who's POV are we missing

Tommen Beetsbane

Hodor. Inside his head I bet there is a whole lot of complex, deep, meaningful thought going on, he just lacks the skills to express them...

Young Griff

The High Septon (Sparrow)

Gendry (the fact it looks like it hurts him to think cracks me up. Maybe it would be like having a younger version of Vic's PoVs)

While LF and Varys would be amazing to read; just from a complexity standpoint, I'm going to leave them off the list, because they would be too revealing. We would learn far to much and not be as shocked when certain twist have or will have occured.

With that I'm going with Stannis, just on comedy alone. Think about it. How often, have busted out laughing at his quick one liners! Can you imagine chapters worth of his wit, when he is thinking about other idiot characters!

Marwyn the Mage (and I'd insist GRRM outfit him with a tiny, funny-sounding trumpet capable of summoning a magical green dog).

A single chapter from the PoV of one of the little birds.

The Deep Fried Rose, Ser Loras Tyrell (think he could make a great tragic character)

Gendry (Generally find that the book needs some more perspectives from lower classes, not party to or understanding of "the game of thrones" of lords and kings.)

How about Chief White Walker Icicle or some Other point of view. I imagine it would either be page after page of arrrrrrrgggghhhhh, rooooaaaaarrrr, or eloquence beyond our imagination with each page reading like the declaration of independence.

Having LF and Varys as POVs would ruin the series.

Definitely have to agree with this one. LF and Varys are two characters whose contribution to the series is completely dependent on their ability to manipulate events behind the scenes. If we get inside their heads you might as well have GRRM tell you how the series ends.

Some other characters whose PsOV I believe ought to be similarly hidden from the readers are Doran Martell and Roose Bolton, since it's my opinion that they could potentially have a lot going on in the way of orchestrated plots.

However I would love to see a lot more of the other Martells, as well as a lot more of the Greyjoys. A regular POV from Victarion would be sweet.

I want Arya to come back to the books in a big way - not just the occasional cryptically titled POV chapter but regular chapters.

I don't want anymore Theon, but I want the POV of whoever eventually kills him. I hope it's Arya, but that's just wishful thinking. :)

I agree, characters like Varys, LF, Roose, Doran are more interesting when seen from other characters POV. Stannis too.

I think Marwyn could be interesting as a POV. And Dolorous Edd or Podrick Payne would be very funny.

We're missing a Tyrell point of view. Margaery is still a bit of a mystery to me, since we see her mostly from Cersei's paranoid POV.

I'm going to go a different route and say POVs that we already have that I think should have been included earlier.

First, I think Jaime should have been a POV from the start. Maybe drop him in CoK given he's imprisoned the entire time. But I'd like to see his actual thoughts in the first book. It would help us better understand how he might have changed from SoS on.

In addition, I think Cersei should have been a POV from SoS on. I'd like to see how she was before everything started hitting the fan concerning Joffrey and Tywin's deaths. What she actually thought about Tyrion and such before she believed he murdered her son and father. Was there ever a kind word she had about him?

Kevan doesn't need a long story arc or anything, but throwing in a couple POVs for him in Feast and Dance might have been nice.

I am still learning on this board!

I feel Vary´s must be a mystery until his end, not sure I could digest Lf POV, but somehow me must see what makes him tick and be such a @@@@ but beleave we will see it somehow,

Like to see Jorah, Dorian and truth to tell Hodor´s. I know some slow people and they sure have their own seen on life and what is going on and if we could see inside Hodor´s head I think he can tell us much!

In addition, I think Cersei should have been a POV from SoS on. I'd like to see how she was before everything started hitting the fan concerning Joffrey and Tywin's deaths. What she actually thought about Tyrion and such before she believed he murdered her son and father. Was there ever a kind word she had about him?

Agreed, Cersei should of been introduced as a POV in ASOS along with Jaime imo.

Archived