George Zimmerman arrested...again

Trebla

This time for allegedly pointing a shotgun at his new girlfriend during a dispute.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-charged-aggravated-assault/story?id=20926767

Zimmerman, 30, was arrested by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office at about 1 p.m. today, authorities said.

He was booked into the John E. Polk Correctional Facility.

"When we arrived, the victim indicated that she and George Zimmerman were having a verbal dispute and at that time she alleged that he had broken had broken a table and pointed a long-barrel shotgun at her," Seminole County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma said at a news conference.

She managed to work her way to the front door of the residence and call 911 on her cell phone.

"At that time, he actually pushed her out of the front of the residence and barricaded the door with some furniture," Lemma said.

When authorities arrived, the girlfriend gave officers a key to the home and they were able to open the door, push away the furniture and confront Zimmerman.

He was unarmed when police got to him and "rather passive," Lemma said. He offered no resistance and was taken into custody.

You wonder if this finally "OJ's" him...get found not guilty but keep messing up until they finally nail you.

My goodness, after reading that account it amazes me how I ever could have possibly thought that GZ was anything other than a good, upstanding citizen doing their civic duty by patrolling the neighborhood with a concealed weapon. Not to mention why the hell would I have ever thought that GZ was the one who provoked the initial confrontation that ended with Martin's death. Justice was truly served in that case, I believe.

I agree with you 100%! No, wait, 110%! What the heck, let's be honest and say I agree with you 51929%!

Ha, I knew it. Violence-prone assholes almost always get themselves in trouble again, sooner or later, and I figured that exact thing would happen with Zimmerman even after the Trevayn Martin murder case. You'd think he might be more cautious, but nope, he wasn't.

And this thread exemplifies why courts generally bar evidence of prior bad acts.

Exactly. As if this thread could possibly serve any other purpose, but it's already threatening to turn into a giant sucking black hole of "relitigating" the trial based upon absolute non-evidence.

For what it's worth, I feel bad for George Zimmerman. I simply cannot imagine the unbearable stress and anxiety involved with having a local criminal matter blown up into the national spotlight for months on end, with your every move being scrutinized, TV personalities calling you racist and performing pop-psychoanalysis on you, financially bankrupting you, putting you under house arrest for months at a time, and then, at the end of the day, when you are finally acquitted, having death threats lobbed at you and having the knowledge that you will likely never be able to have a normal life and always having to look over your shoulder for renegade vigilantes. And all because, as the evidence demonstrated, some guy jumped you and started beating the shit out of you and you took the steps necessary to defend yourself. I don't think there have been any studies done on the psychological effects of Defendants undergoing these national-spotlight criminal trials, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that many of them experience PTSD-like symptoms. It's a waking nightmare.

Stop oppressing Zimmerman guys!

I don't think there have been any studies done on the psychological effects of Defendants undergoing these national-spotlight criminal trials, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that many of them experience PTSD-like symptoms. It's a waking nightmare.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that Zimmerman had a history of domestic violence/abuse related records well prior to the Martin shooting. In which case your PTSD theory seems pretty unlikely. He's just a shitty human being. Get over it.

Stop oppressing Zimmerman guys!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that Zimmerman had a history of domestic violence/abuse related records well prior to the Martin shooting. In which case your PTSD theory seems pretty unlikely. He's just a shitty human being. Get over it.

I don't believe Zimmerman has ever been convicted of domestic abuse. And even if he was, it is not evidence he committed domestic abuse in this instance. Entirely possible that he did and if so he should be punished. But Zimmerman's arrest is not proof that he murdered Martin, and that is all this thread is about. None of the people boasting here actual give two shits that some poor lady may have been a victim of domestic abuse.

Exactly. As if this thread could possibly serve any other purpose, but it's already threatening to turn into a giant sucking black hole of "relitigating" the trial based upon absolute non-evidence.

For what it's worth, I feel bad for George Zimmerman. I simply cannot imagine the unbearable stress and anxiety involved with having a local criminal matter blown up into the national spotlight for months on end, with your every move being scrutinized, TV personalities calling you racist and performing pop-psychoanalysis on you, financially bankrupting you, putting you under house arrest for months at a time, and then, at the end of the day, when you are finally acquitted, having death threats lobbed at you and having the knowledge that you will likely never be able to have a normal life and always having to look over your shoulder for renegade vigilantes. And all because, as the evidence demonstrated, some guy jumped you and started beating the shit out of you and you took the steps necessary to defend yourself. I don't think there have been any studies done on the psychological effects of Defendants undergoing these national-spotlight criminal trials, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that many of them experience PTSD-like symptoms. It's a waking nightmare.

My thoughts exactly. Being the most hated man in America for two years has its tolls and I suspect he has grave psychological damage as a result.

edit: fixing typos.

My thoughts exactly. Being the most hated man in America for two years has its tolls and I suspect he has grave psychological damage as a result.

I imagine being found not guilty for the taking of another man's life when you know the action didn't play out as you presented in court would also exert some measure of psychological stress.

So, either way, he's had a pretty stressful year or two following Martin's death.

Gee, it seems like just yesterday he was threatening his wife and father in law.

Yeah, it's interesting how he was portrayed as such an upstanding guy that couldn't possible start a fight with Trayvon.

The idea that the psychological pressure so thoroughly changed an innocent, gentle person into this guy...well, I'm not buying that. I think he was always like this and it further convinces me he murdered a teenager for wearing a hoodie even as I accept the lack of evidence demanded his acquittal.

Yes, please excuse me while I cry a fucking river for the guy who shot and killed an unarmed kid and now is accused of both making threats against his estranged wife and now pulling a shotgun on her. Whatever stress Zimmerman has experienced, he brought it on himself.

No charges were filed against Zimmerman for the alleged incident with his wife. At least wait until the man is convicted before breaking out the torches and pitchforks. Okay?

p.s. The most recent allegations are related to his girlfriend, not wife.

Yes, please excuse me while I cry a fucking river for the guy who shot and killed an unarmed kid and now is accused of both making threats against his estranged wife and now pulling a shotgun on her. Whatever stress Zimmerman has experienced, he brought it on himself.

I love how euphemisms like "he brought it on himself" obscure, you know, really-existing facts, like the fact that some other human being was on top of him, "ground-pounding" his head into concrete.

But hey, I'm sure he deserved it.

No charges were filed against Zimmerman for the alleged incident with his wife. At least wait until the man is convicted before breaking out the torches and pitchforks. Okay?

p.s. The most recent allegations are related to his girlfriend, not wife.

He's a shitty human being, Tempra. Deal with it. No, that's not enough for a conviction in court. We're not tryng him or calling for a do-over. We're saying he's a scumbag.

As is continuously being reinforced. And the whole "Poor Georgie, it's NEVER his fault!" thing. I'm sure being 'the most hated man in America' was really, really hard when people kept sending him donations for his legal defense and conservative media was lionizing him into a lone hero

I love how euphemisms like "he brought it on himself" obscure, you know, really-existing facts, like the fact that some other human being was on top of him, "ground-pounding" his head into concrete.

But hey, I'm sure he deserved it.

If he didn't want to be "ground pounded", Zimmerman should've learned that you don't bully people who can kick your ass.

Sucks to get your ass kicked by a teenager, but that's what happens when you play out your cop fantasy when you're supposed to just be watching the neighborhood.

I don't believe Zimmerman has ever been convicted of domestic abuse. And even if he was, it is not evidence he committed domestic abuse in this instance.

I never said he had been convicted. I said he had prior police run ins over similar incidents of aggression -- both before and after the Martin shooting. Zimmerman's repeated run ins with the law fit a certain profile...if you know what I'm saying...

But Zimmerman's arrest is not proof that he murdered Martin, and that is all this thread is about.

Really? I didn't see that at all in the OP. Seems like people just have their panties a bunch because someone posted yet another story unrelated to the trial that places Zimmerman in an unflattering light (hint: they keep happening because he's an unflattering human being) and then continue to rationalize and make apologetics for his actions.

Archived