(Spoiler) Season 4 Iceland filming

NPT

I haven't made this post to talk about the soldiers (which I believe are Arryn men) I'm more interested in the first video. Now, if you go 6 minutes into the video you will see Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) and, apparently, Daniel Portman (Podrick).

To me the bloke does not look like Podrick to me he looks like Gendry.

If it is him I think Gendry will take Podricks place and go in search, with Brienne, of Sansa Stark. Remember in the show Gendry is currently on his way to Kings Landing, Brienne is also in Kings Landing.

I don't know, I'm just chucking the idea out there. This is post might be pointless, and that it just could be Daniel Portman.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/game-of-thrones-season-4-iceland.html?m=1

I haven't made this post to talk about the soldiers (which I believe are Arryn men) I'm more interested in the first video. Now, if you go 6 minutes into the video you will see Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) and, apparently, Daniel Portman (Podrick).

To me the bloke does not look like Podrick to me he looks like Gendry.

If it is him I think Gendry will take Podricks place and go in search, with Brienne, of Sansa Stark. Remember in the show Gendry is currently on his way to Kings Landing, Brienne is also in Kings Landing.

I don't know, I'm just chucking the idea out there. This is post might be pointless, and that it just could be Daniel Portman.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/game-of-thrones-season-4-iceland.html?m=1

Looks like Portman to me.

More interesting... there is Rose Leslie!

Lord! The whole cast there?

In two weeks they are going to shoot at least four different story segments, it's possible but had not heard of there being more than one film unit there.

(Now, until someone publishes a picture of Peter in Iceland , as reported, I am not going to believe it!)

Aiden Gillen and Peter Dinklage have also been spotted in Iceland, meaning Littlefinger and Tyrion will be doing something there as well.

http://www.newsoficeland.com/home/entertainment-leisure/motion-picture/item/2015-game-of-thrones-actors-partying-in-iceland

Also Brennock Oconnor has been cast and is currently filming there.

http://www.newsoficeland.com/home/entertainment-leisure/motion-picture/item/2009-new-game-of-thrones-actor-in-iceland

Poor Carice van Houten (Melisandre) she will catch a cold wearing Mel's robes on Iceland. :frown5:

I think Carice reported to Northern Ireland and maybe have completed all her shooting there, until Neil Marshall is ready to do episode 9, I am going to guess that The Battle for the Wall will take all of episode 9 and may be the last sequence they shoot. It's good Marshall came on early, now he can help in the planning, that is good.

(Carice is Dutch , those Northern Europeans don't get cold..... :), or embarrassed by nudity!

Sophie and Aidan would be there for the Vale (which makes it seem like they aren't going to skip the Fingers, which I thought they might be). I'm having a hard time figuring why Peter Dinklage would be there; there's the greeting of the Dornish party, but it seems like that would be filmed around where they're shooting the King's Landing stuff. Some kind of sequence relating to his escape at the end of the season?

i wonder who that little dork is playing

Why did I laugh at this.

Maybe they had to recast Sweet Robin?

Gods, I hope not. The kid they had in season 1 was perfect.

The first character that came to mind on seeing O'Connor's headshot was Rickon! Highly unlikely, I know.

Hmm....maybe he has something to do with Rickon in season 4? I know Rickon will be included, and they'll probably fill us in on the whole Umber thing, so he might have a small part in that storyline.

Maybe they had to recast Sweet Robin?

Ohhhhh. I agree that Lino Facioli was perfect in Season One, but he's 12-13 by now. His pictures at IMDb show he's about to hit his growth. Maybe they recast to keep Robin younger in the upcoming seasons. Does anyone know if Lino was back on set?

Having Gendry replace Podrick seems like quite an illogical thing to do. Podrick seems like a character the show could have pretty easily skipped except for saving Tyrion on the Blackwater and travelling with Brienne. They've taken this much time to build up the character, why throw it away at this point?

He has to go somewhere after Tyrion is captured.

The only other role is see Pod taking if he's not going with Brienne, is the role of another Payne. Seeing as Wilco Johnson is probably not returning due to his cancer, might be they'll have Pod replace him and fight against Jaime.... Lol okay that might be a bit to much.

Why not have Gendry just added to the group/ replace Hyle Hunt?

Ohhhhh. I agree that Lino Facioli was perfect in Season One, but he's 12-13 by now. His pictures at IMDb show he's about to hit his growth. Maybe they recast to keep Robin younger in the upcoming seasons. Does anyone know if Lino was back on set?

He was/is. He had a Twitter exchange with Sophie Turner a few weeks ago.

He was/is. He had a Twitter exchange with Sophie Turner a few weeks ago.

Well, good. And I saw in another thread that Osha was not contacted to be in S4, so it looks like she and Rickon are off into the shadows. I wonder who O'Connor is playing then. Who was Joffrey and Margaery's ring bearer?

Archived