will coldhands make an appearance in the tv series

jordanmp16

It would be kind of silly for him to not be in, so I'm still holding out hope. I mean it seems like his identity will have some significance in the series' endgame and at the very least it would be a bad move for them to strip anything out of Bran's already sparse material. The mystery of who CH is could fill out an episode or 2 for sure. Getting rescued from Wights would also provide some good, early season drama.

I don't think his identity has any importance, but I agre on the rest of your post, Bran already have to little material left, why took coldhands away? CH saving Bran from wights and NW deserters will not only provide good drama, but some action as well. And one guy with a NW cloack won't be too expensive to claim it was cut for monetary reasons

I think fans like CH because of the mystery of his identity, and because a lot of them still believe that he is Benjen. The show cannot hide his identity. Take that out and he isn't such an interesting character anymore. It would be cool to have him, but not really important.

And not every single character can have a pivotal role in the endgame of the series!

I think it will depend a lot on whether CH plays any part in the last two books and what his identity is.

1) CH = Benjen + plays a non-generic part later: yes, he will be there.

2) CH = Benjen, but will not show up / play a non-generic part later: probably not

3) CH = anybody else + plays a non-generic part later: probably not.

4) CH = anybody else and will not show up / play a non-generic part later: definitely not.

Right now, Benjen is the only character who CH could be that viewers have any interest in. If CH is not Benjen, then the only reason to put him in would be him playing a non-generic part later, i. e. a part that cannot be played by anybody else and that cannot be skipped at all. His appearance in the books for example does not qualify as this: Bran and Jojen are both seers who can, theoretically, find their way just fine without him and Bloodraven has an army of ravens to send to them, so while CH was a really great character to have in the books, he would be little more than another fish in the vast character pond of GoT right now.

Easy, hiding it in the closing credits is a different matter though

But it doesn't matter who is playing CH is regards to his identity. If for example he is in fact Benjen, they don't need to bring back the same actor. They can bring back a different actor (or use Ian Whyte) and because he's all cloaked up all the time it won't matter.

I think cold hands is cut, sadly. Meera, Ghost, Hodor and Summer should be enough to take care of the wights and NW deserters at Craster's Keep.

That's a good question...what Ghost will be doing in season 4 (asuming he doesn't reunite with Jon before his election)?

That's a good question...what Ghost will be doing in season 4 (asuming he doesn't reunite with Jon before his election)?

Ghost was last seen "near" Craster's Keep but refused to go in there.

My guess is he'll help Bran and company and then Bran will tell him to go back to Jon Snow, to Castle Black.

Ghost seems to "do whatever he wants to do" in the show at least.

I've lost faith in the snow since they cut Strong Belwas out and ruined Tormunds personality... So probably not.

Haha yeah, because Belwas is such an important character and Tormund's handful of scenes are enough to justify his character as being "ruined".

Coldhands will make an appearance, I have no doubt about that. Bran's story needs to be expanded, and Coldhands is a way to keep that story arc intriguing and provide some form of protection for Bran in arguably the most dangerous region in Westeros.

It will be a disappointment if Coldhands does not show up. He gives us a clue that not all wights are evil, and makes Bran's pov interesting. The meat that's anything else than pork gives us a glimpse of cannibalism which I think will be a crucial factor in Bran's arc (and Rickon's too). Or else, Bran will be the most boring personality in the show as he travels in what seems like an endless voyage to Bloodraven's cave.

Archived