how can westeros only have on hero Jon Snow

raegal_targaryen

KG was there, because King and the princes were protected by other KIngsguards. At the time of ToJ events, they were the only KGs left loyal to Targaryens.

KG was there, because King and the princes were protected by other KIngsguards. At the time of ToJ events, they were the only KGs left loyal to Targaryens.

Who was protecting Aegon?

I don't think he's the ultimate savior. He's an incredibly flawed character that does a whole lot of wrong trying to do right. I think that's what is his appeal, much like Fitz in the Farseer trilogy (bastard, warg, moments of greatness, moments of pure failure, etc...). The reader can sympothize with this type of character and it's natural for one to want this type of character to succeed.

As to the OP, I think in the end that IF Jon does become a savior it will be unrecognized by most of Westeros or he will die doing so (bittersweet) or Jon will fail as the savior, someone else will save his ass, and Jon will get undue credit and live the rest of his days knowing that (again, bittersweet).

I don't think he's the ultimate savior. He's an incredibly flawed character that does a whole lot of wrong trying to do right. I think that's what is his appeal, much like Fitz in the Farseer trilogy (bastard, warg, moments of greatness, moments of pure failure, etc...). The reader can sympothize with this type of character and it's natural for one to want this type of character to succeed.

As to the OP, I think in the end that IF Jon does become a savior it will be unrecognized by most of Westeros or he will die doing so (bittersweet) or Jon will fail as the savior, someone else will save his ass, and Jon will get undue credit and live the rest of his days knowing that (again, bittersweet).

thats actually a bitter sweet ending

Who was protecting Aegon?

Jaime, Barristan, Prince Lewyn and Jonothor Darry were all in King's Landing all the time, even Hightower was there until right before the battle at Trident. They were all guarding the royal family in KL...

Wow, shocked no one said Jon Snow is GRRM's version of Luke Skywalker - raised by uncle, special lineage, journey seems to be following the path of the one true hero,etc...

But seriously....it seems out of character for GRRM to have only one character as the one true hero in this series...I think we will see many characters playing the part of hero and then villian and then something in between. He's written 5000+ pages and yet we are still arguing about who is the hero? (There have been points in my rereads that I have thought Jaime or Davos are really the true heros and that many characters are misdirections - JS, Dany, Stan the Man, Tyrion, Bran, fAegon, etc...)

I want Jon Snow to be the Hero, or at least, the one who unites everyone in the fight for Humanity. But knowing GRRM, if there is anyone who will be the hero, its the one character we will least expect. (Hodor!) :eek:

Wow, shocked no one said Jon Snow is GRRM's version of Luke Skywalker - raised by uncle, special lineage, journey seems to be following the path of the one true hero, etc...

But seriously....it seems out of character for GRRM to have only one character as the one true hero in this series...I think we will see many characters playing the part of hero and then villian and then something in between. He's written 5000+ pages and yet we are still arguing about who is the hero? (There have been points in my rereads that I have thought Jaime or Davos are really the true heros and that many characters are misdirections - JS, Dany, Stan the Man, Tyrion, Bran, fAegon, etc...)

I want Jon Snow to be the Hero, or at least, the one who unites everyone in the fight for Humanity. But knowing GRRM, if there is anyone who will be the hero, its the one character we will least expect. (Hodor!)

Spoken like a true King :D

Jon.... Well lets talk about Jon. Here is a list of things that he is.

1. Lord Snow

2. Jon Targaryen

3. Jon Stark

4. The Three Headed Dragon

5. The Prince That Was Promised

6. The Last Hero

7. Azhor Ahai Reborn

8. King in the North

9. King of Winter

10.King of the Seven Kingdoms

11. The Blue Rose

12. Lord Commander of The Nights Watch

And he knows nothing

Can you imagine his titles?

Jon Targaryen first of his name, formerly known as Jon Snow, Son of Rhaegar Targaryen and fathered by Eddard Stark. King of the Rhoynar, the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Realm and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Azor Ahai, the Prince that was Promised, King in the North, King of Winter, The Blue Rose, and Lord Commander of the Nights Watch who knows nothing.

Can you imagine his titles?

Jon Targaryen first of his name, formerly known as Jon Snow, Son of Rhaegar Targaryen and fathered by Eddard Stark. King of the Rhoynar, the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Realm and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Azor Ahai, the Prince that was Promised, King in the North, King of Winter, The Blue Rose, and Lord Commander of the Nights Watch who knows nothing.

He's catching up with Daenerys...

Jaime, Barristan, Prince Lewyn and Jonothor Darry were all in King's Landing all the time, even Hightower was there until right before the battle at Trident. They were all guarding the royal family in KL...

Yes but Barristan, Prince Lewyn and Jonothor Darry all followed Rhaegar into battle...so in actuality you only have one KG (the greenest and the one very aware that he was serving as much as a hostage as anything else) protecting the entire royal family.

As an aside, had any of those been specifically assigned to protect the other members of the family besides Aerys?

Yes but Barristan, Prince Lewyn and Jonothor Darry all followed Rhaegar into battle...so in actuality you only have one KG (the greenest and the one very aware that he was serving as much as a hostage as anything else) protecting the entire royal family.

As an aside, had any of those been specifically assigned to protect the other members of the family besides Aerys?

Jaime recalls the situation when he and Jonothor was outside the Rhaella's room when Aerys paid her a visit, and he said to him that they sworn to protect her(Rhaella) too. So, all members of the royal family are protected, but King has highest authority. Rhaegar did order three KGs to stay with Lyanna, but after his death, and deaths of Aerys and Aegon, when supposed King was Viserys, why they were protecting Prince's mistress? The only logical answer is that there was someone who trumped Viserys on priority list, and that would only be a King.

Archived