[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping in mind these two assumptions:

1) YarAsha arrives back in the Iron Islands at the end of S4, and

2) Brienne is hanged by Catelyn at the end of S4.

my current predictions for the climaxes at the end of season 5:

Bran - no real climax. I don't think he is going to have much of an arc in S5

Wildlings (if they are shown) - Tormund agreeing to ride to the Wall with his forces and treat with Jon, after most of the Wildlings have been gone to Hardhome with Mother Mole. (my theory for it: Alliser takes Bowen Marsh's role. Janos and Locke are the pair that schemes against Jon. After Janos is beheaded, Jon sends Locke on what is essentially a suicide mission to treat with Tormund, effectively removing the need to cast Val at the same time)

Jon - Alys' wedding in episode 9, Locke returning with news of Tormund and 'a situation' (Hardhome) that Jon will want to hear about. I think Jon will be stabbed mid-S6

Davos - Landing in Skagos in the finale

Stannis - becoming stuck at the village after capturing YarAsha in episode 8

Theon - taking his dive with Jeyne in the finale

Victarion - being sent on his mission by Euron in the finale

Samwell - leaving Braavos after confronting the deserter (who I think will be Pyp) in episode nine

Arya - killing the deserter and returning to the House of Black and White in the finale

Sansa - descending from the Eyrie in the finale

Jaime - burning Cersei's letter and meeting Brienne in the finale after taking Riverrun in episode 9

Cersei - imprisoned in episode 9

Dorne - Balon Swann arriving with Gregor's head in the finale (the "Vengeance" speech being in episode 7)

Tyrion - boarding a ship in Volantis as Jorah's captive in the finale

Aegon - the Golden Company swearing to put him on the throne in the finale

Meereen - the fighting pits in episode 9

Season 5 ending points:

-KL: Walk of Shame (based on Lena Headey's interview), Vary's reveal, Winter has come. Cersei can be arrested in episode 9 and have the Walk in the very next episode.

-East: Battle of Meereen. Tyrion's journey has to end with something significant, otherwise it's just an empty journey. The fighting pits can happen around episode 7, since a lot of Dany's ADWD will happen in season 4.

-North: Jon's stabbed. Theon escapes Winterfell and reaches Stannis.

Those three are the main ending points; the rest are minor arcs in the books which don't translate well on TV, so they won't rely on them to carry out the season.

And I don't think we know how far into Winds of Winter the battle of Meereen will be placed. Does Dani have a chapter or two with the Dothraki and then comes back in time for the battle? Or does it happen without her? My prediction is it happens in Season 6.

I completely disagree with your ending points, so I will comment on them a bit :

commentaries in bold

Keeping in mind these two assumptions:

1) YarAsha arrives back in the Iron Islands at the end of S4, and

I doubt it very much. Featuring her mission to rescue Theon doesn't have any logic if she'll end up going back to the Islands only to leave again shortly after

2) Brienne is hanged by Catelyn at the end of S4.

Agreed. I think this is pretty much clear by now (Brienne leaves KL in episode 4 this season; even if she skips a couple of episodes after that, 4 episodes of her journey are enough)

my current predictions for the climaxes at the end of season 5:

Bran - no real climax. I don't think he is going to have much of an arc in S5

Either he has an arc, or he hasn't. No character will appear in a few random scenes throught the season. I think they will create an arc between Bran and the Reeds,and will, of course, be about his training, visions ... It will have to inlcude WOW material.

Wildlings (if they are shown) - Tormund agreeing to ride to the Wall with his forces and treat with Jon, after most of the Wildlings have been gone to Hardhome with Mother Mole. (my theory for it: Alliser takes Bowen Marsh's role. Janos and Locke are the pair that schemes against Jon. After Janos is beheaded, Jon sends Locke on what is essentially a suicide mission to treat with Tormund, effectively removing the need to cast Val at the same time)

And where are the White Walkers? Where is the tension? This would be yet another season dealing with wildilings without any real progression. The schemes of the NW aren't as interesting as the schemes of KL, which affect the rest of Westeros and have more interesting characters.

Jon - Alys' wedding in episode 9, Locke returning with news of Tormund and 'a situation' (Hardhome) that Jon will want to hear about. I think Jon will be stabbed mid-S6

"Who the hell is Alys and why should we care about her" is the reaction to that wedding. And a stabbing in the middle of the season doesn't seem like a good idea.

Davos - Landing in Skagos in the finale

Maybe, but that doesn't seem like a great season, does it?

Stannis - becoming stuck at the village after capturing YarAsha in episode 8

I think Yara will be captured in season 4.

Theon - taking his dive with Jeyne in the finale

At the very least. He could also reach Stannis and Yara in the finale.

Victarion - being sent on his mission by Euron in the finale

The Greyjoys will be merged, I assume, and since there will be no kingsmoot, the only important Greyjoy will be presented when he arrives to Meereen (or maybe he will capture Tyrion and Jorah earlier)

Samwell - leaving Braavos after confronting the deserter (who I think will be Pyp) in episode nine

Reaching Oldtown would be much better. A journey needs an ending.

Arya - killing the deserter and returning to the House of Black and White in the finale

That's not enough for an entire season.

Sansa - descending from the Eyrie in the finale

I guess there's no other option here. Again, bland season. Who the hell are they going to say "this is the best season yet"?

Jaime - burning Cersei's letter and meeting Brienne in the finale after taking Riverrun in episode 9

Yes, I guess.

Cersei - imprisoned in episode 9

And walk of shame in episode 10.

Dorne - Balon Swann arriving with Gregor's head in the finale (the "Vengeance" speech being in episode 7)

If Dorne is important, make it important during the season.

Tyrion - boarding a ship in Volantis as Jorah's captive in the finale

Absolutely not. Tyrion is a leading character and his journey has to end in Meereen. And Jorah needs more screentime.

Aegon - the Golden Company swearing to put him on the throne in the finale

Again, if he's important, make him important during the season. Not make a promise at the end of a boring season.

Meereen - the fighting pits in episode 9

I don't think there's enough material for 8 episode before that. Episode 7 would work better.

There is really no way that significant AFFC/ADWD material is going to be left to linger deep into Season 6. That's just not happening, either in a 7 or 8 season scenario. In a 9 season scenario, maybe, but that's probably not going to happen either.

Season 4 End-Points:

Arya: getting on the boat for Braavos. She could go earlier (10 episodes seems a long time to be wandering Westeros with the Hound, something that is less than 3 chapters of the book), but it is something they can expand on.

Bran: merging with the tree

Daenerys: possibly her decision to marry Hizdahr. If Meereen falls in Episode 3 and the bones of the child scene is not long after, that seems to leave her with nothing to do for most of this season. However, without Tyrion being on his way it seems too soon to end on Drogon 'rescuing' her.

Davos/Stannis: I can see Davos going with Stannis to the Wall and getting his mission later on in Season 5. Either way, Stannis of course ends at the Wall and Jon's election, just with him having gained the Iron Bank's backing prior to this point, not afterwards as in the book.

Jon/Samwell: The Battle for the Wall, Jon's election.

Sansa: going to the Vale, meeting the Vale lords. It is unclear if this is at Lysa and Petyr's wedding, or whether we will get significant AFFC material from her story this season. Sansa's been a fairly low-key presence in the TV show, but it seems a bit harsh to have her effectively vanishing for 6-8 episodes of the season.

Theon: very difficult. We know the liberation of Moat Cailin is in, but not what happens after. Again, it seems too early for him to be going to Barrowton and Winterfell when Stannis is still not at the Wall yet. Possibly a filler storyline?

Tyrion: where ASoS ends and him fleeing King's Landing. Everything else in KL happens as in the books.

Yara: Yara will either fail to take Theon and fall back on Deepwood Motte, or will end up getting caught up in Stannis's fleet as it heads north and ends up accompanying him to the Wall and the Battle there.

Season 5 End-Points:

Arya: getting her sight back and swearing to the Faceless Men.

Bran: totally unknown, his story will be completely out of synch with the books by this point.

Cersei: her whole AFFC/ADWD storyline, ending in the Walk of Shame, the emergence of Ser Robert Strong and possibly Kevan's and Pycelle's deaths (assuming Kevan returns to the TV series).

Daenerys: either where ADWD ends, or further into The Winds of Winter were her seizing Jhaqo's khalasar (or whatever is supposed to happen at this point).

Davos: sent to save Rickon as in the books. I think it's even whether this will involve going to Skagos or just finding Rickon and Osha in hiding in White Harbour. This might also much more easily faciliate the much-needed casting of BRIAN BLESSED as Lord Wyman Manderly.

Ellaria/Dorne: Ellaria becomes our bridging character to Dorne, arriving there in early S5 and introducing us to Doran, the Sand Snakes, Arianne and so on, reintroducing Myrcella as well. Dorne's storyline then unfolds as in the book, but perhaps with no Darkstar and de-emphasising Dorne's internal strife.

Griff/Aegon: At one extreme, completely chucking the whole thing out. With the lack of foreshadowing from the novels (via the House of the Undying), this will really come out of nowhere for TV viewers and adds complications and problems that the TV show could do without. Similar characters could exist to faciliate Tyrion's storyline, but perhaps just recruits for the Golden Company and they join forces with Dany as planned, giving her a fleet to get back to Westeros (this negates the need for Victarion and his forces as well). However, that's a pretty huge change. I suspect it's more likely we'll get the ADWD storyline, just in a more concise fashion.

Jon: getting stabbified.

Samwell: either arriving at Oldtown or going further into his studies at the Citadel.

Sansa: either her whole AFFC storyline, meaning this will be a Sansa-light season, or more TWoW material will be brought in.

Theon: most of his ADWD storyline, maybe getting closer to the Battle of Winterfell but not right into it (HBO can't afford to show both battles, so likely Winterfell will be held back until Season 6 Episode 2 or 3, giving them an early-season punch like Season 4 will have).

Tyrion: S5 may be Tyrion-heavy and we'll get Tyrion's entire ADWD storyline and more TWoW material in. I believe that the Battle of Meereen should be the Episode 9 moment, giving us a Dany-and-Tyrion heavy season ending on major moments for both of them, which HBO will likely approve of given how popular they are.

Yara: Two possibilities: she ends up at DM and meets Stannis there, as in the books, or she's already been caught up in his story in the previous season and is taken along by him. I consider the likelihood of the Kingsmoot being shown to be fairly low now, and getting lower: too many new characters, too expensive (large, outdoor filming set-piece), too disconnected to what's going on. The Kingsmoot could still happen, just off-screen, and we meet Victarion and Euron in the Shield Island attack later on. At an extreme likelihood, Euron/Victarion don't appear at all and the ironborn fall into off-screen civil war until the end of the series with Yara only being useful in finding and identifying Theon for Stannis.

Season 4 Endings -

Bran: Bran and the gang fighting their way to the mouth of the cave. End just before we see the first CotF; a complete cliffhanger.

Dany: The reveal that Drogon ate a child. This should diminish the disappointment from Unsullied from her deciding to stay, by showing just how out of control her dragons are and that she isn't ready to invade Westeros.

Breinne and Pod: On the road, just with some talking and character development (there's enough climaxes already without manufacturing one for them).

Yara: Ends up unsuccessful in rescuing Theon, and she receives word of her father's death before deciding to return home. Season 5 will bring us "Saving Theon - Round 2."

Theon: The surrender at Moat Cailin. Then he and Ramsay set off for Winterfell.

Jon: Becoming LC. I know some people are saying there isn't enough time for it in one episode, but remember the season 3 finale was almost 30 minutes longer. If they do a 90 minute finale (and let's face it, what risk is that to HBO at this point?) I think it's certainly doable.

Everyone else: Same as the book.

It's been a while since I've read the maze of storylines that is AFFC/ADWD, so I don't have concrete endings for those, but I'm in favor of them giving that material 1.5 seasons, and showing the two battles in the later half of season 6 (putting the climaxes where they belong? What a revolutionary idea!).

season 4- theon- The ironborn flayed by ramsay at moat catlin after surrendering in episode 8. meeting with roose, discuse farya and the legitimization of ramsay as reek looks on. pretty much the second reek chapter from adwd. yara- returns to iron islands after failing to rescue theon, also receives word of her fathers death and euron,s return to the iron islands.

Season 4 Endings -

Bran: Bran and the gang fighting their way to the mouth of the cave. End just before we see the first CotF; a complete cliffhanger.

All nice and good... except we know that Bloodraven and a girl playing a CotF have already been cast for Season 4.

There is really no way that significant AFFC/ADWD material is going to be left to linger deep into Season 6. That's just not happening, either in a 7 or 8 season scenario. In a 9 season scenario, maybe, but that's probably not going to happen either.

Season 4 End-Points:

Arya: getting on the boat for Braavos. She could go earlier (10 episodes seems a long time to be wandering Westeros with the Hound, something that is less than 3 chapters of the book), but it is something they can expand on.

Bran: merging with the tree

Daenerys: possibly her decision to marry Hizdahr. If Meereen falls in Episode 3 and the bones of the child scene is not long after, that seems to leave her with nothing to do for most of this season. However, without Tyrion being on his way it seems too soon to end on Drogon 'rescuing' her.

Davos/Stannis: I can see Davos going with Stannis to the Wall and getting his mission later on in Season 5. Either way, Stannis of course ends at the Wall and Jon's election, just with him having gained the Iron Bank's backing prior to this point, not afterwards as in the book.

Jon/Samwell: The Battle for the Wall, Jon's election.

Sansa: going to the Vale, meeting the Vale lords. It is unclear if this is at Lysa and Petyr's wedding, or whether we will get significant AFFC material from her story this season. Sansa's been a fairly low-key presence in the TV show, but it seems a bit harsh to have her effectively vanishing for 6-8 episodes of the season.

Theon: very difficult. We know the liberation of Moat Cailin is in, but not what happens after. Again, it seems too early for him to be going to Barrowton and Winterfell when Stannis is still not at the Wall yet. Possibly a filler storyline?

Tyrion: where ASoS ends and him fleeing King's Landing. Everything else in KL happens as in the books.

Yara: Yara will either fail to take Theon and fall back on Deepwood Motte, or will end up getting caught up in Stannis's fleet as it heads north and ends up accompanying him to the Wall and the Battle there.

Season 5 End-Points:

Arya: getting her sight back and swearing to the Faceless Men.

Bran: totally unknown, his story will be completely out of synch with the books by this point.

Cersei: her whole AFFC/ADWD storyline, ending in the Walk of Shame, the emergence of Ser Robert Strong and possibly Kevan's and Pycelle's deaths (assuming Kevan returns to the TV series).

Daenerys: either where ADWD ends, or further into The Winds of Winter were her seizing Jhaqo's khalasar (or whatever is supposed to happen at this point).

Davos: sent to save Rickon as in the books. I think it's even whether this will involve going to Skagos or just finding Rickon and Osha in hiding in White Harbour. This might also much more easily faciliate the much-needed casting of BRIAN BLESSED as Lord Wyman Manderly.

Ellaria/Dorne: Ellaria becomes our bridging character to Dorne, arriving there in early S5 and introducing us to Doran, the Sand Snakes, Arianne and so on, reintroducing Myrcella as well. Dorne's storyline then unfolds as in the book, but perhaps with no Darkstar and de-emphasising Dorne's internal strife.

Griff/Aegon: At one extreme, completely chucking the whole thing out. With the lack of foreshadowing from the novels (via the House of the Undying), this will really come out of nowhere for TV viewers and adds complications and problems that the TV show could do without. Similar characters could exist to faciliate Tyrion's storyline, but perhaps just recruits for the Golden Company and they join forces with Dany as planned, giving her a fleet to get back to Westeros (this negates the need for Victarion and his forces as well). However, that's a pretty huge change. I suspect it's more likely we'll get the ADWD storyline, just in a more concise fashion.

Jon: getting stabbified.

Samwell: either arriving at Oldtown or going further into his studies at the Citadel.

Sansa: either her whole AFFC storyline, meaning this will be a Sansa-light season, or more TWoW material will be brought in.

Theon: most of his ADWD storyline, maybe getting closer to the Battle of Winterfell but not right into it (HBO can't afford to show both battles, so likely Winterfell will be held back until Season 6 Episode 2 or 3, giving them an early-season punch like Season 4 will have).

Tyrion: S5 may be Tyrion-heavy and we'll get Tyrion's entire ADWD storyline and more TWoW material in. I believe that the Battle of Meereen should be the Episode 9 moment, giving us a Dany-and-Tyrion heavy season ending on major moments for both of them, which HBO will likely approve of given how popular they are.

Yara: Two possibilities: she ends up at DM and meets Stannis there, as in the books, or she's already been caught up in his story in the previous season and is taken along by him. I consider the likelihood of the Kingsmoot being shown to be fairly low now, and getting lower: too many new characters, too expensive (large, outdoor filming set-piece), too disconnected to what's going on. The Kingsmoot could still happen, just off-screen, and we meet Victarion and Euron in the Shield Island attack later on. At an extreme likelihood, Euron/Victarion don't appear at all and the ironborn fall into off-screen civil war until the end of the series with Yara only being useful in finding and identifying Theon for Stannis.

I agree with almost all of this, there are just a couple things I would change:

1) I believe the fAegon/JonCon storyline cannot be completely cut. It has too huge an influence on the story; what with the promised Second Dance of the Dragons, his potential alliances with Dorne/Daenerys, and the ongoing debate about his legitimacy, his plot has implications way beyond Tyrion's ADWD arc. The problem of no foreshadowing can be handled next season as Oberyn's clamor for revenge will no doubt lead to some exposition about the KL sack and the murders of the Targaryen children: maybe there can be an offhand comment about how Aegon was so bloodied he was "unrecognizable" when Tywin brought him before the King. It's not much, but it's good enough under the circumstances, and at least the Unsullied will know who he is when he's introduced.

2) We won't know for sure until TWOW comes out, but it's my opinion that Daznak's Pit will be just as expensive, if not more, than the Battle of Ice. While in terms of pacing and and good storytelling it obviously makes more sense for the Battle of Meereen to take place in season 5, as a natural conclusion to the plodding Meereenese Knot, I think having the Battle of Meereen and Daznak's Pit both take place in season 5 is just as problematic as having both TWOW battles in one season.

3) In your predictions for Sansa in season 4, you seem to have left out the Moon Door. Did I misread this or not, because I think that, as the conclusion to the first third of the entire series, it definitely needs to happen in the finale of season 4, maybe even in the last scene.

4) I know many people think they will hold off on Jorah's banishment until season 5, but I think it would make a great closure to Dany's arc next season. Plus, in this video, at 6:14, Jorah seems to be approaching her from the position of an underling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ&t=6m14s

Otherwise, though, great post.

Agreed, great post, Werthead. That's the scenario I'd like to see happen on screen, though I'm not sure if the show will manage to pack all this stuff in just 10 episodes. For all the things that can be cut or condensed, there's still A LOT of ground to cover in only a single season. Will be interesting to see how they pull it off.

Season 5 End-Points:

Arya: getting her sight back and swearing to the Faceless Men. agree

Bran: totally unknown, his story will be completely out of synch with the books by this point. probably just expanding on his material with bloodraven and starting his wow stoyline.

Cersei: her whole AFFC/ADWD storyline, ending in the Walk of Shame, the emergence of Ser Robert Strong and possibly Kevan's and Pycelle's deaths (assuming Kevan returns to the TV series). agree

Daenerys: either where ADWD ends, or further into The Winds of Winter were her seizing Jhaqo's khalasar (or whatever is supposed to happen at this point). End of adwd.

Davos: sent to save Rickon as in the books. I think it's even whether this will involve going to Skagos or just finding Rickon and Osha in hiding in White Harbour. This might also much more easily faciliate the much-needed casting of BRIAN BLESSED as Lord Wyman Manderly. agree

Ellaria/Dorne: Ellaria becomes our bridging character to Dorne, arriving there in early S5 and introducing us to Doran, the Sand Snakes, Arianne and so on, reintroducing Myrcella as well. Dorne's storyline then unfolds as in the book, but perhaps with no Darkstar and de-emphasising Dorne's internal strife. agree

Griff/Aegon: At one extreme, completely chucking the whole thing out. With the lack of foreshadowing from the novels (via the House of the Undying), this will really come out of nowhere for TV viewers and adds complications and problems that the TV show could do without. Similar characters could exist to faciliate Tyrion's storyline, but perhaps just recruits for the Golden Company and they join forces with Dany as planned, giving her a fleet to get back to Westeros (this negates the need for Victarion and his forces as well). However, that's a pretty huge change. I suspect it's more likely we'll get the ADWD storyline, just in a more concise fashion. ends with them landing in westerous and aegon declaring he will lead the siege of storms end.

Jon: getting stabbified. agree

Samwell: either arriving at Oldtown or going further into his studies at the Citadel. agree

Sansa: either her whole AFFC storyline, meaning this will be a Sansa-light season, or more TWoW material will be brought in. Agree

Theon: most of his ADWD storyline, maybe getting closer to the Battle of Winterfell but not right into it (HBO can't afford to show both battles, so likely Winterfell will be held back until Season 6 Episode 2 or 3, giving them an early-season punch like Season 4 will have). Ends with him and farya arriving at stannis camp and being reutited with yara.

Tyrion: S5 may be Tyrion-heavy and we'll get Tyrion's entire ADWD storyline and more TWoW material in. I believe that the Battle of Meereen should be the Episode 9 moment, giving us a Dany-and-Tyrion heavy season ending on major moments for both of them, which HBO will likely approve of given how popular they are. I don't think either major battle will be in season 5, ends with him jorah joining the second sons.

Yara: Two possibilities: she ends up at DM and meets Stannis there, as in the books, or she's already been caught up in his story in the previous season and is taken along by him. I consider the likelihood of the Kingsmoot being shown to be fairly low now, and getting lower: too many new characters, too expensive (large, outdoor filming set-piece), too disconnected to what's going on. The Kingsmoot could still happen, just off-screen, and we meet Victarion and Euron in the Shield Island attack later on. At an extreme likelihood, Euron/Victarion don't appear at all and the ironborn fall into off-screen civil war until the end of the series with Yara only being useful in finding and identifying Theon for Stannis. I think yara will return to the iron islands at the end of season 4, where she will take part in the kingsmoot, Euron will dispatch vic to court danny, while she will return to deepwood motte. she will be captured by stannis .

It really depends on how important Aegon will be going forward. If he's going to be a major player through the last two books I can see him getting an expansion, especially if I'm right and he's a Stark bastard.

Season 4 Ending Points

• Daenerys - Banishing Jorah and staying to rule in Meereen (the farmer's daughter will be the cliffhanger of E08)
  • Jon - Elected to Lord Commander of the Night's Watch
  • Tyrion - Killing Shae and Tywin
  • Cersei - No real ending point, I think her role in the finale is pretty small. So just... Sleeping while her father is killed, I guess
  • Arya - Bording a ship taking her to Braavos
  • Jaime - Letting Tyrion out of the cell, leaving him with Lord Varys
  • Sansa - Only Cat
  • Theon - Meeting up with Roose along with Ramsay, seeing Fake Arya and realizing that it is not her
  • Stannis - Offering Winterfell to Jon
  • Davos - I think there's to possibilites on this one. Either he follows Stannis to the Wall, or he goes straight to White Harbor and does not appear in the finale. I think this would work better, in order to get Lord Manderly to Winterfell as soon as possible.
  • Yara - Returning home to The Iron Islands
  • Bran - Meeting Bloodraven for the first time

Season 5 Ending Points

• Daenerys - I think we'll see the fighting pits in E09, with E10 ending with Daenerys collapsing in the wastelands after getting left behind by Drogon.
  • Jon - Doing business with Tycho Nestoris, before Alys Karstark arrives, warning them about the Karstarks' betrayal.
  • Tyrion - Either we'll see Tyrion's whole journey all the way to the fighting pits, which would require some stuff getting cut, or the season ends with Jorah capturing him. I think it's possible to have Tyrion's whole journey, but only if he appears in every episode.
  • Cersei - Getting captured by the faith in E09, and sending her letter to Jaime in E10.
  • Arya - Killing Pyp (who I think will take Dareon's place) in E09, with her arc of the season ending with her waking up blind.
  • Jaime - Burning Cersei's letter before meeting Brienne.
  • Sansa - Descending the Eyrie, ending with her talk with Littlefinger at the Gates of the Moon.
  • Theon, Ramsay and Roose - Ramsay and Jeyne's wedding would be somewhere around episode 7 or 8, and having Mance appear in Winterfell in E10 seems like a fair way to end their story for the season.
  • Stannis and Yara - Forced to make camp in the village because of the snow storm.
  • Sam - Leaving Braavos and the death of Maester Aemon.
  • Davos - Leaving for Skagos
  • Bran - Jojen Paste. I think Bran will only be in like 4 or 5 episodes in S05.
  • Dorne - I believe Balon Swann will be cut, so the season would end with Doran sending the Sand Snakes with Myrcella to King's Landing. Arianne leaving on her quest to find Aegon would happen very early S06.
  • Victarion - Sailing towards Meereen. Also, I think merging Euron and Victarion would be ridiculous, as they both most likely are gonna have very big - separate - roles to play in the future.
  • Aegon - Hiring the Golden Company and starting their journey towards Westeros.

Some thoughts about Season 6:

• I don't think Jon's stabbing would be necessary as a season ending cliffhanger. People wouldn't really think he's dead anyway, as Kit Harington would still be a series regular the following season. Instead, I suggest the stabbing happens somewhere mid-S06, and having him wake up again in the season finale (if the source material allows it)
  • Maybe not a popular theory, but I think both the battles will be in season 6 - and non of them in E09. The battle of ice would happen pretty early, ending with a cliffhanger with the viewers not knowing if Stannis is alive or managed to take the castle, the next episode Jon would receive the pink letter and get stabbed, and in the episode following that one we'd learn who won the battle of ice. Meanwhile, the battle of Meereen is a little hard to predict as we don't know how long Daenerys will be hanging with the Dothrakis, but I could see it happening maybe mid-season. Meanwhile, Barristan's coup and Quentyns attempt to steal a dragon could be maybe E04.
  • Speaking of E04, I think that would be a good time for Kevan's murder, with Cersei's walk of atonement the episode before.
  • Tyrion, Jaime, Brienne, Davos, Sansa and Bran could start their TWOW material right of the bat in season 6, while Cersei, Arya, Sam, Theon, Stannis and Yara, Aegon, Victarion, Barristan and Dorne will finish their AFFC/ADWD material early in S06 (Like E04 as the latest). Only Jon's arc would run a little longer, to around the halfpoint of the season.

Based on what I saw someone else post, I would like to present my predictions for a few characters at the end of Season 4:

YarAsha: Takes the Dreadfort with her Ironborn, to be attacked by Stannis there in Season 5.

Ramsay/Roose/Theon: arrival at winterfell, but move some Barrowton scenes to Season 5 at Winterfell.

My thoughts on season ending points:

S4:

• KL: Tywin's death and Tyrion's escape.
  • The Wall: Jon's election.
  • Meereen: Jorah's banishment. Dany's decision to stay in Meereen will likely be mid-season.
  • Beyond the Wall: Bran meeting Bloodraven and the Cotf.
  • Theon: The Bolton's claiming Winterfell, possibly coming up with the Farya plan. Asha will have been caught by Stannis and will now be at the Wall.
  • Arya: Getting on the ship to Braavos.
  • Sansa: Only Cat (though I'd prefer this was episode 8 and Sansa was left out of the last two episodes).
  • Brienne: Uncat reveal

S5: I think season five will include virtually all of AFFC/ADWD with the beginnings of TWOW, that were supposed to take place in ADWD anyway capping off the season.

• KL: The Walk of Shame and Pycelle's death (who I believe will take an altered version of Kevan's role).
  • The Wall: Jon being stabbed.
  • Meereen: Battle of Fire in episode 9. Daznak's pit could well be episode 5 or 6 and though it's hard to say without having read it, I'm inclined to think that they could cut out Dany's first TWOW chapters and have her reappearing at the end of the season at the head of a Dothraki Horde (assuming that's what happens.). Hopefully the episode 10 would be Dany's posse heading to Westeros.
  • Beyond the Wall: Bran having visions.
  • Theon: Escape from Winterfell.
  • Davos: Will probably include his quest for Rickon in this season as well.
  • Arya: Being sent to Izembaro
  • Sansa: End of AFFC material
  • Sam: Arriving at Oldtown. Depending on when Marwyn is getting to Dany and how important she'll be this may need to be shifted back with some of Sam's time at Oldtown being shown late season.
  • Jaime: Meeting up with Brienne (who will be missing from the rest of the season).
  • Iron Islands: The location itself will probably be left behind early/mid-season with the story arc tying in with Meereen.
  • Dorne: Hard to say. The reveal that the Dornish are supporting the Targs would be dramatic but as Quentyn will likely be introduced in the early episodes that can't happen too easily. I think Arianne being sent to see Aegon would work.
  • Aegon: I'm inclined to think that they'll have the taking of Storm's End squeezed in here.

Archived