Arianne Martell

Cimitière

You've mentioned some very beatiful women in this thread but as far as I've pictured Arianne, majority of them are too skinny. I always pictured her with more curvaceous figure. With that said, obviously I'd prefer a good actress over just good looks. And I hope Janina Gavankar has some kind of part down there in Dorne, even if it's not Arianne. But casting team will probably be looking more towards latino actresses and actors since Pedro Pascal is from South America.

Michelle Keegan is a bad idea. She's all glamour, she won't be able to carry the role outside of looking hot.

How much does she need really need to carry it though? Arianne's essentially a spoiled little rich girl with entitlement issues. I don't think it would really stretch anyone's acting abilities.

yeah theres no way that girl will be cast. how about Aiysha Hart or Gabrielle Wright?

Either could work. Don't count the other girl out though. HBO has probably done weirder things. And remember in that one scene Lady Nym is wearing something so sheer she might as well be naked. Areo has a thought that she's safer that way because you can see she's not hiding any knives. They need an actress who's willing to potentially wear that costume (or lack of costume).

Either could work. Don't count the other girl out though. HBO has probably done weirder things. And remember in that one scene Lady Nym is wearing something so sheer she might as well be naked. Areo has a thought that she's safer that way because you can see she's not hiding any knives. They need an actress who's willing to potentially wear that costume (or lack of costume).

true. but they also need talented actresses. but who knows. My top choice is Amber Rose Revah, but idk how she is with nudity/sex. I also think Emmanuelle Chriqui would be good. She's a bit old, but she has the right look imo. I think Dianne Guerrero and Catalina Sandino Moreno as well.

You've mentioned some very beatiful women in this thread but as far as I've pictured Arianne, majority of them are too skinny. I always pictured her with more curvaceous figure. With that said, obviously I'd prefer a good actress over just good looks. And I hope Janina Gavankar has some kind of part down there in Dorne, even if it's not Arianne. But casting team will probably be looking more towards latino actresses and actors since Pedro Pascal is from South America.

What about Priyanka Chopra? She's not latino but she definitely has the cruves. I think Dianne Guerrero has the right look though as far as latina actresses go. Or Catalina Sandino Moreno, or Emmanuelle Chriqui (maybe too old.)

Yeah, but I'd rather they cast a good actress over a bland actress.

She wants an X-rated role, that should be a clue as to what she cares about. Give her a prostitute role.

that's not what she said

"I'm a huge Game Of Thrones fan. I'd obviously love a role in that," she told the Daily Star during a recent interview. "I would consider getting naked and having sex scenes if the role was right."

Sounds to me more like. ":I want to be on GOT and if I have to get naked I will."

This is more problematic however.

She said: "I'm auditioning again now. It's nerve-racking but I'm getting more excited than anything. I'm getting a buzz from being out there again. It's exciting times for me at the minute."

"I'm currently busy having elocution lessons and acting lessons and want to be taken seriously as an actress."

Then again maybe she is Arianne and should play herself rather than act .

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/michelle-keegan-naked-only-game-thrones-role-admits-coronation-street-beauty-1452914

How much does she need really need to carry it though? Arianne's essentially a spoiled little rich girl with entitlement issues. I don't think it would really stretch anyone's acting abilities.

Arianne is a pretty complex character actually. She's no more spoiled than any other lord's daughter but she's been lead to believe that she'll have her inheritance ripped away from her so she focuses all her potential on living a life of pleasure and luxury. When she actually finds out the truth she's forced to re-evaluate herself and start channelling her intelligence and cunning towards politics. She's by far the most complex character in Dorne and I speculate this is why she might be cut - D+D don't want the new locations to have super complicated characters they just want some hot, badass women to appeal to the lowest common denominator, with simple characterisations based around their talents (e.g this is Tyene the poisoner, Nymeria is the extra sexy one, Obara is the spear fighter.) and simple motivations.

I recall her being about as complex as a whiny kid.

For me, Doran is the most complex. Nobody knows him or understands him, save perhaps for Areo. He is deep, lake Baikal deep. He has played The Game (at the moment) to a higher standard than Tywin and others. His plans will move Westeros.

I recall her being about as complex as a whiny kid.

For me, Doran is the most complex. Nobody knows him or understands him, save perhaps for Areo. He is deep, lake Baikal deep. He has played The Game (at the moment) to a higher standard than Tywin and others. His plans will move Westeros.

Well I won't pretend to be surprised at that reaction, I've seen a few people who think she's just a hot, spoiled Dornish girl. Doran is a complex character as well, but to be honest he is so inscrutable that we can't really say how complex. Much of his characterisation is left to the imagination. Arianne is explored much more thoroughly. I think she's one of the best characters in the series - an excellent deconstruction of the femme fatale. It saddens me greatly that she may be cut and worse that she isn't being cut for time or budget but to make way for her cousins.

Archived