Targaryen love

Nami

Baelor Breakspear would have been a far better king than Daemon Blackfyre. There is more to being a good king, than just looking the part, and being a good warrior.

Well, he had the sword. Only, it wasn't the sword every Targaryen king bore since it became clear that there was at least one who didn't. Baelor I is another one I have my doubts for. It wouldn't match his crown of flowers.

What else? He had the rumours Daeron was not Aegon the Unworthy's son. Only, they were rumours and with Daemon being born out of wedlock, no one could say for sure whether he was a king's son, or a blacksmith's son.

And the most important thing, he was the shittiest Targaryen king's favourite kid. That alone proves he would have been the greatest king Westeros ever saw.

Baelor Breakspear would have been a far better king than Daemon Blackfyre. There is more to being a good king, than just looking the part, and being a good warrior.

To be fair, his actions during the rebellion that he was a man of strong honor (defending the wounded Corbray, despite him being his enemy). Moreover, with his leading one of the most successful rebellions against the Iron Throne would show that he was at least a decent to good leader.

To be fair, his actions during the rebellion that he was a man of strong honor (defending the wounded Corbray, despite him being his enemy). Moreover, with his leading one of the most successful rebellions against the Iron Throne would show that he was at least a decent to good leader.

True. There is no beating Baelor Breakspear in the honor department though, imo. And Baelor had excellent leadership skills as well, he served as his fathers Hand. I used to actually like the Blackfyres, but reading Dunk & Egg made me biased for the red dragons.

True. There is no beating Baelor Breakspear in the honor department though, imo. And Baelor had excellent leadership skills as well, he served as his fathers Hand. I used to actually like the Blackfyres, but reading Dunk & Egg made me biased for the red dragons.

I treat them as general equals as the original Blackfyres(actually all of the great bastard do) seem all like pretty cool characters with their own complex personalities that neither would have been too terrible.

Honestly, the fact that Aegon might be a Blackfyre is actually one of the reasons that makes me support him being king in the end (though I doubt that will happen).

He started the war that had Corbrey wounded. Not exactly a man of honour. More, a man of personal honourable acts when inspired. Without him starting the rebellion on those shaky grounds of his - no honour in that, - there would have been no need for Corbrey to be defended.

He was not a good leader. He was inspirational but as to leadership, he was good at being led by others (Bittersteel and Fireball).

Nowhere near Baelor's league in the department of honour. Baelor didn't make Dunk hit Aerion and he didn't thump his mighty chest afterwards, pretending to be honourable just because he saved him from the consequences of something that he, Baelor, helped starting.

Archived