Moqorro's agenda: Good or Evil

Ser Pigeon Pie

Little is really known about the Black Flame's purpose for travelling to Essos except that he was sent by the high priest Benerro to bring counsel and help to Dany because they believe she is AAR. He seems be a lot more accurate with his visions than Melisandre, so he must have seen the encounter with Victarion and must know their intentions for travelling all the way out to Slaver's Bay. And attempting to make Victarion the master of the Dragon Horn seems to be going against his mission in the first place.

So what do you think Moqorro's real intentions are? Either way it makes him seem like quite a deceitful character. So is he really double crossing Dany to teach her a lesson of some kind? Or is this all part of his original plan to help Dany by helping the ironborn only to betray them and switch sides again? Or is there a secret plot to gain control of Dany's Dragons for gheir own personal gain? Or even a hidden agenda by Moqorro himself in which he means to betray the Red Priests and use the Dragons for his own means..

The possibilities are endless, but he seems like an intriguing character which is why I want to know what the future will hold for him. Thoughts?

Or even a hidden agenda by Moqorro himself in which he means to betray the Red Priests and use the Dragons for his own means..

No idea what Moqorro's endgame is, but I think you have to remember that he is a slave of the Red Temple, and therefore likely takes orders from Benerro (who considers himself a slave to R'hllor).

It seems to me that Moqorro has done just enough to gain Vic's trust up to now, so he'd be able to do almost anything he wants. His agenda seems to have little to do with Vic dumb-as-a-stump Greyjoy, aside from safe passage to Mereen, and maybe getting his hands on the horn. I think Vic is a means to an end for Moqorro, whose ultimate goal should be fighting the Others, if he's truly a servant of R'hllor.

There's no reason to doubt his faith in R'hllor as of now. If Victarion wants to do something contrary to what he thinks R'hllor wants, Moqorro will turn one him.

If Victarion actually wants to marry Dany, he'd be better off giving her the dragon horn rather than trying to steal the dragons with it. Maybe Moqorro will advise that he does that.

Moqorro seems to be in that faction of Red Priests who believe Dany is AAR. I would guess that his ultimate end goal is to help Dany. I think he's just using Vic to get to Dany. Remember his words to Tyrion "A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood." He sees Euron as a danger, but perhaps knows that Vic plans to betray Euron by taking Dany for himself. I'm still on the fence here. Moqorro could see Vic as a potential ally to Dany, but he could also be trying to get rid of him, possibly by misleading him in the use of the dragon horn. Whatever the case, I do think Moqorro's ultimate goal is to guide Dany.

I'm sure he does want to help Dany, given what Benerro was preaching in Volantis. What happens next, intrigues me. Will they want to follow Dany, or control her? Will R'hllor seek to possess her? What do the Red Priests expect Azhor Ahai reborn to do?

Before intentions, we don't even know his true identity. A man just surfaces up in water, survives when all others are dead, possesses vast knowledge and excellent healing arts. Throw in a dab hand at astrology, and you have a Maester of the Citadel in making; or is it?

I think he probably saw in the flames that Victarion would be a big help for Dany with his fleet and his horn, so what's why he's helping him, but as soon as Vic isn't needed anymore, Moqorro will probably just let him burn in some way.

he and Marwyn look nothing alike. Marwyn is short - Morroqo is nearly as big as victarion. I dont see it. Nowhere is it said the Marwyn is a red priest. Also Morroqo set sail with Tyrion at the order of the High Priest. He had guards with him and he departed fro Volantis. Not everyone is a secret someone else.

I'd say that, like Benerro, Moqorro truly believes that Daenerys is Azor Ahai and is bent on helping what he perceives to be her mission. Helping Victarion acquire control over the horn presents risk to Daenerys, but it may be that it is the best/least bad arrangement from Moqorro's point of view. Euron is presently believed to be its master. Both Moqorro and Victarion consider Euron a mutual threat. Furthermore, Victarion has shown signs of being a useful tool for Daenerys, more of a help than a hindrance, as she could use the Iron Fleet's services. Moqorro may believe this kraken is likely enough to prove to be a servant of R'hllor and Daenerys to be worthy of mastering the horn.

In many ways, Melisandre seems more secretive and suspicious in her agenda regarding Stannis.

I think his primary aim is to convert and control Dany. I perceive imposing your religious will on a people with their own thriving faith as evil, so that would make Moqorro evil. As in early Christianity, converting a king/queen meant converting the subjects. So if he ensnares her in his religion then helps her get to Westeros, it will be a big step forward in converting the entire 7 kingdoms. As another poster said, Victarion is just his means to an end. But I hope:

1) that the horn proves to be a dud.

2) that if Moqorro disposes of Victarion, the Ironborn reject his honeyed words and dispose of Moqorro.

3) that if Moqorro obtains an audience with Dany, she is smart enough to see through his double hidden agenda and either tosses him out or whispers "Dracarys" to the nearest dragon.

Archived