[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode Ending Scenes

Ser Tahu

This topic has come up in several threads, but it has never had a thread dedicated to it: because of the nature of serial dramas on television each episode normally ends with some sort of cliffhanger/revelation/epic event to keep people coming back for the next episode.

What events do you think will close out the episodes in the upcoming seasons of Game of Thrones?

My predictions:

Season 4:

4x01 - Daenerys finds the slave children nailed to posts pointing the way to Meereen
4x02 - Joffrey dies, Tyrion is arrested
4x03 - Tywin declares to the small council that Tyrion must be put on trial soon
4x04 - Barristan defeats the champion of Meereen
4x05 - Bran and co are saved by Coldhands at Craster's Keep
4x06 - Daenerys captures Meereen
4x07 - Bran meets Bloodraven
4x08 - Oberyn vs Gregor
4x09 - Ygritte dies/"Stannis!"
4x10 - Stoneheart reveal. Episode also has the deaths of Lysa, Balon and Tywin.

Season 5:
5x01 - The dragons are chained

5x02 - Illyrio convinces Tyrion to support House Targaryen and meet up with Griff
5x03 - Jon is elected Lord Commander
5x04 - The Kingsmoot
5x05 - The Queenmaker
5x06 - The Aegon reveal and the fight with the Stone Men
5x07 - Daenerys agrees to marry Hizdahr (immediately after "Justice. Vengeance. Fire and Blood" and Quentyn arrives in Meereen, with Gerris asking him if he is ready to marry the most beautiful woman in the world)
5x08 - Tyrion is captured by Jorah
5x09 - Daenerys flies away from the fighting pits on the back of Drogon (Tyrion is not there for the scene)

5x10 - The Golden Company vows to put Aegon on the Iron Throne.

Season 6:
6x01 - Daenerys is found by Jhaqo's khalasar
6x02 - Brienne appears in front of Jaime
6x03 - Cersei's walk of Shame. Also Tyrion's boat breaking apart and Stannis capturing YarAsha
6x04 - Varys returns and murders Pycelle and Kevan
6x05 - Sam meets Pate (Jaqen). I think the episode will open with Jaqen assassinated Pate.
6x06 - Tyrion escapes slavery, Barristan arrests Hizdahr and Quentyn unleashes the dragons. Also Theon escapes Winterfell
6x07 - TWoW scene. Perhaps Aegon taking Storm's End?
6x08 - TWoW speculation: the trials of Cersei and Margaery. Cersei wins, Margaery does not.
6x09 - Stannis vs the Boltons AND the battle of Meereen. I think they could both be in the same episode. The actually battle of Blackwater itself only took up ~half of the episode. TWoW speculation: the Umbers and Manderlys turn against the Boltons. Davos/Rickon show up with a Skagosi army and Stannis triumphs. Roose and Ramsay are dead. The northern lords then turn on Stannis and declare Rickon the King in the North. Stannis flees with a small number of men, Theon and YarAsha. Davos is captured or dead. As for Meereen, I believe that Daenerys will return towards the end of the battle.
6x10 - Jon is assassinated by his sworn brothers.

1 - I agree about Dany finding the crosses

2 - (Maybe Balon dying?)

3 - Wildings attack from the South; Ygritte dies

4 - Joffrey dies

5 - (Maybe Bloodraven revealed?)

6 - Tyrion demands trial by combat

7 - Dany exiles Jorah

8 - Oberyn/Mountain duel

9 - Stannis arrives

10 - Lady Stoneheart reveal

4x01-Dany finding the crosses seems right, having trouble finding an end for this one. Could be Stannis leaving Dragonstone maybe?

4x02-Littlefinger having Dontos shot, Sansa on the boat

4x03-Jon checking the arrows on Ygritte

4x04-Brienne is given Oathkeeper

4x05-Bran is rescued from Craster's by Leaf/Coldhands/Bloodraven/etc.

4x06-Capture of Meereen

4x07-"The Wall is yours, Jon Snow"

4x08-The look of despair on Tyrion's face as Oberyn is finished off

4x09-Stannis arriving at the Wall

4x10-Lady Stoneheart

Cool idea for a thread! Here's my predictions:

4.01: Daenerys party finding the slaves crucified on their way to Meereen.

4.02: Joffrey chokes to death and Tyrion is arrested by the Kingsguard.

4.03: Barristan kills the Hero of Meereen, but the city is standing strong.

4.04: Bran, Jojen, Meera and Hodor are captured by Rast's gang at Craster's.

4.05: The Hound, wounded, pulls Arya from the Crossroads Inn after killing Polliver and the others.

4.06: Oberyn visits Tyrion and declares himself his champion in the combat against Clegane.

4.07: Daenerys conquers Meereen.

4.08: Oberyn is brutally killed by Clegane. Close up on Tyrion.

4.09: "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

4.10: Beric gives Catelyn the kiss of life. Beric falls over, dead, and Catelyn's eyes snap open.

4x01: Balon Greyjoy is pushed off a bridge and dies. Last shot: The new face of Jaqen H'ghar as he walks away from the scene, smirking. OST: 'Pay the Iron Price'

4x02: Joffrey points at Tyrion as he gasps his final breath. Cersei orders the arrest of her brother. Last shot: a close up of Tyrion's shocked face. OST: a new track with a jarring chord progression, somewhat similar to the 'Lannisters Send Their Regards' sountrack.

4x03: Olenna Tyrell and Tywin Lannister discuss the fate of the kingdoms after Joffrey's death. Tywin makes it clear that he knows Olenna was behind Joffrey's murder. All this following a penultimate scene in which Littlefinger reveals to Sansa the intricacies of his plot. Last Shot: A shot of Olenna's smiling face. OST: none

4x04: A flock of ravens followed by the appearance of Coldhands to save Bran&co. from a pack of wights at Craster's Keep. With Meera having wasted the dragonglass attempting to stab one of them, they are trapped until Colhands saves the day. Last shot: A close up of Bran's face after the the new stranger identifies himself. OST: 'Wall of Ice'

4x05: Arya and the Hound defeat Polliver and two other soldiers belonging to the Mountain at the Crossroads Inn. Arya steals Needle from behind Polliver's back while he is preoccupied with the Hound and stabs him in the back while repeating her mantra. Last shot: The Hound's startled face as he reacts to Arya's bloodthirsty nature. OST: 'Valar Morghulis'

4x06: Dany banishes Jorah Mormont after he shows insufficient repentance for his treason. Last Shot: Dany weeping. OST: A melancholy version of Dany's theme (?)

4x07: Arya gives the iron coin to a Braavosi captain and is admitted on board with no further charge. Last shot: The ship from a short distance away as Arya clambers aboard, Needle at her side, whispering 'valar morghulis' under her breath. OST: 'Valar Morghulis'

4x08: Following Oberyn Martell's blunder, Ser Gregor Clegane smashes his head into the dust and rolls away screaming in agony. Tywin orders for Tyrion to be taken to the Black Cells to await justice. Last shot: The two dead/dying men from Tyrion's perspective as he is dragged away in horror. OST: My guess would be some version of the Dornish theme which is sure to appear in next season's soundtrack.

4x09: Stannis Baratheon's host saves the Wall from the Wildlings as Jon Snow clutches the dead body of Ygritte in his arms. Last shot: A far-away shot of the end of the battle as the armored knights sweep through the ranks of the fleeing Wildlings. OST: A variation on 'Warrior of Light'

4x10: Catelyn Stark is revealed to be alive in the form of the ruthless Lady Stoneheart, and authorizes the hanging of Lame Lothar Frey by the Brotherhood Without Banners. Last shot: Lady Stoneheart's torn face as she turns away from the scene. OST: A new soundtrack, potentially similar to the 'White Walkers' theme.

Obviously I have absolutely no knowledge (with the exception of the almost confirmed episode 9 ending) of the way the season will pan out, and this is much more wishful thinking (Jaqen H'ghar seems unlikely even to me) than it is evidence-based conjecture.

Not really predictions but more like how I'd like to see it done with the legit bits of info we know...

Season 4:

4x01 - Daenerys finds the slave children on the way to Meereen.

4x02 - Joffrey dies, Cersei screams for Tyrion's arrest.

4x03 - Daario Naharis fights the Hero of Meereen.

4x04 - Bran is saved by Coldhands at Craster's Keep.

4x05 - Brienne is sent out to find Sansa.

4x06 - Arya/Hound fight at the Inn.

4x07 - Jorah is banished.

4x08 - Oberyn's death with Tyrion reaction.

4x09 - Battle at the Wall/ Ygritte's dead body found by Jon

4x10 - Lady Stoneheart reveal via Brienne's last AFFC chapter.

Season 5:

5x01 - Aegon Reveal

5x02 - "Edd, fetch me a Block"

5x03 - Attack of the Stone men

5x04 - Stannis leaves the Wall to go South, Davos leaves for White Harbor.

5x05 - Tyrion is captured by Jorah

5x06 - Arya is Blind.

5x07 - Theon escapes Winterfell with Jeyne

5x08 - Jaime receives Cersei's note and tears it up.

5x09 - Battle for Winterfell / Jon's stabbing / Daznak's pit.

5x10 - Varys kills Kevan & Pycelle / The Dragons escape and cause chaos with a wide shot view of the incoming ships/armies.

My predictions, only for season 4:

4x01: Balon falls from the bridge. Then, the camera draws in the distance where the Silence is sailing, and we see Euron.

4x02: Cersei accuses Tyrion for poisoning Joffrey. The knights on the wedding draw their swords to arrest Tyrion. (similar to 1x04 ending scene)

4x03: Bran and his friends captured by deserters from Craster's keep.

4x04: "You know nothing Jon Snow", Ygritte's final words.

4x05: Theon does something to save Rickon from Ramsay.

4x06: "The Wall is yours", final words of Donal Noye.

4x07: Euron wins the Kingsmoot.

4x08: Death of Red Viper; Gold Cloaks take Tyrion to the Black Cells.

4x09: Tyrion learns that Tywin doesn't shit gold.

4x10: Lady Stoneheart orders BwB to hang some Frey guys.

Here's my predictions for S05 and S06, too:

5.01: Arya arrives to the House of Black and White, meets the Kindly Man and sees through his decaying face.

5.02: Jon informs Sam he's going to send him to Oldtown to become a maester.

5.03: Cersei watches as the Tower of the Hand burns to the ground.

5.04: Tyrion falls over board and is dragged under water by one of the stone men.

5.05: Tyrion is captured by Jorah Mormont to be "delivered to the queen".

5.06: The Kingsmoot. Euron is declared king after revealing the dragonhorn and his plan to win the Iron Throne.

5.07: "Justice. Vengeance. Fire and Blood". Quentyn reveals himself to Daenerys.

5.08: Mance is burned in a cage in Castle Black. Stannis draws Lightbringer and the wildlings kneel.

5.09: Daenerys flies away from the fighting pit on Drogon's back.

5.10: Daenerys wanders through the Dothraki Sea, starts bleeding and collapses.

6.01: Daenerys and Drogon are found by Khal Jhaqo and his khalasar.

6.02: Arya is assigned her first assassination.

6.03: Yara's crew is attacked by Stannis outside Deepwood Motte. Yara is knocked out.

6.04: Quentyn is burned by the dragons. Barristan gets the news that the dragons are freed.

6.05: Kevan finds Pycelle dead in his chamber, before he's killed by Varys.

6.06: Something TWoW.

6.07: Something TWoW.

6.08: Theon throws himself and Jeyne over the wall of Winterfell.

6.09: The battle of Meereen ending.

6.10: Jon is stabbed by Locke and other watchers.

Here's my predictions for S05 and S06, too:

5.01: Arya arrives to the House of Black and White, meets the Kindly Man and sees through his decaying face.

5.02: Jon informs Sam he's going to send him to Oldtown to become a maester.

5.03: Cersei watches as the Tower of the Hand burns to the ground.

5.04: Tyrion falls over board and is dragged under water by one of the stone men.

5.05: Tyrion is captured by Jorah Mormont to be "delivered to the queen".

5.06: The Kingsmoot. Euron is declared king after revealing the dragonhorn and his plan to win the Iron Throne.

5.07: "Justice. Vengeance. Fire and Blood". Quentyn reveals himself to Daenerys.

5.08: Mance is burned in a cage in Castle Black. Stannis draws Lightbringer and the wildlings kneel.

5.09: Daenerys flies away from the fighting pit on Drogon's back.

5.10: Daenerys wanders through the Dothraki Sea, starts bleeding and collapses.

6.01: Daenerys and Drogon are found by Khal Jhaqo and his khalasar.

6.02: Arya is assigned her first assassination.

6.03: Yara's crew is attacked by Stannis outside Deepwood Motte. Yara is knocked out.

6.04: Quentyn is burned by the dragons. Barristan gets the news that the dragons are freed.

6.05: Kevan finds Pycelle dead in his chamber, before he's killed by Varys.

6.06: Something TWoW.

6.07: Something TWoW.

6.08: Theon throws himself and Jeyne over the wall of Winterfell.

6.09: The battle of Meereen ending.

6.10: Jon is stabbed by Locke and other watchers.

I wish we were getting the Crow's Eye as much as anyone this season but unless it's Joseph Gatt (which it appears very much not to be) - it's not happening. Hoping he and Victarion get name-checked at least.

Anyway

4x01 - Dany finds crucified children on the road to Meereen (would have said Balon dying but that would give away the next episode)
4x02 - Tyrion is arrested

4x03 - Balon dies

4x04-4x06 - Really anyone's guess
4x07 - Oberyn visits Tyrion's cell

4x08 - "Crunch"
4x09 - Stannis saves the day
4x10 - LS

Episodes 2, 8,9 and 10 are all but confirmed to end this way. Like many, I think tradition will be broken. Episode 9 will be the 'big' event in terms of budget and scale with the battle for the wall (also pretty sure this will be merged with the attack on Castle Black.) However, episode 10 will probably include Tyrion's escape, "Only Cat" and the LS reveal.

I don't think we're going to get the wall battle the way it is in the books. It's all going to be one big episode. The 9th one. I do think Stannis will be the final shot in that episode though. But it's not likely to play out the same way. Same director as Blackwater. I think he's going to flip what he did there with the Stannis/Tywin shot. Stannis is in the middle of battle and sees Tywin ride in. Flipped with Jon/Stannis here. Might even be the Ygritte about to die scene with Jon when Stannis rides in.

So I'm anticipating a change from the books in that regard for drama purposes. It would appear the director essentially changed Martin's entire Blackwater script to enhance the action. So I think we should expect something similar from that episode and scene.

Some of the episodes, I really have no clue about, but there are some where an educated guess is possible.

4.01: Balon Greyjoy dies.

4.02: Tyrion is arrested for the death of Joffrey.

4.03: Barristan fights the champion of Meereen in order to gain access to the city.

4.04: Bran & Co. are captured by the mutinous remains of the Night's Watch at Craster's Keep.

4.05: The Iron Born forces are defeated at the Dreadfort, and Yara is taken captive.

4.06: Oberyn visits Tyrion in his cell and offers to fight as his champion.

4.07: Arya leaves The Hound to die.

4.08: Oberyn is killed by Gregor, and Tyrion is sentenced to death.

4.09: Stannis offers to legitimize Jon, and make him the Lord of Winterfell.

4.10: Lady Stoneheart.

Some of the episodes, I really have no clue about, but there are some where an educated guess is possible.

4.01: Balon Greyjoy dies.

4.02: Tyrion is arrested for the death of Joffrey.

4.03: Barristan fights the champion of Meereen in order to gain access to the city.

4.04: Bran & Co. are captured by the mutinous remains of the Night's Watch at Craster's Keep.

4.05: The Iron Born forces are defeated at the Dreadfort, and Yara is taken captive.

4.06: Oberyn visits Tyrion in his cell and offers to fight as his champion.

4.07: Arya leaves The Hound to die.

4.08: Oberyn is killed by Gregor, and Tyrion is sentenced to death.

4.09: Stannis offers to legitimize Jon, and make him the Lord of Winterfell.

4.10: Lady Stoneheart.

I like these. The only thing that gives me pause is your proposed ending to 4x05. Do you think Boltons will capture Yara?

I like these. The only thing that gives me pause is your proposed ending to 4x05. Do you think Boltons will capture Yara?

I think there's very little chance that Yara or Theon's story lines intersect with Stannis this coming season, as some people have suggested. It's bound to happen eventually, but I can't see how it could be done in season four. I also don't see the writers giving Yara that excellent scene in Mhysa, just to have her turn around and head back to the Iron Islands following the death of her father. More likely is that the Kingsmoot will take place in season five, if it takes place at all, without Yara. It may just turn out that Euron will name himself king of the Iron Islands, and that no one will dispute this claim (publicly, anyway), in the name of simplification.

But that leaves Yara and Theon in a weird situation. We know that Yara can't hope to defeat the Bolton forces with just fifty men, so her being defeated is almost a given. And how interested are the writers going to be in having Theon escape just to be returned to captivity, once again? I think the both of them will end up prisoners of Ramsay, and that her activities at Deepwood Motte will be cut entirely. But what happens from there? Does Yara assume the role of Kyra, and exit the series early? Is she forced to marry Ramsay in place of Jeyne Poole (I don't think the fake Arya Stark plot line is happening in the show, though I guess we'll find out in season four)? There are a lot of variables.

Archived