Sansa has no right to kill Littlefinger

Maud

Sorry, I'm with TheMysteriousOne and Lord Stoneheart on this - Sansa would seem to me to be quite entitled to kill LF and I hope that it will happen. I'm sure this will cause a storm of controversy, but I think Sansa could actually benefit from it too, ie. it might force her to develop further as a person and to become stronger.

Don't get me wrong - I am happy that she escaped King's Landing (whatever LF's shortcomings, she seems to have had a better chance of survival in the Eeyrie than she would have done in King's Landing, especially with what happened to Joffrey), but LF has not chosen to help Sansa entirely out of the "goodness" of his own heart, but seems to have done so because of his own agenda. He is either in love with her (which is quite disturbing in the way that he displays it) or he wants to use her inheritance for his own benefit - indeed, it could be a combination of both.

My hunch at this point in the story is that whatever LF's motivations, LF might choose to unburden himself of some of the trouble that he has caused, and that could well be his undoing.

Given Sansa's character development, I don't necessarily believe that Sansa will physically drive a dagger through LF's heart. I think her "murder" will be more along the lines of how LF "killed" Ned and tried to "kill" Tyrion - by using soft power to manipulate events and circumstances so that they result in LF's death~

But overall agreed~

Why, now you need "right" to kill someone in Planetos ? I don't recall anyone authorising Tyrion to shoot his father in the groin with a crossbow.

To be serious, Littlefinger did have a lot to do with House Stark's downfall, especially with the removal of Ned's head from his shoulders. Sansa has no reason to kill Littlefinger now because she doesn't know, but I seriously doubt she would let that go easily if somehow someone tells her. Oh, she would smile and act like nothing ever happened, but sooner rather than later our dear Petyr would find something lethal in his cup.

I disagree with The Lord's Kiss though. No one deserves the Qyburn treatment (except the High Sparrow. His treatment of Cersei disgusts me more than anything Littlefinger ever did. Go Cersei, make him pay before going down for good !).

Lets see what LF has done:

1. Betrayed her father

2. Sabotaged her marriage to Willas, thus taking any possible chance of happiness

3. Has forced himself on her more than one occasion

4. Forced her best friend to become a prostitute

Lolll I really hope Sansa kills him.

(except the High Sparrow. His treatment of Cersei disgusts me more than anything Littlefinger ever did. Go Cersei, make him pay before going down for good !).

What LF did to Jeyne is about a 100x worse than the walk of shame imo.

Littlefinger has manipulated everyone, and he is good at it. He deserves a slick death, by his own blade so to speak.

I think it the BEST sort of irony that Sansa, his protege in the "game", offs him. She most certainly has a right to kill LF, all the while avenging her family's wrongdoing at LF's hands.

What I struggle to work out is how Sansa will discover the "truth" about LF's role in Ned's death.

Slynt, Joffrey, Payne- dead men tell no tales.

If LF does spill the beans personally, it would be uncharacteristically stupid of him.

The only scenarios I can see are:

1) LF tries to rape Sansa, Sansa resists, and refuses to do whatever plan he has for her. He then realises she is of no use to him and knows too much, and in fury and out of spite that once again, Cat (2) has resisted his advances, tells her what he did to her little daddy before having her "eliminated"

The question being, whether Sansa works out in advance the danger he poses and has taken precautionary measures.

2) Bran tells her through the weirnet.

3) She never finds out, but perhaps is sexually assaulted by him and eventually "enables" his death by singing a song to someone of power and authority.

I disagree with The Lord's Kiss though. No one deserves the Qyburn treatment (except the High Sparrow. His treatment of Cersei disgusts me more than anything Littlefinger ever did. Go Cersei, make him pay before going down for good !).

What's wrong with what the High Sparrow did? In my opinion Cersei's done a lot worse than Littlefinger has, and deserved every minute of the walk of shame.

I'd also argue that the walk of shame was good for Cersei. Her ego was dangerously out of control, and needed to be brought down a peg. Had it not happened, she would have carried on lusting for power and vengeance, but the walk of shame clearly brought her back to reality. She even manages to have a sensible conversation with Kevan afterwards.

What I struggle to work out is how Sansa will discover the "truth" about LF's role in Ned's death.

Slynt, Joffrey, Payne- dead men tell no tales.

If LF does spill the beans personally, it would be uncharacteristically stupid of him.

The only scenarios I can see are:

Sansa might actually work it out herself. She's seeing how LF works firsthand, including this little gem LF freely proffers:

As he led her below, he said, “Tell me of the feast. The queen took such pains. The singers, the jugglers, the dancing bear . . . did your little lord husband enjoy my jousting dwarfs?”

“Yours?”

“I had to send to Braavos for them and hide them away in a brothel until the wedding. The expense was exceeded only by the bother. It is surprisingly difficult to hide a dwarf, and Joffrey . . . you can lead a king to water, but with Joff one had to splash it about before he realized he could drink it. When I told him about my little surprise, His Grace said, ‘Why would I want some ugly dwarfs at my feast? I hate dwarfs.’ I had to take him by the shoulder and whisper, ‘Not as much as your uncle will.’”

This shows both us and Sansa that LF has performed "inception" on Joffrey before, and reveals precisely the way he does it. She's now watching him work the Lords Declarant, and realizes that Lyn Corbray's outrage actually works in LF's favor, and figures out that the Lyn's feigned outrage was staged in order to make LF's position better. If she thinks through LF's rise similarly-- connecting her father's death with LF's rise through the ranks-- and remembers LF's admission of manipulating Joffrey, it stands to reason she might figure it out on her own (remember, Joffrey had promised to show mercy until the day of the beheading).

The more Sansa learns about how to play the game and how to think like LF, the more likely it will be that she will kill him. At some point Sansa will become a piece that LF cannot move and he'll become a piece that gives Sansa an advantage if she removes him from the board. I look forward to that moment.

She might do it because she learns that LF is responsible for the death of her parents, the WoFK, Jeyne Poole and so many other crimes, But even if she never learns any of that, she will kill LF because it will make her hand stronger in the Game. How could she not. It is what he is teaching her to do. The death of LF will give her lots of advantages--especially as she gathers her own team of protectors around her. As his natural daughter, she will inherit LF's wealth. As his apprentice she will learn many of his secrets. At some point he will no longer be useful. I expect that she'll take him out in a way that can be pinned onto one of her political enemies and that when she takes him down it will be at a time that does her the most good.

When it happens, it will be just and rightly deserved. I just hope LF has a moment before death to realize that he has been outplayed by Cat's daughter...

OP just wants to spread rage and chaos just like Littlefinger and watch us Fall in prey to his tricks.

Also we know why Littlefinger was a great Master of Coins because he used to just borrow it. So its not like he is a genius that the world needs or anything.

Getting rid of him might make the world much better place and make vale a useful place to the rest of Westeros, they sat through Robb's Rebellion.

Hopefully they will not sit through the Winter.

Archived