A Peek at Season 4 Costuming

Westeros

Am I the only one who really liked the first Daario/Benjaario and is disappointed with the recast?

As one who firstly watched the show, I thought he was amazing and this "other" daario is kinda great, has a totally other thing to him, but to be like the books they had to change. So both are good, but for a book lover it had to be changed.

Am I the only one who really liked the first Daario/Benjaario and is disappointed with the recast?

I didn't like the recast, but I think the new actor is better. He is less cheesy, much more handsome and he looks a lot more like Benjen. There was also something weird with old Daario's voice, as if he was being voiced over or something like that. His voice didn't sound very natural. Like I said before, I wish Huisman was the one cast last season as Benjen instead of Ed Skrein.

As one who firstly watched the show, I thought he was amazing and this "other" daario is kinda great, has a totally other thing to him, but to be like the books they had to change. So both are good, but for a book lover it had to be changed.

Can you elaborate? Seen a couple people make similar remarks but not sure what they mean by it.

I thought the first one did well in a being pretty boy and giving the right feeling from what i got from the book with out being overly exaggerated. Excited to see what the new guy can do though.

Can you elaborate? Seen a couple people make similar remarks but not sure what they mean by it.

I thought the first one did well in a being pretty boy and giving the right feeling from what i got from the book with out being overly exaggerated. Excited to see what the new guy can do though.

As I said before, I can't help but imagine Jack Sparrow whenever Daario is mentioned. I don't know, it's the image that comes to mind. And for me, Daario has to be quite slim , especially in his armor, very colourful and hair blue or at least brown and more of the "lover guy".

Ed Skrein did a new Daario. An angel like pure good man who is perfect and clean, but in no way like the Daario from the books. Daario has to be sexy, not handsome, evil smiles instead of innocents, shorter dark hair instead of angel locks, and yeah, more the rogue and faulty person instead.

The Skrein Daario was to me more of the first impressions I got from Rhaegar. These Targaryen looks and divine look.

But still, as I watched the show before reading the books I liked him, thought him amazing and othersome, otherworldly.

All in all, it's just images in my head.

Same goes for Jon Snow. Harington is a perfect actor and doing a good job, but also in no way like I imagined Snow.

And Oberyn. I have a much older person with a longer face and hooked nose, stern face, long hair and crimson clothing in mind, but the show edition seems perfect.

I agree that it was unnecessary, now since Tommen is older he can't play with cats or just stamp random documents because that would just make him look stupid. Maybe they want a Tommen and Margaery sex scene. :dunno:

They replaced him with an older actor??? :eek:

I thought that if they recast Tommen it would be because the original actor has grown too much.

I want to see Tommen playing with the kittens and threatening to outlaw beets.

Now that we all agree that it was unnecessary, what about Gregor ?

I think they should've taken Hapthor from the beginning. He IS the Mountain. The one in second season was horrible.

The season 1 Mountain was perfect. He only had a 5 second scene but it was so fucking terrifying and memorable.

I watched second season 2-3 times and I have never noticed (or forgotten) that Gregor was even there so it says a lot.

I think they should've taken Hapthor from the beginning. He IS the Mountain. The one in second season was horrible.

The one in the second season didn't really get much of a chance, and was easily missed. Not a big deal.

The new Mountain seems good, except he is left-handed. I can't believe nobody else has noticed this but me. And people think this site is full of nit-pickers...

The one in the second season didn't really get much of a chance, and was easily missed. Not a big deal.

The new Mountain seems good, except he is left-handed. I can't believe nobody else has noticed this but me. And people think this site is full of nit-pickers...

Is he ? karazy.

But I recommend you all to search youtube for videos of haphtor, it may be all icelandic, but if you see him throwing aroung concrete buckets and whatnot, you will never question if he is the mountain that rides.

And I also did not notice the second season one. Only after reading about it. He was in no way the "mountain" more like skinny greg ;)

You are joking I hope??? :devil: I don't have much faith in D&D but even I can't believe that they would allow such a drastic deviation from the books!!! Character assassination at its worst. Gregor's brutish tendencies, lack of empathy and devilish strength all clearly stem from his childhood trauma of being born left-handed but forced to use his right hand. How are the Unsullied going to understand that? Fuck the show!!!

You are joking I hope??? :devil: I don't have much faith in D&D but even I can't believe that they would allow such a drastic deviation from the books!!! Character assassination at its worst. Gregor's brutish tendencies, lack of empathy and devilish strength all clearly stem from his childhood trauma of being born left-handed but forced to use his right hand. How are the Unsullied going to understand that? Fuck the show!!!

He always wanted to be Tywin Lannisters right Hand, but messed up all the papers he wrote. And when his evil brother broke his left-handers scissors, he used his right-handers sword and the story began... :spank: <- Gregor burning Sandor..stop smiling

:D

Tell me about it. The show is now dead to me :(.

When Tommen gets brutally dismembered by Flea Bottom peasants in book 6, we'll understand why they couldn't use the younger actor.

I don't really buy that argument though : they showed Lommy (who was supposed to be 12, 13 at most) getting a sword through his throat, and very explicitely so.

Archived