A Peek at Season 4 Costuming

Westeros

To round it up :

We should start a petition to force the production of high quality replicas of certain costume elements like the crowns or Daenerys' dragon brooches and for the Starkers the wolf brooches of Robb and so on..

I really want to buy that shit :D I love movie replicas.

That was funny the few minutes before the RW. You could see the fandom separated in three factions:

"Oh... they named him like Ned! That's so cute!"

"Oh... they named him like Ned! That's so... suspicious..."

"HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA!!! HBO, freaking bastards!"

I told myself after watching the feats start : You did that ! You did that , Talisa ! :P One does not simply name a child after Sean Bean's character and can hope it to survive :D

I guess we have an explanation for Oberyn's flower pendant (which had puzzled me to no end) when Clapton describes his style as, "It's actually quite a feminine look, but he wears it in a really masculine way." It's still an odd choice, IMHO, as flowers are already strongly associated with the Tyrells on the show, but perhaps she couldn't find a different feminine symbol which looked as good on the actor.

Overall the costumes are impressive, but they really screwed up with Daario's look. He just looks like a completely generic rogue who wouldn't stand out at all in Westeros. Where are the loud colours and signs of Tyroshi culture?

I must say, after only seeing the scene of him and Grey Worm, I love new Daario. He looks far more than him. But he should visit a barber and get his hair dyed.

I want the fucking blue hair !!! Why does everyone like his normal hair ? Did no one care about the blue hair ?

I see Aegon before me... naturally white hair. perhaps they dyed it for him brown or black..uuuuuuuuhh

And I REALLLY like the crowns, and thats one part of the costumes that in the past I havnt been a fan of (apart from Renly's)

You might like to know that King Renly's antlered crown was chosen as one of The Coolest Helmets, Hats and Headpieces in Science Fiction and Fantasy by io9.com ( http://io9.com/the-coolest-helmets-hats-and-headpieces-in-science-fic-1520513599 )

Blue hair and a golden moustache would look silly on tv in my opinion.

Simpsons...

I mean an azure blue or something would be horrible, and the gold could be gone, but a dark indigo, a really matte dark blue, not black, just not a bright "clown color"

You might like to know that King Renly's antlered crown was chosen as one of The Coolest Helmets, Hats and Headpieces in Science Fiction and Fantasy by io9.com ( http://io9.com/the-coolest-helmets-hats-and-headpieces-in-science-fic-1520513599 )

I loved that crown. It really got into the eye. Would love if it would be available to buy for a reasonable price.

Renly all the way! Best king for the Iron Throne.

Blue hair and a golden moustache would look silly on tv in my opinion.

Why, because it's not fashionable in 2014 America?

The descriptions in the books represent Tyroshi fashion. They're known for their love of bright colours.

It's thanks to people like you that Essos is so boring and generic looking.

Why, because it's not fashionable in 2014 America?

The descriptions in the books represent Tyroshi fashion. They're known for their love of bright colours.

What about the Hunger Games ? right ? They could put it through the screen that hair colour is only formality.

And yeah.. Simpsons.

listen, I love punk rock fashion and hair styles in all different colours. That does not mean that I think someone with a golden moustache, and a forked blue beard can't look silly on tv. People might ask if it's a Monty Python sketch or something. It's silly because noone in their right mind would find a person with Daario's narcissistic character coupled with as strange an appearance worthy of swooning over incessantly like Dany does in book 5. People can understand that Dany would go for someone who resembles her husband somewhat, hence why season 3 daario looked like a Conan reject. I think I'm coming from the perspective that fantasy as a genre is the least respected in tv and film and some of it comes from people not getting interested in weird names and outlandish costumes. I'd like to keep the Mereeneese's horned hair appearance though. A bunch of red-and-black-haired Maleficents running around Essos sounds like fun.

Has everyone already seen these? http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20470532_20798546,00.html#30122204

The first one I had not seen before, maybe a few of the others.

[EDIT] Also: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/25/game-of-thrones-pedro-pascal-prince-oberyn/

[EDIT2]: And: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/25/peter-dinklage-game-of-thrones-season-4/

About an hour of screen time will take place in Tyrion’s cell this year

Another juicy quote:

There hasn’t been anything that’s made me uncomfortable, but in a way we are filming stuff this week [during Joffrey's wedding] that is uncomfortable for my character and I like that. I think it’s challenging. I think actors get too comfortable. I like being uncomfortable as an actor because it keeps you alive. I don’t know, I think it’s important.

EW is dropping a lot of content today!

Archived