The Best Quote in the Whole series?

Spotted Cat

There sits the only king I mean to bow my knee to, m’lords, " he thundered. “The King in the North!

The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer's farce is almost done. My son is home

In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men

Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK

Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?

“It all goes back and back," Tyrion thought, "to our mothers and fathers and theirs before them. We are puppets dancing on the strings of those who came before us, and one day our own children will take up our strings and dance in our steads.”

"It ends in blood, as it began"

Agree with Davos' and Manderly's speeches. Man, Liam Cunningham is going to own that scene, I already feel goosebumps!

“Hoooodor,” said Hodor, swaying. “Hooooooodor, hoooooodor, hoDOR, hoDOR, hoDOR.”

Sometimes he liked to do this, just saying his name different ways, over and over and over.

Other times, he would stay so quiet you forgot he was there. There was never any knowing with Hodor.

“HODOR, HODOR, HODOR!” he shouted.

Yay, my first post is a Hodor qoute... :unsure:

oh and also:

“You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children. Now say her name.”

"Bugger that. Bugger him. Bugger you." Best Sandor quote so far.

“That’s no law, just a sword. Happens I got one, too." Pretty much sums up the logic of most armed forces.

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died." A good reminder, where the High Road leads to.

And of course:

Valar Morghulis

The best quote is

:

Oh yeah. The thing I love most about the series is, that it really gives a perspective to those characters you'd consider villains in other stories.

I also love the "Rhaegar fought [...]" quote. It's easy to take the high road if you don't have to pay a price for it.

One part I found particularly funny/macabre:

“Here now, don’t soil yourself. All you need to do is answer me a question, and I’ll tell them to let you go.” [...]

“No? Ah, that’s a pity. Well, up you go.”

“No,” Merrett squealed loudly. “No, don’t, I gave you your answer, you said you’d let me go.”

“Seems to me that what I said was I’d tell them to let you go.” The singer looked at yellow cloak. “Lem, let him go.”

“Go bugger yourself,” the big outlaw replied brusquely.

The singer gave Merrett a helpless shrug and began to play, “The Day They Hanged Black Robin.”

"He was a great man. A maester of the Citadel, chained and sworn, and Sworn Brother of the Night’s Watch, ever faithful. When he was born they named him for a hero who had died too young, but though he lived a long long time, his own life was no less heroic. No man was wiser, or gentler, or kinder. At the wall, a dozen lords commander came and went during his years of service, but he was always there to counsel them. He counseled kings as well. He could have been a king himself, but when they offered him the crown he told them they should give it to his younger brother. How many men would do that?" Sam felt the tears welling in his eyes, and knew he could not go on much longer. “He was the blood of the dragon, but now his fire has gone out. He was Aemon Targaryen. And now his watch is ended."

The waves may break upon the mountain, yet still they come, wave upon wave, and in the end only pebbles remain where once the mountain stood. And soon even the pebbles are swept away, to be ground beneath the sea for all eternity.

Death, there will be death, aye. Your lordship lost a son at the Red Wedding. I lost four upon the Blackwater. And why? Because the Lannisters stole the throne. Go to King’s Landing and look on Tommen with your own eyes, if you doubt me. A blind man could see it. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!

Archived