What would you name your dragon or direwolf if you had one?

Jrogo

Dragon: Norbert, because I grew up on Harry Potter and he'd be a pushover, I'm just sure of it.

Direwolf: Cas(tiel), because I love incorporating other fandoms into my Planetos pet names, it seems. Ha. No, but really, Castiel is a character from the show Supernatural and he's very much like a good dog (sorry, Cas). Loyal, comes when he's called, a little scruffy...

I'd name my direwolf Lassie because she would be nothing like the original Lassie, except in that she'd be very loyal. Also because people would expect my "dog" Lassie to be some tiny little yappy thing, and then I could freak them out when I show up with a direwolf the size of a small pony.

Well, I would guess my direwolf would be female, like me, as that's how it went in the books. Therefore, my direwolf would probably be named Athena, goddess of wisdom and war. As a kid, I always had a thing for Greek mythology and Athena in particular. I think it would be a cool name with many meanings, too.

As far as a dragon, hmmmmmmmmm, I can't really put the name I'd use, as well it would be for my married surname and that's too personal. Let's just say it's well known my husband's family do have a bit of a touch of pyromania. They all stare at campfires the same. There's nothing as funny as watching at least three generations with the same look on their faces, in their eyes, and the same tilt of their heads as they gaze into the flames. So, my dragon would get the family name.

Archived