Cersei's death = mirroring the Mad King?

SeethemFly

We all know that Cersei is a bit stuck at the moment. I have not idea how she is going to get out of that mess (Robert Strong wins?), but anyway, for the sake of argument lets say she does make it out alive and regains some of her power. (Just for the sake of argument, I'm not saying this is actually going to happen!)

Do you think there will be some poetic justice in her dying like the Mad King? I mean, we've had numerous comparisons to him in the books, especially the whole "her eyes glowed like wildfire" thing (sorry, can't find the quote!) and her general superiority complex, disregard for others and the slow breakdown of her sanity.

Maybe, like the Mad King, she will lose her children (Aerys only lost Rhaegar, while Cersei loses all three) and will be holed up alone in the Red Keep with Dany's army/Jon's army/the Others/insert theory of your own choice surrounding the gates, and it is just her and, you guessed it, the Kingslayer, Jaime Lannister.

Then he will prove to be the valonquar while also mirroring his earlier act. I think it would also be interesting for Jaime's character as killing Aerys is a thing he is quite proud of but everyone hates him for, while killing Cersei would be something he hates doing but everyone would love him for it.

Would this be a satisfying end for you? How do you think it is going to play out?

If it ended like that I could see whoever ends up taking Kings Landing (if there even is a battle for it) killing Jaime seeing as none of the people coming to take it would like him (Jon would do it for Robb, Dany would do it for Aerys, and the Others would do it because who knows)

I don't think King's Landing will be saved this time. Cersei will poison Tommen, so that she gets rid of the Tyrells. Unfortunately for her Myrcella will have been poisoned by a sand snake by then (with Arbor Gold probably, because of the golden shrouds) and then she has nothing holding her back anymore.

She will manage to blow up all of King's Landing via Wildfire, taking with her Jaime, who came to kill her but couldn't stop the Wildfire a second time.

You have to admit, Cersei is kind of fun to speculate about.

I don't think King's Landing will be saved this time. Cersei will poison Tommen, so that she gets rid of the Tyrells. Unfortunately for her Myrcella will have been poisoned by a sand snake by then (with Arbor Gold probably, because of the golden shrouds) and then she has nothing holding her back anymore.

She will manage to blow up all of King's Landing via Wildfire, taking with her Jaime, who came to kill her but couldn't stop the Wildfire a second time.

You have to admit, Cersei is kind of fun to speculate about.

I think Myrcella is already dead, but that's just me.

The valonqar is sandor. The faith will choose him as the champion and he will defeat Robert strong. The strangulation Maggy prophesied will simply be her being hanged by the faith.

Tommen will be killed by the faith as well as a product of incest. The faith haven't exhibited any magic a la old gods and R'hollor, but they will exhibit power through dramatic executions.

Doran will kill Myrcella once deciding to side with Aegon - a twist considering his love of children. But what could be more fitting than to kill the innocent daughter of the family that was responsible for the death of the innocent daughter of Elia?

I think Myrcella is already dead, but that's just me.

And me.

Regarding Cersei, I don't think so. There's a considerable difference between Cersei's and Aerys' positions, at least right now. Aerys was pretty much the one calling the shots, with Rhaegar away, Elia as a hostage, and every Hand being burned.

Cersei on the other hand, has to deal with the Tyrells, the Faith, and the Sandsnakes if she wants to climb her way back to power. I just don't see her gaining control of the Red Keep, let alone the city. Varys will have to knock down many pieces if he wants Cersei back in absolute power.

I hope she's gonna grab Tommen and flee to Casterly Rock, as a big middle finger to the Tyrells and the Faith. Once in Casterly Rock, she's gonna be the one in control.

If Bob Strong sees her through this latest spot of bother I wonder if she might go a bit Caligula for a while. Perhaps she will even be the main Big Bad of the next part of the storyline. She's certainly spiralled down at a pretty appalling rate. Who knows what she could stoop to after the shame she has been put through.

Even if she's proven innocent by trial I don't ever see her getting her power back. She's clearly made a mess of things. She'll likely end up back at The Rock where she'll stay until somebody kills her. Somewhere along the way she'll wonder why she just didn't run like Ned suggested because once Tommen dies it was all for nothing. If she ever sees Marcella again I'd be shocked.

When Cersei set fire to the Tower of the Hand of the King and she was falling for the flames, I had the feeling that she was going to be the next Mad King or Mad Queen. Maybe some relation? hhhmmm.

I figure Jamie will have to gut her at some point and then fall on his own sword, right after he fills out his last paragraph in the Book of the Kings Guard

He did it for love and the kingdom.

Hoping that Jamie and Tyrion can patch things up before all hell breaks loose, but it will be hard.

We all know that Cersei is a bit stuck at the moment. I have not idea how she is going to get out of that mess (Robert Strong wins?), but anyway, for the sake of argument lets say she does make it out alive and regains some of her power. (Just for the sake of argument, I'm not saying this is actually going to happen!)

Do you think there will be some poetic justice in her dying like the Mad King? I mean, we've had numerous comparisons to him in the books, especially the whole "her eyes glowed like wildfire" thing (sorry, can't find the quote!) and her general superiority complex, disregard for others and the slow breakdown of her sanity.

Maybe, like the Mad King, she will lose her children (Aerys only lost Rhaegar, while Cersei loses all three) and will be holed up alone in the Red Keep with Dany's army/Jon's army/the Others/insert theory of your own choice surrounding the gates, and it is just her and, you guessed it, the Kingslayer, Jaime Lannister.

Then he will prove to be the valonquar while also mirroring his earlier act. I think it would also be interesting for Jaime's character as killing Aerys is a thing he is quite proud of but everyone hates him for, while killing Cersei would be something he hates doing but everyone would love him for it.

Would this be a satisfying end for you? How do you think it is going to play out?

I've long held the belief that Jaime will eventually kill Cersei, and perhaps even to keep her from setting KL on fire using the same wildfire caches that Aerys had intended to use. We've already seen her burn down the tower of the hand in a similar manner.

Though I think Jaime will strangle her to stop her, and they'll end up falling to their deaths together from a tall tower.

she will be out of her mind crazy when tommen and myrcella die, should her prophecy come true. Its gonna be one of the best parts of the series when that happens because she will go out with a bang i dont even think at that point it will matter who kills her because what she does before she dies will be intense. And I do believe that Jaime will be the one to kill her, so yes I think she will mirror the mad king with being the "mad queen" because in AFFC, we do see her increasing paranoia that was similar to what fueled Aerys' insanity. Can't wait.

I think what is driving her ever closer to insanity is the paranoia and stress caused by her obsession over Maggy's prophecy. I think that as soon as she hears of Mycella's death, she'll think that she is about to die and that Tommen about to die before her. She imagines hearing Tyrion's shuffling in the walls, his tiny steps on the stones when it's really Jaime approaching. Before the door opens to reveal him, though, she will have plunged a dagger into the heart of her last remaining child, Tommen. Jaime enters, Cersei cries that at least she can finish the prophecy on her own terms by plunging the dagger into her own heart. But she can't...cries and drops the dagger on the floor. She will see the murderous fury in Jaime's face, and her last words of final realization will be "My little brother..". And Jaime walks over to her and chokes her to death.

Well, that's the Shakespearean ending, anyway.

Archived