who's POV are we missing

Tommen Beetsbane

Jorah, Bronn, Ramsay, and Benjen.

A BENJEN POV.

Didn't even think of that, that would be amazing.

Unless he turns out to be Coldhands, which some of the theories I have read believe. In that case it would be a little anti-climactic since we already met Coldhands. I personally don't think he's Coldhands. I would love to see where he actually is (because if he's not still alive I'm going to be seriously disappointed at such an inglorious disposal of a potentially interesting character).

Maester Aemon. Think about it, a nice POV chapter while he's on the ship with Sam, sea spray on his face, thinking back over a very long life. He's old as rocks, a maester (we've never had a maester POV, right?) a Targ and a man of the NW.

I'd like to peek inside his head for a moment. His thoughts, years after, about taking a pass on the throne, and the wars that lead to the fall of the Targaryens. All the kings, would-be kings, wars and power plays he's survived. His experiences in the NW, where over the years he's known men from every region, every house, and no doubt knows many secrets about the NW and the Wall. And we might learn about his hopes and fears for Dany.

That's the POV I would have liked to read.

ETA: his thoughts about current events...

Lancel, Jorah, and Sandor are the only three characters that I really think should have been PoVs.

I would actually really enjoy a Lancel POV. Shame GRRM didn't put one in. It'd be more interesting now than ever.

Plus, if Lancel was a POV, we could see Robert being gored by the boar in real time.

With that I'm going with Stannis, just on comedy alone. Think about it. How often, have busted out laughing at his quick one liners! Can you imagine chapters worth of his wit, when he is thinking about other idiot characters!

:agree: I would also like a Jaqen H'Ghar, Rolland Storm or Aurane Waters POV.

bejen,aemon, and aurane waters would be very welcome. the patterns of the prologues have been 1)beyond the wall,2)maester,3)beyond the wall,4)novice maester,5)beyond the wall. HOPEFULLY we will get a bejen prologue in book 7. yeah it will lead to his death but so what? he's been pretty much dead the whole series

How about a Khal Jhaqo POV. His storyline at the end of Dance can go two ways. If Dany has learned anything about tempering blind impulse for revenge with long term strategy she could let him live. We could finally see the Dothraki as a real people instead of primitive stereotypes. Of course, maybe they really are primitive simple-minded stereotypes in which case this could turn out to be the shortest chapter yet and George can call it The Charred One.

Still, I heard that GRRM had written 100 manuscript pages on the Dothraki. We can only hope that is not all POV.

I would actually really enjoy a Lancel POV. Shame GRRM didn't put one in. It'd be more interesting now than ever.

Plus, if Lancel was a POV, we could see Robert being gored by the boar in real time.

Absolutely!

If Lancel was a PoV, we'd also have one PoV representing the beliefs of Westeros's four major religions.

Mance, Benjen, Blackfish would be great POV's to read. I think having regular Tywin, Roose, Kevan POVs (not including the ADWD Epilogue) would've been interesting. Oh and I would've enjoyed both Oberyn and Doran having POVs.

And I definitely agree that having Littlefinger and Varys POV's would reveal way too much.

Absolutely!

If Lancel was a PoV, we'd also have one PoV representing the beliefs of Westeros's four major religions.

I didn't think about that. The closest we have to a representative of the Seven in a POV is Davos, but there are so much better candidates.

Gah, the more I think about this, the more I'm angry that Lancel is not a POV :(

Also we'd get to see Lancel "pumping dutifully away" in real time too ;)

I'm probably in the minority, but I think a couple of chapters from the opiated addicted, brain tumored (a theory that would explain a lot) Gregor Clegane would have made for an interesting read.

I'm definitely not a Gregor fan, but like others have suggested with Ramsay, it might be be fun to explore how such a sick mind works.

While LF and Varys would be amazing to read; just from a complexity standpoint, I'm going to leave them off the list, because they would be too revealing. We would learn far to much and not be as shocked when certain twist have or will have occured.

I couldn't be more agree with you, if we find up what is going on LF and Varys head we won't have any more theories to discuss in here.

Archived