Can some one help me understand Jon's Dream

Muggle

When Jon meets Sam in AGOT, He tells sam his recurring dream of him in Winterfell that is deserted and he is drawn to the Crypts.

What does this mean?

Is it foreshadowing that Jon will be lord of Winterfell or i guess now King in the North.

The castle being empty but for him meaning he owns the castle

The trip to the crypts because thats where all the previous Kings, Lords of Winterfel end up by tradition?

Odd Dream

I think it will foreshadow Jon being back at Winterfell in the future. He was looking for Ned, Arya and Robb in that dream and it makes sense that he would head down to the crypts to look for them. He may think all three are dead by the time he makes it back home. He may even be in Ghost when that dream comes true because most humans would light a torch. A direwolf though would keep going, even in the pitch black dark.

Jons dream always made him feel that he didnt belong there. This is a Stark place was very prevalent and he felt that he wasnt truly a Stark. If R+L really = Jon then he would be a Targaryen bastard and not a Stark. I believe that this is what the dream really interprets. Just my opinion.

Mostly foreshadowing that his proof of parentage is in the crypts. Although how his subconscious could have deciphered that... but in a magical world, minds are attuned to things they couldn't know conventionally. Everything is connected.

Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I don’t want to. I’m afraid of what might be waiting for me. The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but it’s not them I’m afraid of. I scream that I’m not a Stark, that this isn’t my place, but it’s no good, I have to go anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way. It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream."

The thing that he actually fears is the truth. We find out what is down in the crypts.

The mention of dreams reminded him. “I dreamed about the crow again last night. The one with three eyes. He flew into my bedchamber and told me to come with him, so I did. We went down to the crypts. Father was there, and we talked. He was sad.”

“And why was that?” Luwin peered through his tube.

“It was something to do about Jon, I think.” The dream had been deeply disturbing, more so than any of the other crow dreams.

When the time comes, I will tell him myself.

He will meet an image/apparition of Ned who tells Jon the truth about his parentage, like Arthur's foster father, Sir Ector, told Arthur about his true parentage. He may even possibly meet his mother, Lyanna.

Not trying to postjack but since this is about one of Jon's dreams I have a question about another. The dream where he sees the bloody wolf in the crypts, is it a wolf dream or a Targ dream? or just a plain old dream?

Not trying to postjack but since this is about one of Jon's dreams I have a question about another. The dream where he sees the bloody wolf in the crypts, is it a wolf dream or a Targ dream? or just a plain old dream?

This got me thinking, is every dream in Westeros foreshadowing of something?

Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I don’t want to. I’m afraid of what might be waiting for me. The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but it’s not them I’m afraid of. I scream that I’m not a Stark, that this isn’t my place, but it’s no good, I have to go anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way. It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream."

The thing that he actually fears is the truth. We find out what is down in the crypts.

The mention of dreams reminded him. “I dreamed about the crow again last night. The one with three eyes. He flew into my bedchamber and told me to come with him, so I did. We went down to the crypts. Father was there, and we talked. He was sad.”

“It was something to do about Jon, I think.” The dream had been deeply disturbing, more so than any of the other crow dreams.

He will meet an image/apparition of Ned who tells Jon the truth about his parentage, like Arthur's foster father, Sir Ector, told Arthur about his true parentage. He may even possibly meet his mother, Lyanna.

Does Bran know about Jons true parents then?

Archived