A Peek at Season 4 Costuming

Westeros

Interesting that Dinklage seems perfectly up for nude scenes and yet hasn't been given a script with one in it. I mean Tyrion probably has the most sex scenes of any other character in the books, so it seems odd that they would shy away from that.

Thanks for those, Abaddon. I got a laugh out of Pablo saying it scared the shit out of him when he learned he'd gotten the role of Oberyn.

‘The guys love him, the girls love him, he’s the most amazing human being in the world!’ and I was like AHHHHH! Thanks a lot. Set the bar a little higher.”

That's right, Pablo !! The Red Viper is so beloved by book fans that from the first second of your appearance on screen to the last, millions of critical fans' eyes will be riveted on you, focusing on every word, every movement, every glance or twitch you make.

But, don't let it intimidate you. :P

http://rhoynishblood.tumblr.com/post/80504397963/oberyn-martell-at-the-game-of-thrones-directing

Pedro will be judged on how skillful he is with his spear... wink wink.

In all seriousness, I thought he was a great casting when he was announced and my opinion has only gotten higher.

The Unsullied will cry bitter tears, in the aftermath of the shock of his sudden and unexpected death... as will I

I'll admit I was skeptical of Pascal at first, but from the trailers he really seems to be nailing the role. Out of costume he doesn't really look anything like I'd imagine Oberyn to look, but when he's all westerosed up he fits the role perfectly.

Pedro will be judged on how skillful he is with his spear... wink wink.

In all seriousness, I thought he was a great casting when he was announced and my opinion has only gotten higher.

The Unsullied will cry bitter tears, in the aftermath of the shock of his sudden and unexpected death... as will I

And me! :sob:

I loved that crown. It really got into the eye. Would love if it would be available to buy for a reasonable price.

Renly all the way! Best king for the Iron Throne.

I probably don't have the money for a decent-looking replica, but yeah, it would be nice to own that gorgeous crown. :) I got to see it up close at least year's GoT exhibit.

As you can guess from my avatar, I love TV!Renly (I'm actually only neutral towards book!Renly). I was rooting for him to win the Iron Throne (I had only started reading the novels after Season 2, so I had no idea that he would meet his doom prematurely).

As you can guess from my avatar, I love TV!Renly (I'm actually only neutral towards book!Renly). I was rooting for him to win the Iron Throne (I had only started reading the novels after Season 2, so I had no idea that he would meet his doom prematurely).

As an unsullied( first) Ican tell you that I only was two times really shocked from deaths. Viserys and Renly. hnnnfff. Why Renly ? Only decent Westerosi King

As an unsullied( first) Ican tell you that I only was two times really shocked from deaths. Viserys and Renly. hnnnfff. Why Renly ? Only decent Westerosi King

What did he do to merit that? He held a tourney and was rude to his older bro. He knew how to smile and was very clean, but otherwise...

What did he do to merit that? He held a tourney and was rude to his older bro. He knew how to smile and was very clean, but otherwise...

What does any person to be liked and rooted for ? Liking someone does not require something.

What can I do if I do not root for a religious fanatic who burns people and a juvenile usurper greenboy.

I guess I am an awful person then.

What does any person to be liked and rooted for ? Liking someone does not require something.

What can I do if I do not root for a religious fanatic who burns people and a juvenile usurper greenboy.

I guess I am an awful person then.

Woah, I didn't mean it as a personal affront! You just said that he was the only "decent" Westerosi King, and my point is that he really didn't do anything as a king. He hosted tournaments and teased his brother. If you mean "decent" in personality, that argument could be made. I'm certainly not a Stannis supporter, and there's no doubt Renly would have been better for the job. I think I may have been reading your comment more literally, meaning his actions made him the only decent king.

Probably my favorite quote about the Baratheon Boys:

"Robert was the true steel. Stannis is pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. He’ll break before he bends. And Renly, that one, he’s copper, bright and shiny, pretty to look at but not worth all that much at the end of the day" (Clash of Kings, Chapter 6).

"Robert was the true steel. Stannis is pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. He’ll break before he bends. And Renly, that one, he’s copper, bright and shiny, pretty to look at but not worth all that much at the end of the day" (Clash of Kings, Chapter 6).

I didn't take it as offense, really.

This quote was in a Jon chapter ?

I think that that quote is extremely wrong. Robert is aluminium. Looks shiny and can be useful, but at the end of the day it still is aluminum.

Stannis is pretty much as in the quote.

Renly is gold. He bends when needed, but he attracts people in mysterious ways that are unexplainable. And he is a classic. That is it.

He seems chivalrous and like a knight, nice and courteous. He can play the character of the king and still stays true to himself. He has a needed arrogance, so that he doesn't seem humble. A king has to be modest, not decadent, but not humble.

Plus, Renly was the odd one out of it. He was totally different from the others. He was quite modern. And he does what a king has to do. He married Margaery, even if he loved Loras. But the Tyrells, another good House, accepted this and saw the usefulness in it. They live for the realm and still maintain a private life. While Robert only had his private life and Stannis..well I don't know for what he lives. Not for the realm and definitely not for a private life.

And Robb. I know I get constantly hate for that, but he is just awful. He is too full of himself. He is a Tully rather than a Stark. Pride, pride, pride. Nothing more behind it. And judgemental. Like his mother.

Make of it what you want ;)

I still support now the likes of Mance and Daenerys. People who inspire people to follow them.

But for rightfulness for the throne, and the ones who deserve it because of cunning and ingenious warfare (and the true claim)and the ability for stability : House Lannister. Cersei deserves the throne. for now.

"What has Renly ever done to earn a throne? He sits in council and jests with Littlefinger, and at tourneys he dons his splendid suit of armor and allows himself to be knocked off his horse by a better man. That is the sum of my brother Renly, who thinks he ought to be a king." -Stannis

"He knew how to dress and he knew how to smile and he knew how to bathe, and somehow he got the notion that this made him fit to be king." -Oleanna

"The youngest of Lord Steffon's three sons had grown into a man bold but heedless, who acted from impulse rather than calculation. In that, as in so much else, Renly was like his brother Robert, and utterly unlike Stannis." -Cressen

Archived