ConCarolinas May 30 - June 1 2014: Charlotte NC GRRM Guest of honor

I didn't get my tickets yet, so I guess I'm paying at the door. Hopefully I can still get in. For the banquet I can't find a place to buy a ticket!! I'm going crazy lol

Edit: Is it too late to purchase a pass? And how would I pay?

@Ser Scott, I saw you added my name, does that mean I would pay group registration?

I would search for ConCarolinas for tickets. The site says you have til may 4 to preregister. The banquet sold out in like 12 hours

I didn't get my tickets yet, so I guess I'm paying at the door. Hopefully I can still get in. For the banquet I can't find a place to buy a ticket!! I'm going crazy lol

Edit: Is it too late to purchase a pass? And how would I pay?

@Ser Scott, I saw you added my name, does that mean I would pay group registration?

Here is the registration website:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/concarolinas-2014-registration-6734776899

And one eyed raven is correct, you can no longer buy guest of honor banquet tickets and there is supposedly a pretty long waiting list for anyone who cancels.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay,

Things are starting to firm up. If all goes as planned Bill's Barbeque on South Blvd. can do take out for about $10.00 a head that's BBQ (Eastern NC style) drinks, 2 sides, and plates and stuff. I need a rough count of how many want to eat and I need somone to volunteer a room we can set up this spread in as timewise I don't think a road trip to the restaraunt is going to work, they close at 8 PM and GRRM's availablity is limited.

Okay,

Things are starting to firm up. If all goes as planned Bill's Barbeque on South Blvd. can do take out for about $10.00 a head that's BBQ (Eastern NC style) drinks, 2 sides, and plates and stuff. I need a rough count of how many want to eat and I need somone to volunteer a room we can set up this spread in as timewise I don't think a road trip to the restaraunt is going to work, they close at 8 PM and GRRM's availablity is limited.

Scot, please put Ellen and me down for the meal. Staying at the Marriott so room would not work. Thanks!

IME,No, we meet up there but are not attending as a "group". Still working on Saturday night. I've traded IM's with GRRM's assistant and have been advised schedule is still not final. Hopefully, we'll know what's up soon.

Lol good, because I already got my ticket

Okay,Things are starting to firm up. If all goes as planned Bill's Barbeque on South Blvd. can do take out for about $10.00 a head that's BBQ (Eastern NC style) drinks, 2 sides, and plates and stuff. I need a rough count of how many want to eat and I need somone to volunteer a room we can set up this spread in as timewise I don't think a road trip to the restaraunt is going to work, they close at 8 PM and GRRM's availablity is limited.

I'm still working on my hotel, but with the plans I'm okay with anything and I you can count me in.

Yippee! I've booked my room. I have a dumb question: when is the banquet? Would that be conflicting with a dinner with GRRM? I'm pretty certain most of us would forego a banquet with the rest of the Con if it meant we had a more intimate dinner with GRRM and the BwB.

Ok. I was just checking. Line management can be a huge issue, but they may have the staff already. If you don't hear from Raya, I can get you in contact with his office assistant and travel manager.

Since I'm coming now, Lily and I can be in our Silent Sisters costumes again. This worked pretty well for line control at CapClave. :-)

AB,

That's my thought too. We just need someplace were we can set up the carry out.

Okay - what about the executive lounge floor for dining/party? If someone has a room on the Executive floor, I believe they have access to the Lounge. Perhaps this is something the hotel would be willing to do for us ?

Okay,

I'll definitely be up for the dinner (1). My wife is a vegetarian, so the BBQ place would be out for her. But there is a Thai place nearby where I can get her food, so it shouldn't be an issue. She is a vendor in the dealer's hall, so I have to work around her schedule some.

As for hotels, my wife and I are staying at the Sleep Inn, which is walking distance from the Hilton. We bring our rat terrier, and the Hilton doesn't allow pets.It has very reasonable rates.

As for the banquet, unless you already have your ticket, it is sold out, and there is already a waiting list.

GH

Archived