Arya is the younger more beautiful queen... bear with me

AegonTargaryen

True, but in terms of the prophecy, I don't think it is down to individual tastes. Who's individual taste would that be? Cersei's or the woman who made the prophecy? Either way, I don't think Arya fits the specifications.

Fair enough. I think Cersei should find the woman more beautiful than herself, and considering how much she constantly reassures herself Margaery's definitely on the list. What she thinks about Arya we have yet to see

Arya being the younger more beautiful queen works for me on several levels.

(1) Yes, she's not described as the most beautiful girl, but she's a tomboy, and certainly doesn't "try." She does, however, look like Lyanna, who we know was a smoke show.

But in ADwD the Kind Man says he's gonna give her a face almost as pretty as hers; meaning Arya got pretty. You can argue that pretty may not be enough however she's only 12 -the begin of puberty- my hopes is that she'll kill Cersei by the end of TWW or by the first half of DOS. She'll be 13/14, same age as Lyanna when Rhaegar saw her. Cersei is driving to madness imagine her thinking that Arya is actually Lyanna.

(2) Lyanna Stark haunted Cersei on many levels. The two guys that Cersei had a thing for, both liked Lyanna better. Rhaegar went away with her, and king Bob never got over her. With Cersei slowly losing her mind, having a Lyanna Stark lookalike come for her would be pretty badass.

True, Cersei is still on Arya's death list. You can clearly see how Cersei is loosing control over her mind through the books, in book 1 she's strong, sane and clean; in book 2 she's drinking and away from Jamie what makes her weaker but still in the Battle of Blackwater she showed herself strong, calm, and passed that. In ASOS the drinking continues, she looses her son, her father, Tyrion and Sansa escape. In AFFC we see her POV, the woman's paranoid of everyone, she barely listen to advises(showing how weak ruler she's becoming), she drinks wine as it's water, she keeps her mind more in the past than in the present, her constant headache (tumor anyone?). In ADWD, there's the prision and the walk of shame, she begins strong but you can again see her loosing. If she still like this in the next two books she'll be completely mad. Making the Lyanna 2.0 theory stronger

(3) Sorry Stannis supporters, but in my humble opinion, the Northmen will only bow to a Stark in the future. Whether that Stark is King in the North (as Jon or Rickon) or King on the Iron Throne (as Robb Targaryen, Egg and Arya's eventual offspring)

(4) It would be delicious irony, that the Stark girl who never wanted to be queen ends up being queen, whereas the one who did want to be queen, ends up married to an imp (but both happy with the eventual turn of events)

I don't think Arya will be a queen for long, and Cersei thinking she's Lyanna's ghost. She'll kind be the "Queen of Love and Beauty".

(5) I've always thought Aegon will go north, and I think a marriage to Arya will help that along.

Is there any proof he'll go North? Why would he? Winter has come and his main enemies are the Lannisters who resides in the South. And Arya falling in love and being a queen doesn't seem like her, maybe Queen of the North but "kingless" like Elizabeth I? Nymeria the queen was single too or am I wrong? I never heard the mention of a husband.

Anyway IF Arya ever fall in love, IF she has a king I think it'd be a peasant(like Gendry) or Ned Dayne.But gurl gotta more things to worry than love

if Arya's going to take "everything" Cersei holds dear, she has a lot of catching up to do.

Ok but in AFFC we've seen that she blames Lyanna for taking Rhaegar, for her marring Robert. In her blond and almost insane mind Lyanna is to blame, and if Lyanna 2.0 allucinations become real she doesn't have THAT much catching up.

(1) Yes, she's not described as the most beautiful girl, but she's a tomboy, and certainly doesn't "try." She does, however, look like Lyanna, who we know was a smoke show.

Cersei may not find her beautiful, and this is Cersei's prophecy. But that's up for question because Cersri never met Lyanna.

Beauty isn't important anyway. IMO all the candidates are better looking than Cersei so we should focus on the more important issue: whose taken what Cersei holds dear

(2) Lyanna Stark haunted Cersei on many levels. The two guys that Cersei had a thing for, both liked Lyanna better. Rhaegar went away with her, and king Bob never got over her. With Cersei slowly losing her mind, having a Lyanna Stark lookalike come for her would be pretty badass.

Firstly you can't use Lyanna (a woman whose been dead for 15/16 years) to justify Arya fulfilling the prophecy because they're not the same person.

Secondly Lyanna never took what Cersei held dear. Cersei's want for Rhaegar was purely superficial, she never knew him and she never held him as an actual person dear.

As for Robert, Cersei hates him so he definitely doesn't count. And the real Lyanna didn't take him, a romanticised image of a beautiful passive girl, who could be used as a scapegoat took Robert away from Cersei.

(3) King on the Iron Throne (as Robb Targaryen, Egg and Arya's eventual offspring)

I think he'd marry the older Stark sister; that's how political marriages work. Margaery or Arianne would be better candidates as well.

You can't use R+L to justify it because:

1) love never plays a part in political marriages

2) Aegon isn't Rhaegar's son

(4) It would be delicious irony, that the Stark girl who never wanted to be queen ends up being queen, whereas the one who did want to be queen, ends up married to an imp (but both happy with the eventual turn of events)

Why should Sansa be happy in her forced marriage? <_<

There's been so much foreshadowing of Sansa becoming queen, waste of time if it doesn't happen IMO.

(5) I've always thought Aegon will go north, and I think a marriage to Arya will help that along.

If he wants the North he should marry the older Stark girl who is also the mother to the Liege lord of the Vale. In my head Harry dies, don't ask why :dunno:

But even then I think he would marry Margaery or Arianne before he even contemplates the North.

The younger queen is either Sansa Margaery or Arianne. Anyone else would be too much of a stretch, especially when considering the fact that those three are the only ones learning to play the game

Planetos

Wait. Is this really the name of their planet?

Also, if the surprise twist about Aegon is that he lives and deserves to rule, then Arya could peek out from behind the shadows and catch on to that fact, and then cleanse the shadows of Varys so that Aegon can flourish on his own without further contamination of his rule, which Aegon would probably heartily thank her for. He'd be like, "I love you, man!" Then there'd be an awkward pause while they actually fell in love.

It'd definitely be fun as a way to go. I want to see her having to put up with courtly manners--but because she knows it's worth it---and this would sure supply a reason for that.

Casts down could mean that Cersei loses all her power but still remains Queen. She's made more vunrable by them.

:agree: That's my interpretation of the passage as well. Cersei is Queen until someone who is younger and more beautiful comes along which creates some sort of conflict between the two with the result that Cersei ends up being "cast down"; i.e., is no longer Queen. It doesn't necessarily mean that the younger, more beautiful person becomes Queen in Cersei's stead.

But in ADwD the Kind Man says he's gonna give her a face almost as pretty as hers; meaning Arya got pretty. You can argue that pretty may not be enough however she's only 12 -the begin of puberty- my hopes is that she'll kill Cersei by the end of TWW or by the first half of DOS. She'll be 13/14, same age as Lyanna when Rhaegar saw her. Cersei is driving to madness imagine her thinking that Arya is actually Lyanna.

True, Cersei is still on Arya's death list. You can clearly see how Cersei is loosing control over her mind through the books, in book 1 she's strong, sane and clean; in book 2 she's drinking and away from Jamie what makes her weaker but still in the Battle of Blackwater she showed herself strong, calm, and passed that. In ASOS the drinking continues, she looses her son, her father, Tyrion and Sansa escape. In AFFC we see her POV, the woman's paranoid of everyone, she barely listen to advises(showing how weak ruler she's becoming), she drinks wine as it's water, she keeps her mind more in the past than in the present, her constant headache (tumor anyone?). In ADWD, there's the prision and the walk of shame, she begins strong but you can again see her loosing. If she still like this in the next two books she'll be completely mad. Making the Lyanna 2.0 theory stronger

I don't think Arya will be a queen for long, and Cersei thinking she's Lyanna's ghost. She'll kind be the "Queen of Love and Beauty".

Is there any proof he'll go North? Why would he? Winter has come and his main enemies are the Lannisters who resides in the South. And Arya falling in love and being a queen doesn't seem like her, maybe Queen of the North but "kingless" like Elizabeth I? Nymeria the queen was single too or am I wrong? I never heard the mention of a husband.

Anyway IF Arya ever fall in love, IF she has a king I think it'd be a peasant(like Gendry) or Ned Dayne.But gurl gotta more things to worry than love

Nymeria married Mors Martell after leading Rhoynar to Dorne. Mors was the ruler of Dorne at the time.

I am sure Arya will look nice but if she looks better than Cersei or turns into some carbon copy of Lyanna, well then this series is going into fan fiction territory. Why can't someone just be a hero and a human, why do they need to turn into some supermodel?

I once had a theory that Arya will turn into Taena ( Cersei's bed friend), and Cersei requested her at the end of ADWD and then Arya will be the valonquar that kills her.

Interesting thought. I think Arya will be contracted to off Illyrio and will end up hitching a ride with Dany & Co to Westeros when they make a pit stop in Pentos.

I am sure Arya will look nice but if she looks better than Cersei or turns into some carbon copy of Lyanna, well then this series is going into fan fiction territory. Why can't someone just be a hero and a human, why do they need to turn into some supermodel?

I don't like it when fans decide their favourite is drop dead gorgeous and the best looking in the realm just because they're their favourite either.

But it should be noted that even though Arya may not grow up to be drop dead gorgeous, certain characters may find her and her boiled leather more attractive than Cersei in her dresses ;)

But in the end this is Cersei's prophecy so only she can decide whose more beautiful than her

Archived