Robert should have been at the ToJ

Cordelia Baratheon

We know he didn't care enough about Stannis to lift the seige at Storms End but he seems to have forgotten all about Lyanna too. Surely he should have been at the Tower of Joy to save her? He fought the battles, won the throne... then forgot all about the girl he did it all for and left it to her brother to try and rescue her.

you want him to just ride off at the time were his rule is most vulnerable ? an empty throne, a torn land and everyone scraping for the pieces. say what you want about his kingship but at that time without him there for men and lords to rally around him....a coup would've been too easy

you want him to just ride off at the time were his rule is most vulnerable ? an empty throne, a torn land and everyone scraping for the pieces. say what you want about his kingship but at that time without him there for men and lords to rally around him....a coup would've been too easy

I could see Roose taking the opportunity.

I could see Roose taking the opportunity.

Mr. careful whisperer?

Only one with enough balls to go for the throne would´ve been Tywin, but his objective was to make his daughter queen and so that wouldn´t have been much of a problem.

The thing to worry about would´ve been some Targaryen loyalists making a desperate attempt a la battle of Blackwaterbay... but where would that army come from?

Nah,... but still establishing his rule in KL was the wise thing to do.

Safe to say far fewer people on Ned's side would've died had Robert gone, if anyone could stand toe to toe with the Kingsgaurd it was King Bob, but I believe Ned left because Robert was wounded and they hated each other at the time.

Because if you just won a throne and ended a 300-year dynasty mostly by having the bigger stick, you damn well make sure that you actually sit on that thing for a while. Otherwise someone will stab you in the back.

I do think you are too hard on Robert. I don't think that he has forgotten her, and I am sure that he was very bitter about not being able to go with Ned. But he was injured, his rule was still shaky, and Ned had his full trust (especially since it was Ned's sister being "rescued")

I wonder who was in charge of the army whilst Ned went down to Dorne. Robert, Jon Arryn and Co where in KL at the time and Ned took most of his trusted men with him to the ToJ would be quite amusing if it was Roose Bolton.

Ned would have taken the Northern army with him to lift the siege on Storms End, he didn't know they'd surrender without a fight. The Trident, Vale, Westerland and Stormland army would probably camp around KL

Archived