Is there any doubt about {F}aegon?

Jslay427

While I find it highly likely that he is a fake, I find the Blackfyre link more tenuous. To me he is most likely to be the son of a nameless whore from Lys, bought by Illyrio at some point. Actually, she has a name, Illyrio mentioned it. He kept her hands in a jar or something. I just can't recall what the name was.

While I find it highly likely that he is a fake, I find the Blackfyre link more tenuous. To me he is most likely to be the son of a nameless whore from Lys, bought by Illyrio at some point. Actually, she has a name, Illyrio mentioned it. He kept her hands in a jar or something. I just can't recall what the name was.

You do know that that is an essential part of both the Classic Blackfyre and the Brightflame/Blackfyre theory right?

In the Classic Blackfyre theory, Serra is the sister of Varys and both of them are Blackfyre decendants from the female line (given the clues Blackfyre heritage seems very likely). Varys, the eunuch scion, made a deal with Illyrio to take revenge on the Targs who stole his ancestors throne (and were thus responisble for his shitty life). Serra then married Illyrio and he fathered Faegon on her.

In the Brightflame/Blackfyre theory, Serra is still the sister of Varys, but this time they are Brightflame decendants. In this theory Varys, the scion of his "House" set out to take revenge on the Targaryens who stole the birthright of his ancestor and thus were responsible for the shitty life he and his sister had to live. He eventually tracks Illyrio down, who decended from the Blackfyre's in the female line, and made an alliance with him to bring the Targs down. This alliance was eventually cemented with a marriage between Illyrio and Varys sister Serra, thus uniting both House Blackfyre and "House Brightflame' and their respective claims and culminating in the birth of their son Faegon.

I firmly believe that YG is not Rhaegar's son and is actually a Blackfyre. IMO, there is more than enough textual evidence to suggest that YG is not who he says he is; Dany's HoTU vision, Moqorro's vision, Quaithe's warning, Elder Brother's story, GC suddenly breaking a contract, Illyrio's "writ in blood" comment concerning the GC and Varys paying off the tanner with arbor gold.

Moqorro's vision refers to dragons "bright and dark" which might refer to Jon (dark) and Dany's (bright) physical features. True, there is the "true and false" part as well, but if we've learned one thing from the books, it is not to put too much faith in the Red Priests' visions.

Quaithe's warning refers to a "mummer's dragon", which, as stated by another poster in this thread, might simply mean "a puppet". Or it might just connect him to Varys.

GC suddenly breaking contract has no bearing whatsoever to Aegon's identity. In Griff's chapter when he meets the Leadership of the GC, they explicitly state that they were first supposed to join Viserys and his dothraki horde, but then the plan changed to Daenerys and so forth.

As far as the arbor gold goes - IMO, that's a very improbable theory, to put it mildly.

The "writ in blood" comment is definitely suspect though, as well as the rusty dragon.

And which part of the HotU visions do you refer to?

My belief is that Aegon is the real deal, but it won't really matter. GRRM hinted that mulptiple people will sit on the IT before the end and since Aegon's position is one of the strongest currently, I think it is very possible that he will be the next one to do that. However, I don't see him living long enough to enjoy it. I think that he will claim the throne and die shortly after that.

As far as i am concerned that kid is who he says he is (son of rhaegar and elia). I do think there is a possibility of him being fake, but it shall never be revealed thats why this topic will always be popular. The "evidence" of him being fake are simply theories and speculations and can only be evidence if his legitmacy is revealed. Still i do like some of them actually.

The most solid proof is that if he was real it would make the central mystery of the series - which Martin has taken great pains to reveal bit by bit over all 5 books - utterly irrelevant.

Aegon therefore cannot be legitimate.

That is only if ou're naive enough to believe aSoIaF is the story of the One True and Rightful King being revealed and reclaiming his throne.

Ned is far more interesting if Jon is in fact, his bastard. For people who like to ship Dany and Jon, Jon is like Quentyn... nothing to set your heart ablaze. Kit Harrington may be, but, not Jon in the books. Long faced and solemn, like Ned. Brandon was the handsome one, Ned is plain, as is Jon. Robb got the Tully looks.

So, I say this because I like if Aegon is real. It will be amusing.

Moqorro's vision refers to dragons "bright and dark" which might refer to Jon (dark) and Dany's (bright) physical features. True, there is the "true and false" part as well, but if we've learned one thing from the books, it is not to put too much faith in the Red Priests' visions.

That's one interpretation. It does not exclude Aegon being a Blackfyre though and from what I've seen thus far, Moquorro's interpretation of his vision's appear to be more accurate than Mel's.

Quaithe's warning refers to a "mummer's dragon", which, as stated by another poster in this thread, might simply mean "a puppet". Or it might just connect him to Varys.

Again, that's just another interpretation and in no way excludes Aegon from being a Blackfyre.

GC suddenly breaking contract has no bearing whatsoever to Aegon's identity.1 In Griff's chapter when he meets the Leadership of the GC, they explicitly state that they were first supposed to join Viserys and his dothraki horde, but then the plan changed to Daenerys and so forth.2

As far as the arbor gold goes - IMO, that's a very improbable theory, to put it mildly.3

1. I beg to differ. It's my opinion that the GC did not break their contract for a Targaryen.

2. We have no idea how the plan with Viserys was supposed to play out. Wanting to forge an alliance with Dany simply makes sense as it would mean getting dragons on your side and in no way means the GC supports Dany over Aegon. It's my opinion that getting Aegon on the throne was always the priority.

3. The arbor gold theory is not, imo, baseless and is supported by the text. It is mentioned 20 times in the text and on each occasion points towards lies/duplicity.

The "writ in blood" comment is definitely suspect though, as well as the rusty dragon.

And which part of the HotU visions do you refer to?

The vision were she see's a cloth dragon on a pole amidst a cheering crowd.

Archived