whats GRRM reading today?

Abyssalix

Thanks a lot.

Personally, I'm not really disappointed because I don't care for Tyrion chapters.

I never cared for them in the last book either.

However, the last time I had to wait for books was Harry Potter and Rowling seemed like she popped them out quicker than Fat Walda pops in tarts, so I'm not exactly accustomed to this waiting business like some of the more venerable posters.

I'm so damn greedy for information and text on TWoW at this stage if the whole book was written from an Aeron Damphair POV id still ravenously devour it.

(Just to clarify, I'm not attacking GRRM for his writing pace, his work is a lot more complex than Rowling's, and Id rather him take long and do it properly. I just need to vent sometimes :) )

Can you ask people questions on twitter? (Yes, I'm one of those who have no idea how it works). If you can ask questions, is it possible to ask specific questions about the tyrion chapter we've already got to see if it was the same one? Or perhaps ask a twitter what specific thing they recall from the reading.

Yes, and that's exactly what I did.

The problem being that the person in question didn't know that the chapter had been read before, so I had to provide her with some details (black sails) before she could confirm it.

I never cared for them in the last book either.

However, the last time I had to wait for books was Harry Potter and Rowling seemed like she popped them out quicker than Fat Walda pops in tarts, so I'm not exactly accustomed to this waiting business like some of the more venerable posters.

I'm so damn greedy for information and text on TWoW at this stage if the whole book was written from an Aeron Damphair POV id still ravenously devour it.

(Just to clarify, I'm not attacking GRRM for his writing pace, his work is a lot more complex than Rowling's, and Id rather him take long and do it properly. I just need to vent sometimes :) )

Lol this is how I feel..

I'm glad it's not a Sansa chapter. I want to stay unspoiled for her story in TWOW and read it all in one go and it's impossible to stay spoiler-free in this fandom, unless you actively avoid it everywhere. But I also miss my girl and just want her back in my life already. I think I could live if we got just one chapter, but getting it in form of a report from a reading would be the worst. I want to read Martin's words, not, for example, Martin's words as reported by an overly analytical fan who adds layers of their own interpretation to the report or Martin's words as reported by someone who misses parts of the text because they forgot them or didn't think them significant enough to mention or.. You know the final version is going to look different from any report we will get, so I would rather not have potentially incorrect spoilers, especially since some people will take them and run with them. It would be different if we were getting a Sansa chapter as the preview chapter for TWOW in ADWD paperback because then we would have the entire text as written by Martin.

I don't think so. He postponed it because he's worried that the show might overtake him imo.

I don't know, he never really acted like it was too much of a concern previously.

Unless it crept-up on him, and he spoke too soon again. Regardless, I do honestly think Martin could use a bit more self-discipline; I know he likes to work on different things, but part of self-discipline is finishing what you start in a timely manner.

I don't know, he never really acted like it was too much of a concern previously.

Unless it crept-up on him, and he spoke too soon again. Regardless, I do honestly think Martin could use a bit more self-discipline; I know he likes to work on different things, but part of self-discipline is finishing what you start in a timely manner.

Who knows? Maybe if he did possess that self-discipline, it would impinge on his creativity?

So we can have an anime instead ! *daydreaming*

An anime done by the same guys who did Berserk Golden Age would be awesome. Or maybe take that approach for D&E. Of course I'd rather have a live action series, but a quality anime would be awesome!

Archived