Small questions v.10013

Angalin

I guess my real question is does LF plan on killing Tyrion?

"The marriage must needs wait until Cersei is done and Sansa’s safely widowed."

But my best guess is he's banking on Cersei capturing Tyrion,at least that's what I though when I read that.

I see a lot of similarities between Podrick/Brienne and Dunk/Egg. He seems to be a character that is gaining more and more significance. What is the point though? What's the endgame with Pod? Is Pod dead? Should I have started a new topic for this?

Pod is not dead ..............Martin has confirmed as much and went on to say brienne says "Sword" and they don't hang them.............Obviously since she appears in ADWD but he HAS confirmed PODRICK IS alive

Um, I'm not sure you're following. We're talking about arse bleeding, basically.

Um, I'm not sure you're following. We're talking about arse bleeding, basically.

arse Bleeding?????? does that happen to you girls.??????????????? ..........LOL JK

With Dany? Why did she think it was a period then?

She was having her moon blood plus she had eaten some berries that turned her bowels to water.

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before,

and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank,

the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the

stream to suck up more water. When she closed her eyes at last, Dany did not know whether she would

be strong enough to open them again.

Then on the next page:

When she woke, gasping, her thighs were slick with blood.

For a moment she did not realize what it was. The world had just begun to lighten, and the tall

grass rustled softly in the wind. No, please, let me sleep some more. I’m so tired. She tried to burrow

back beneath the pile of grass she had torn up when she went to sleep. Some of the stalks felt wet. Had

it rained again? She sat up, afraid that she had soiled herself as she slept. When she brought her fingers

to her face, she could smell the blood on them. Am I dying? Then she saw the pale crescent moon,

floating high above the grass, and it came to her that this was no more than her moon blood.

If she had not been so sick and scared, that might have come as a relief. Instead she began to

shiver violently. She rubbed her fingers through the dirt, and grabbed a handful of grass to wipe

between her legs. The dragon does not weep. She was bleeding, but it was only woman’s blood. The

moon is still a crescent, though. How can that be? She tried to remember the last time she had bled. The

last full moon? The one before? The one before that? No, it cannot have been so long as that. “I am the

blood of the dragon,” she told the grass, aloud.

There was no blood from the back, only the front.

Apologies, I may have misread or conflated the post I was responding to, I thought it was "why did Dany think it was her period if it was a miscarriage" or some such. In which case my statement still stands, women don't magically know they are pregnant and early miscarriages can seem a whole lot like heavy periods.

Anyway, she was not bleeding from the arse.

Apologies, I may have misread or conflated the post I was responding to, I thought it was "why did Dany think it was her period if it was a miscarriage" or some such. In which case my statement still stands, women don't magically know they are pregnant and early miscarriages can seem a whole lot like heavy periods.

Anyway, she was not bleeding from the arse.

Because George said that it was her moonblood.

Does Mel ever say anything about BR or Bran being the great other?

I know she says that they might be 'the enemy', but i thought she actually used the words great other for them.???

From DwD:
Devan fed fresh logs to the fire until the flames leapt up again, fierce and furious, driving the

shadows back into the corners of the room, devouring all her unwanted dreams. The dark recedes again

… for a little while. But beyond the Wall, the enemy grows stronger, and should he win the dawn will

never come again. She wondered if it had been his face that she had seen, staring out at her from the

flames. No. Surely not. His visage would be more frightening than that, cold and black and too terrible

for any man to gaze upon and live. The wooden man she had glimpsed, though, and the boy with the

wolf’s face … they were his servants, surely … his champions, as Stannis was hers.

Is there an SSM or is this from the text?

DwD Dany Last Chapter:

When she brought her fingers to her face, she could smell the blood on them. Am I dying?

Then she saw the pale crescent moon, floating high above the grass, and it came to her

that this was no more than her moon blood.

If she had not been so sick and scared, that might have come as a relief. Instead she began to

shiver violently. She rubbed her fingers through the dirt, and grabbed a handful of grass to wipe

between her legs. The dragon does not weep. She was bleeding, but it was only woman’s blood. The

moon is still a crescent, though. How can that be? She tried to remember the last time she had bled. The

last full moon? The one before? The one before that? No, it cannot have been so long as that. “I am the

blood of the dragon,” she told the grass, aloud.

Archived