GOODKIND IV

Werthead

If I ever told a girl that my love for her was smooth and seamless...I would burst out laughing. No way could I speak that cheese with a straight face. I would say it in the same manner as Brett Favre "You know I have always loved you Mary" , but I would say "you know my love for you is smooth and seamless". Can you hear that being said in the fashion of Brett's awesome acting skills?

Wow, that was bad.

That’s what Hark but Soft meant when he said that Richard was too pussy-whipped for Khalen’s power to work on him.

I’m trying to wrap my head around this one. Richard figured out how her power works. Zed knew about the loophole but the Mother Confessor didn’t know that True Love could trump their magic! This scenario never happened in the history of the land!

I’m trying to wrap my head around this one. Richard figured out how her power works. Zed knew about the loophole but the Mother Confessor didn’t know that True Love could trump their magic! This scenario never happened in the history of the land!

Duh. Goodkind is not in the business of "world building," so asking for internal consistency and logic for his non-fantasy make-up world just shows how you are too immature and stupid to understand his work. His work involes "plot" and "characterization," and that exchange between Dick and Kahlan are "characterization" of their love. You should get a life if all you can do is to bad-mouth the excellent writing of Goodkind. :P

Of course Richard is pussywhipped. What non-whipped guy would keep travelling the world, fighting off lucky chimes, chickens that are evil manifest, and all sorts of things just for a taste of poontang? I'm sorry, but for most guys, there's a limit - maybe one demon for you, but not constant rescuing from rapes, tortures, abductions, etc. We have to draw the line somewhere.

Of course Richard is pussywhipped. What non-whipped guy would keep travelling the world, fighting off lucky chimes, chickens that are evil manifest, and all sorts of things just for a taste of poontang? I'm sorry, but for most guys, there's a limit - maybe one demon for you, but not constant rescuing from rapes, tortures, abductions, etc. We have to draw the line somewhere.

That's something else, isn't caring about someone other then yourself being a bad objectivist? Isn't one of the central themes of Richard's leadership that he only cares about himself and not his men? Why is it ok for him to traipse all over the world rescuing Kahlan?

You wanna know how HOT Kahlan is? Remember when you were 14, and there was this one girl.. she was a SENIOR. Yeah, THAT HOT. Yeah.. now picture that girl taking a milk bath.

Woowee! Just hand me two swords and I'm ready for a three-pronged attack on a regiment of disciplined yet foolishly supersticious soldiers!

That's something else, isn't caring about someone other then yourself being a bad objectivist? Isn't one of the central themes of Richard's leadership that he only cares about himself and not his men? Why is it ok for him to traipse all over the world rescuing Kahlan?

*sigh* You're obviously mising the point. Richard's love for kahlan is the greatest love in the history of time. But you obviously missed that. His love for her goes before all, it is the very core of his being. Obviously someone like you would miss that since you don't know such a deep and meaningful love like richard and kahlan do. You would rather focus you're energy on your hatred for Goodkind.

*sigh* You're obviously mising the point. Richard's love for kahlan is the greatest love in the history of time. But you obviously missed that. His love for her goes before all, it is the very core of his being. Obviously someone like you would miss that since you don't know such a deep and meaningful love like richard and kahlan do. You would rather focus you're energy on your hatred for Goodkind.

Mods, ban this creature for being evil incarnate!

And why are you praising Kahlan, didn't you try and pluck her eyeballs out or something? Gods, I never understand these Chicken that Are Not Chickens. Always changing their minds.

And why are you praising Kahlan, didn't you try and pluck her eyeballs out or something? Gods, I never understand these Chicken that Are Not Chickens. Always changing their minds.

How could you hope to understand pure, unadulterated evil?

Edit: Except that of the Italian variety, of course. ;)

You wanna know how HOT Kahlan is? Remember when you were 14, and there was this one girl.. she was a SENIOR. Yeah, THAT HOT. Yeah.. now picture that girl taking a milk bath.

OHhhhhh...like Phoebe Cates when she came out of the pool in Fastimes at Ridgemont High...oh that makes so much more sense now!

Had I had any doubt, the magic would have latched on to that crack and taken me, but I had no doubt. My love for you is smooth and seamless.

...something about this quote isn't right.

Wait, most of what he's saying is not quite right, TG, you need to read more romance novels...(or maybe not)

Quotes from the Wikiquote article:

"When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack!" -

I believe in many parts of the world you call this suicide and stupidity...or both.

"Think of the solution not the problem." -Richard

...isn't that supposed to be "identify the problem, then work out a solution..."

Ahhh...I missed this thread. :D

I believe in many parts of the world you call this suicide and stupidity...or both.

Reminds me of Aragorn's attack on the Morannon in the Lord of the Rings movies:

"All right troops, we're surrounded and hopelessly outnumbered, everyone stretch in a long column and charge in the thickest mass of enemy troops!"

I'm no tactical genius, but that just strikes me as wrong.

Damn Peter Jackson and his love for glorious charges. Its like the elves at Helm's Deep. Why didn't they go IN the gap, rather than waiting on the hill to charge down all prettified?

Yep, thats hot enough to make me get an erection while stark naked in winter, scared shitless, 'cause I'm about to launch a suicidal attack on the best Roman-clone army evah.

Yep, thats hot enough to make me get an erection while stark naked in winter, scared shitless, 'cause I'm about to launch a suicidal attack on the best Roman-clone army evah.

We are an army of triceratopses. Take my Shakespearean sword up your Shakespearean sheath, you Roman-clone bastards!!

I think the best thing about the people trying to find rational, deep meanings for scenes like the chicken that is not a chicken, is that I'm certain that when goodkind wrote that scene his thoughts went along the lines of: "Huhuhu.. chicken.. huhuhu"

Sometimes, doing the QotD brings a little bit of vomit to the top of my throat. What am I saying, it always brings a bit of vomit to the top of my throat. Reading about Dick and Kahlies limitless love for one another, however, is enough to make me almost shit my pants.

I was going to try to write an Objectivist response to the latest quote of the day, but I had barely skimmed it when my gag reflex kicked in. I mean, it's the kind of thing a teenage girl with a crush on her math teacher would write. Harlequin romance editors would reject this stuff.

But of course, none of that really matters, because good writing, fully-developed characters, and detailed and original worldbuilding don't matter. Only the ideas about the nobility of the human spirit matter. Goodkind could literally copy every word of The Wheel of Time (well, the little bits he hasn't used already) with added paragraphs of nonsense about killing little girls and eating testicles, and he would still be the greatest fantasy writer ever, because nothing matters but his awesome, utterly original ideas.

Archived