitions is horrific.

LF is a depraved monster who has absolutely no moral boundaries. Two examples:

1. Torturing Jeyne Poole until she is forced to have sex with dogs;

2. Supplying Lyn Cobray with boys.

From what I understand, Littlefinger provoked Joffery into killing Ned.

Remember that Littlefinger feeds off of chaos to 'climb his ladder'. He wanted the war of the 5 Kings because he was going to use it to take down his enemies and use the chaos to claim power for himself.

Littlefinger is a sneaky rat bastard... that is why he is one of my favorite characters...lol.

??? We are talking here the guy who got the Starks and Lannisters at each other's throats in the first place and did his best to get the conflict escalate, right?

His involvement in Ned's execution has already been mentioned, but I would like to point out something that usually gets overlooked - he nearly gets Ned killed per Jaime. What an accident that he chooses to lead Ned to Barra just on the very day when he falls out of grace and when the shit of Tyrion's abduction is just about to hit the fan.

Okay, this is going to be very controversial, but in my opinion, Sansa has no right to kill Littlefinger after all the kindness he showed her. It is speculated that she will kill him after she finds out what he did to Ned, but many tend to forget that he tried to help Ned at first,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh yes, Littlefinger was terribly helpful towards Ned in their investigation of the Lannisters for Jon Arryn's murder.

Hmm, you know what might have sped things along a little though? Littlefinger telling Ned he killed Jon Arryn, and that he falsely implicated the Lannisters who had nothing to do with the murder.

But yeah, killing Ned's foster father, bringing him south away from his power base in the North on false pretenses of a Lannister murder of Jon Arryn, and stringing Ned along for months on end for a crime Littlefinger actually committed was super helpful of Littlefinger.

Wherever would Ned be without this precious aid? He only entangled the Starks in a highly destructive conflict with the realm's most powerful and wealthy family over completely fake pretenses.

Archived