ConCarolinas May 30 - June 1 2014: Charlotte NC GRRM Guest of honor

Just asked for time off from work, so I may be able to make this happen. Depends on $$ and coverage for my doggie.

In the meantime, are any ladies of TTTNE looking for a possible roommate? I have been known to make myself comfortable on the floor and/or not come back until the morning anyway... ;)

And if I do make it, count me in for House Bannister and all assorted BWB togetherness stuff. I'm happy to volunteer to work the signing line again, too. \m/

Cross your fingers for me, folks...

Stay in touch Maid! Just saw your post, not sure how I missed it. Cat and I are rooming together and there's always space for a Queen. I promise I'll help you stay out all night :kiss:

I am looking at staying at the Microtel just down the street, $69 for a double. I'm driving in from Thursday through Monday.

Arlington Bill, if you need help with DC17 stuff count me in, whether its sitting at a table or passing out fliers or whatever.

Any buddy got details on volunteering, cuz I can't find the Volunteer Director's email on the website.

Great news. I'll let Warren Buff know as he is the person heading the charge at Concarolinas.

Bill

Thank you to all of the volunteers. What I know at this point:

DC17 will have a fan table. I believe that help will be needed to staff the table. I did warn Warren that people would be willing to help, but maybe not during George's events.

There will be a party Saturday evening. Set up and staffing help will probably be needed. Not sure if this is a dry or wet party at this point.

Bill

Becca, count me in too.

Bill, thanks again for all of your hard work.

This is an easy one. Ser Scott is doing the heavy lifting for BWB and Warren Buff is the heavy lifter for DC17. I'm just playing intermediary.

FYI Makotohanabi and I plan to arrive Thursday afternoon, so we'll have time to relax and be rested and ready to go on Friday. I have no idea if we are going to do anything in Charlotte during the day Friday.

Me and Brian are flying in on Thursday night and leaving late on that Sunday so we're down for any hangouts or lunches. We are going to the Friday banquet but other than that no plans right now

I will be driving in Thursday afternoon. Lara will be driving up Friday afternoon. We are bringing different vehicles due to her on-call obligations. I am willing to help with setup and we will both be able to help with take down on Sunday afternoon since will we stay over until Monday.

And Becca69, I think that you and Lara met at CapClave and she is excited about seeing you again! So count her and I in for lunch!

We are also thinking about going to the Aquarium one morning. If anyone else is interested please let me know. It is 20 miles out of town.

Me and Brian are flying in on Thursday night and leaving late on that Sunday so we're down for any hangouts or lunches. We are going to the Friday banquet but other than that no plans right now

How late on Thursday? Maybe we can do dinner?

I will be driving in Thursday afternoon. Lara will be driving up Friday afternoon. We are bringing different vehicles due to her on-call obligations. I am willing to help with setup and we will both be able to help with take down on Sunday afternoon since will we stay over until Monday.

And Becca69, I think that you and Lara met at CapClave and she is excited about seeing you again! So count her and I in for lunch!

We are also thinking about going to the Aquarium one morning. If anyone else is interested please let me know. It is 20 miles out of town.

Friday Morning might make for a nice trip to the Aquarium. Let me check with Makotohanabi.

I'll be arriving Wednesday evening, but on Thursday will be manning a table at the North Carolina Transportation Museum where a railroad locomotive from the New Jersey non-profit historical society of which i am a officer will be displayed Thursday through Sunday along with 25 to 30 other 1930-50's era diesels coming from all over the county. See http://www.nctrans.org/Events/Streamliners-at-Spencer-%281%29.aspx

That said, it leaves Friday all day open for me until the con starts and then the banquet that evening.Will try to catch some of the filk music events, too. Open to BWB activities during the con, helping with crowd control at GRRM events, or whatever else need be done. Heading back to NJ Monday morning.

How late on Thursday? Maybe we can do dinner?

Friday Morning might make for a nice trip to the Aquarium. Let me check with Makotohanabi.

Our flight gets in at 10 so we'd get to the hilton around 1030. Not too late but past dinner time. But a bar meetup could work as well.

Also I love aquariums so that would definitely be a cool trip but no car so we'd have to catch a ride with someone

Yep, I believe we did. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Archived