The Best Quote in the Whole series?

Spotted Cat

“Mind your tongue. You are not in Winterfell now, and I am not Robb the Boy, that you should speak to me so. I am the Greyjoy, Lord Reaper of Pyke, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and no man gives me a crown. I pay the iron price. I will take my crown, as Urron Redhand did five thousand years ago.”

“We’re children,” Myrcella declared haughtily. “We’re supposed to be childish.”

“There will be pain.”

“I’ll scream.”

“A great deal of pain.”

“I’ll scream very loudly.”

I prefer my history dead. Dead history is writ in ink, the living sort in blood.

The one in my signature by Jon Connington.

Also, "How can such a night be beautiful?" he asked himself. "Why would the stars want to look down on such as me?"

"I traveled a thousand leagues to get to you, and lost the best part of me along the way. Don't tell me to leave."

“They say night’s beauties fade at dawn, and the children of wine are oft disowned in the morning light"

“We all know what my brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

And who says Stannis isn't an inspiration.

From the TV series though, I have to go with Tyrion's "Oh fuck me," during Blackwater.

"Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue."

“Death,” he heard himself say, “there will be death, aye. Your lordship lost a son

at the Red Wedding. I lost four upon the Blackwater. And why? Because the Lannisters

stole the throne. Go to King’s Landing and look on Tommen with your own eyes, if you

doubt me. A blind man could see it. What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance.

Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers.

Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes.

Vengeance!”

“Yes,” piped a girl’s voice, thin and high.

It belonged to the half-grown child with the blond eyebrows and the long green braid.

“They killed Lord Eddard and Lady Catelyn and King Robb,” she said. “He was our king!

He was brave and good, and the Freys murdered him. If Lord Stannis will avenge him, we

should join Lord Stannis.”

Archived