Dumb predictions you made that were wrong

Illyrio Mo'Parties

"As if George RR Martin would kill Ned! Pssh!"

"Nah, Oberyn will win for sure."

"Robb will escape the wedding!"

Pretty much this. When I started reading the books, I was naive enough to think the good guys would prevail. Or at least survive. :P Yeah, no.

I was also naive enough to think Dany would get out of Essos some time in Clash; I certainly didn't think she'd still be there three books later. But I also thought Strong Belwas would die after eating the locusts, so it was a nice surprise when he didn't.

After I finished GoT I had a rough timeline in my head; book 2 would mainly be dealing with the Civil War and Dany uniting the Dothraki and end with her invasion, book 3 would be mostly about Dany and her invasion of Westeros and would end with the White Walkers invading from the North, then from there it would be a fragile alliance of those previously at war teaming up to take on the more serious threat of the Others.

I got a bit ahead of myself, basically.

I was convinced that after the RW that Riverrun would put the word about that Westerling was pregnant with Robbs heir in order to gather forces together. I thought it would not be true, but they would convince the Northerners for long enough to attack south. Then to my horror Westerling is killed in the TV series . . . so that idea died . . .

I watched the show (first 2 seasons) before reading the books. With the ending of Season 2 and the name of book 3 "A Storm Of Swords" I was sure that the Others would attack in ASoS. Well, they did not.

After that I made the prediction that they'd attack in AFfC based on the Sam chapter where Small Paul attacks them and there's a crow on his shoulder eating his face. It did not happen either.

Then I made the prediction that Daenerys would conquer Westeros in ADWD (I made this theory after the previous one, but before finishing ASoS) And guess what? It did not happen!

I hoped 3EC (Three-eyed Crow) is female, but in my defense it was because stupid translation.

You see, crows in Croatian literature and folklore are female and most verbs in our language have gender, so translation made 3EC female.

I still think it could better if Martin made 3EC female, it would be real shock for a Bran&co.

I hoped 3EC (Three-eyed Crow) is female, but in my defense it was because stupid translation.

You see, crows in Croatian literature and folklore are female and most verbs in our language have gender, so translation made 3EC female.

I still think it could better if Martin made 3EC female, it would be real shock for a Bran&co.

Why would it be a shock?

Then I made the prediction that Daenerys would conquer Westeros in ADWD

Don't feel too bad. A long time ago, GRRM made a very similar prediction.

Another dumb prediction of mine: I had noticed the first three books seemed to improve in quality. So I confidently expected that would be true of aFfC as well.

I predicted to myself while reading ACoK that after Renly died, that Robb and Margaery would somehow meet, get married and form an alliance against the Lannisters. Then Stark and Tyrell forces would sack Kings Landing, kill Joffrey and rescue Sansa. Boy wasn't I wrong, that would have made it too easy, and there would have been no Red Wedding.

I totally thought "there's no way that Renly would fight his brother..." and "Robb doesn't want the South so why not just take back the North and Riverlands and let the Baratheons (Stannis) have the south..."

Yeah. Stannis King in the South, Robb King in the North and the next five books would focus on Dany's invasion in the south and the Others in the North. Boy was that off.

That Ned would get out of KL alive.

I thought that Ned would suddenly reveal that he was able to free his hands and knock out the guards just as they were about put his head on the block and hurl a hidden shurken into Ilyn Payne's eye, then grab Ice and fight his way to Cersei and get out of King's Landing with hostages like a boss.

Archived