Blackfish's Whereabouts

Twookus Stark

just finished reading Jaime's chapter from ADWD where he camps in Pennytree before Brienne finds him. Jaime comes upon the villagers holed up in the holdfast and they refurse to let him in, nothing strange about that as probably every Riverlander is scared of their own shadow by now, but then Jaime starts wondering about the pennies that are nailed to the tree in the middle of the village and is about to ask somebody but doesn't. This got me thinking that the pennies have something to do with the War of the Ninepenny Kings like maybe one for everybody from that village who died in the war. Blackfish fought in the war so maybe he knew some people there and they are hiding him in their holdfast?

lemme know what yall think.

There are several places that Blackfish could be: he could be dead, he could be hiding near Riverrun, he could be with the BWB, he could be on his way to the Vale, he could be out rallying riverland forces, he could be headed north. I don't think he is dead and I don't think he is near Riverrun, I also don't believe he is in the North or headed that way. So that leaves those other options. I personally hope that he is rallying the Riverlord and their forces.

just finished reading Jaime's chapter from ADWD where he camps in Pennytree before Brienne finds him. Jaime comes upon the villagers holed up in the holdfast and they refurse to let him in, nothing strange about that as probably every Riverlander is scared of their own shadow by now, but then Jaime starts wondering about the pennies that are nailed to the tree in the middle of the village and is about to ask somebody but doesn't. This got me thinking that the pennies have something to do with the War of the Ninepenny Kings like maybe one for everybody from that village who died in the war. Blackfish fought in the war so maybe he knew some people there and they are hiding him in their holdfast?

lemme know what yall think.

That is the pennytree that we learn of in the Dunk and Egg stories. There are two knights named Pennytree that figure in Dunk's backstory.

Could be that he was hiding there but since Tywin sent Gregor to destroy Riverlands, it could be simply that the people of Pennytree had enough from the Lannisters.

As it has been mentioned already, I think that Blackfish is most likely on his way to the Vale. He no longer has family or friends in the Riverlands and I don't think that he would risk the lives of commoners or that he would become an outlaw.

Do you mean the Departed? I would hope not. I would like to think he's not one to shy from a fight and become an assassin. Although being the only survivor of a "traitor's" entire army could make you change the way you do things.

Whoops. Yeah I do, my bad haha

/shame

Pennytree was Pennytree long before The WOT9PK.

GRRM confirmed Jeyne's hip discrepancy was an error debunking theory that BF and Jeyne were in Oldtown. BF was sworn to Robb. He believed Bran & Rickon were killed. Unless Robb told him about his intention to name Jon as his heir (which I doubt) he wouldn't know about Jon either. Since Cat was killed at RW BF probably believes Sansa is Robb's heir. He probably would have been told that she plotted with Tyrion to kill Joffrey and that she escaped from KL. He must know that many characters are trying to find her to bring her back to KL so he probably is trying to find her first. That may or may not lead him to the Vale.

Alternatively, he might have given up on House Stark, at least gor the time being, in which case he might be looking to free Edmure before he gets to CR.

While I think he would be happy to go about killing Freys, Lannisters & Greyjoys I doubt he would join with Uncat.

Archived