Moqorro's agenda: Good or Evil

Ser Pigeon Pie

I'd say that, like Benerro, Moqorro truly believes that Daenerys is Azor Ahai and is bent on helping what he perceives to be her mission. Helping Victarion acquire control over the horn presents risk to Daenerys, but it may be that it is the best/least bad arrangement from Moqorro's point of view. Euron is presently believed to be its master. Both Moqorro and Victarion consider Euron a mutual threat. Furthermore, Victarion has shown signs of being a useful tool for Daenerys, more of a help than a hindrance, as she could use the Iron Fleet's services. Moqorro may believe this kraken is likely enough to prove to be a servant of R'hllor and Daenerys to be worthy of mastering the horn.

In many ways, Melisandre seems more secretive and suspicious in her agenda regarding Stannis.

I don't think Victarion sees himself as an aid to Dany. Whether he is following Euron's or his own agenda it is probably not the same agenda that Dany has. The ironborn are not one for showing help to others to win their affection, more for taking what is theirs by force. So I think enabling Vic to control the dragons will totally discard the notion of marrying Dany, as was the original intention. It be a pretty weak move on his part to follow through with a wedding having already gained control of her dragons.

Before intentions, we don't even know his true identity. A man just surfaces up in water, survives when all others are dead, possesses vast knowledge and excellent healing arts. Throw in a dab hand at astrology, and you have a Maester of the Citadel in making; or is it?

A lot might have happened between Moqorro being swept overboard on the Selaesori Qhoranand being picked up by the Iron fleet so it is entirely plausible that something might have changed for him. Not sure about the Citadel part though..

I think Moqorro could be the perfumed senechall from Quaites profecies, because he has come from the so-named ship....mayhaps he will give Danaerys false councel...I don t think he is evil...but the path of the Lord of Light could be a false path for Danaerys

I think Moqorro could be the perfumed senechall from Quaites profecies, because he has come from the so-named ship....mayhaps he will give Danaerys false councel...I don t think he is evil...but the path of the Lord of Light could be a false path for Danaerys

remember that Tyrion and Jorah were also on that ship

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that anything Moqorro has done so far is accidental. He knew before he boarded the Stinky Seneshal that there would be a terrible storm and he would end up on Victarion's ship. He asked to be taken to Victarion or Victarion would die from his wound. It stands to reason that he knows that Dany is not in Meereen and that the dragons are loose since he contradicts reports that she is dead and tell Victarion that she has seen her. He seems to be a confidence man seducing Victarion over to his side in much the same way that Melisandre uses seduction to get her way.

There are hints that Benerro is building an army of the Red god. Five soldiers travel with Moqorro originally. I think his purpose is to acquire a dragon and Victarion is providing a means to an end.

Moqorro appears to have knowledge of dragon binding horns. He says that the horn must be claimed with blood and fire; fire and blood. He seems to have a plan for Victarion and I'm not sure what that is.

He says that Dany is the savior of the world. But I don't know what he means by that. His version of the world where everyone burns in a holy congragration and then is resurrected in the true faith is quite frightening. Illyrio may be involved with attempting to bring a dragon back to Pentos since his first attempt to get Dany to come back with them failed.

Moqorro is dangerous. He is not what he seems and the Dusky Woman knows who or what he represents.

Yeah dusky woman reaction was telling. When I first read about Moqorro i thought his description was similar to Euron's crew. Then when he started spouting Red priest stuff to Vic I could almost hear Eurons pious speech at the kingsmoot.

Im actually pretty sure he is Euron'sn catspaw

Moqorro and the Red Priests think Dany is the messiah, so what better way to win her trust than to give her a tool to control her dragons?

And by tool I mean the horn, not Victarion (heh). I think Moqorro realized that the horn is the real deal, but probably it only works for people with Targ blood. Maybe Moqorro is encouraging Vic to use it, and after Vic is toast, Moqorro will get it to Dany.

I think Moqorro will be important for Dany regarding the mystery of Asshai and all that Quaithe said.

Melisandra - a red priestest that councils King Stannis (AAR) and contends with Davos, his loyal Hand and a former smuggler by sea.

Moqorro - a red priest that councils Queen Daenerys (AAR). He is accompained by Victarion, a disloyal mock-Hand of the King and a current reaver/pirate.

Oh, GRRM.

Moqorro and the Red Priests think Dany is the messiah, so what better way to win her trust than to give her a tool to control her dragons?

And by tool I mean the horn, not Victarion (heh). I think Moqorro realized that the horn is the real deal, but probably it only works for people with Targ blood. Maybe Moqorro is encouraging Vic to use it, and after Vic is toast, Moqorro will get it to Dany.

I think Moqorro will be important for Dany regarding the mystery of Asshai and all that Quaithe said.

This one.

He wants to help Daenerys saving the world, as Benerro said.

Victarion's no more than a taxi driver to reach Dany and give her the horn.

Or eventually, a useful tool.

Yeah dusky woman reaction was telling. When I first read about Moqorro i thought his description was similar to Euron's crew. Then when he started spouting Red priest stuff to Vic I could almost hear Eurons pious speech at the kingsmoot.

Im actually pretty sure he is Euron'sn catspaw

Some speculate that Moqorro employs a glamour to disguise his true appearance. When Victarion sees Moqorro praying around the night fire; he observes that the flame tattoos on Moqorro's face seem to move and twist like real flames. This may be a clue that a glamour is in place and that his entire appearance might be like Victarion's arm; black like pork crackling and sometimes the skins cracks and smokes. He made an observation when Moqorro first came aboard the ship that he was so black that he looked like he had been roasted on a fire. Perhaps the dusky woman can see past the glamour or has experience with such priests from Asshai. Assuming that's where she originates. As a shadowbinder, the dusky woman might have a particular fear of Moqorro since women are used by sorcerers to birth shadows. Can't be sure what happened in that cabin when he "healed" Victarion's hand but I think the Dusky Woman was present throughout. The strange singing the crew heard is reminiscent of Mirri Maaz Duur's incantation to invoke the ancient shadows. I believe that's the point where all the monkeys that were infesting the ship started shrieking and jumped overboard into the sea.

It is curious that Euron didn't go himself with the dragon horn but sent Victarion instead. I don't think there is a connection between Benerro, Moqorro and Euron. But I don't think it's out of the question that Euron Crow's Eye is capable of seeing the future either with his use of shade of the evening. He may very well have set Victarion up knowing what would happen and that this serves Euron's purpose in some way. I don't think Euron is allied with the Red God or Illyrio. I think he's allied with the three eyed crow. .

I do think that she is the savior of the world. But what does that mean to the Red Priests through the lens of their religion? Moqorro knows that the dragons are loose and Dany is gone. I think he saw Quentyn attempting to steal the dragons. Quentyn keeps repeating fire and blood; blood and fire. Moqorro tells Victarion that the horn must be claimed with fire and blood; blood and fire. So although, Quentyn may have gone to Meereen with good intentions for Dany; it didn't stop him from trying to steal the dragons when the opportunity presented itself. And I think that Moqorro and Benerro are just as duplicitous. I think they knew well in advance that the dragons would be loose and free for the taking if you have a dragon horn, a sorcerer who knows how to use it and a thrall to ride the dragon.

The horn is the real deal. Dany contemplates training dragons and knows that dragon lords used whips, horns and sorcery to control dragons. So it appears you don't have to have Targaryen blood to bind a dragon. Moqorro also qualifies the statement by saying that Victarion will get his dragon (singular). Of course Victarion thinks he means Danaerys, but that's not what he means. Moqorro is stringing him along. When he says that he has seen Victarion's glorious future; that could easily mean that Victarion will be burnt to a crisp as the blood price or it could mean that Victarion becomes a slave to Moqorro..

This is why Quaithe is warning Dany about them. Everyone wants to "help" Dany; but they really want her dragons and if she comes along in the bargain, fine. Of course, the people of Meereen want the dragons destroyed because they are so dangerous and not under any kind of control.

Some speculate that Moqorro employs a glamour to disguise his true appearance. When Victarion sees Moqorro praying around the night fire; he observes that the flame tattoos on Moqorro's face seem to move and twist like real flames. This may be a clue that a glamour is in place and that his entire appearance might be like Victarion's arm; black like pork crackling and sometimes the skins cracks and smokes. He made an observation when Moqorro first came aboard the ship that he was so black that he looked like he had been roasted on a fire. Perhaps the dusky woman can see past the glamour or has experience with such priests from Asshai. Assuming that's where she originates. As a shadowbinder, the dusky woman might have a particular fear of Moqorro since women are used by sorcerers to birth shadows. Can't be sure what happened in that cabin when he "healed" Victarion's hand but I think the Dusky Woman was present throughout. The strange singing the crew heard is reminiscent of Mirri Maaz Duur's incantation to invoke the ancient shadows. I believe that's the point where all the monkeys that were infesting the ship started shrieking and jumped overboard into the sea.

It is curious that Euron didn't go himself with the dragon horn but sent Victarion instead. I don't think there is a connection between Benerro, Moqorro and Euron. But I don't think it's out of the question that Euron Crow's Eye is capable of seeing the future either with his use of shade of the evening. He may very well have set Victarion up knowing what would happen and that this serves Euron's purpose in some way. I don't think Euron is allied with the Red God or Illyrio. I think he's allied with the three eyed crow. .

everything is good.but Euron and Bloodraven,really?why would they ally and where would have they meet?

Shebara, on 16 August 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

manting replied:

remember that Tyrion and Jorah were also on that ship

====================================================================================

Exactly! And hopefully that's how Dany will know that Moqorro is duplicitous and out to use her. Once she and Tyrion meet, he will describe his wanderings and mention the Selaesori Qhoran. Dany or Missandei will know how to translate that and Dany will know that Moqorro may be the one Quaithe was warning against. Hopefully, she'll either destroy him or at least be immune to his blandishments.

everything is good.but Euron and Bloodraven,really?why would they ally and where would have they meet?

Yes, I know, it's counter-intuitive and way out there. I'm not so sure that Bloodraven is the Three Eyed Crow anymore. I used to think they were one in the same; except that when Bran asked BR if he is the three-eyed crow; he seems confused by the question and doesn't really give an answer. Of course, we are told that BR is the last greenseer; but is he really? Who is located on the Isle of Faces? Whoever or whatever the three eyed crow turns out to be; he gives Bran the god's eye view of the world in GoT. Bran is taken high above the world and can see all of westeros and as far as Asshai; he can see individual people; then he is taken to the Wall and beyond to the very top of the world. I don't think this is Bloodraven's doing. I think it something or someone vastly more powerful. But I've been wrong before. LOL.

As for Euron's alliance; I won't go into it at this point. But have a look at his personal bannerl. It looks like representation of The Pact if you ask me. With the children of the forest represented at the bottom; a red cat's eye, two crows (Night's Watch and King of the North) with a crown in the middle (the realm). The banner he flies on his ships is only a red eye with a dark pupil. Could be Bloodraven. I think Euron plays the double game and his ship the Silence is warded so he can't be heard or seen. Feel free to mock me. I will have the last laugh! LOL!

Moqorro is the only other red priest we see activey asking for sacrifices to be burned for R'hollor besides Melisandre. He also has shown the ability to do real magic, again, like Melisandre. I think it's safe to say he is like her - neither good nor bad - but a devout believer in the "plan". I don't think we'll see him falling into one camp or the other, just as with Melisandre.

Dudes, the setup is simple. The Red God and the Great Other are one and the same. They are a single diabolic entity - with the same goal -- the destuction of humanity, by pitting them against each other.

How much of this is Moqorro aware? Probably not much. He may sincerely believe that Dany is Azor Ahai. After all, the more bloodthirsty "saviors" run around, the more bloodshed and the more destruction.

But he certainly knows this much: Victarion is a sucker.

Dudes, the setup is simple. The Red God and the Great Other are one and the same. They are a single diabolic entity - with the same goal -- the destuction of humanity, by pitting them against each other.

There is no proof of this at all. But I'd totally hate a diabolic entity whose goal is destuction, which I'm assuming to mean getting something unstuck.

Archived