Acrophobia Leftovers!

Rill Redthorn

I think your second and third one are great. Especially like the second.

Cheers, I was happy with them but I think I did go with my best one.

None of them were likely to challenge AA's excellent winning entry.

Here are my round 1 leftovers:

Everyone plots Dreadfort vengeance. Northern Union magnifies.

Enigmatic plotting! Deviously vengeful northerners unrepentantly machinate!

Expertly plotted Dreadfort vengeance. Never underestimate Manderly!

I so would have voted for that! It's awesome!

I'm slightly bitter about round 2, I must admit. The one time I felt my entry stood out as being the best and it wasn't reflected in the voting. Given a respectable sheen by rhymeswithleek joining.

My Round 3 entry is back to normality, paling into insignificance amongst superior entries.

Anyhoo, here are my round 2 leftovers, even though they are considerably inferior to my actual entry:

"Indescribably palatable", Rivers admitted frankly!

Ingestible paste? Reed awfully flavourless!

Inexplicable puzzlement? Reed absence fateful

In paste? Reed? Abominably fruity!

Improving perperspicacity? Ravenously ate frogeater. (This was the one I chose.) These two are the leftovers.

Ingesting pal really aids farsightedness.

Implied psych(opath)ic. Rookie ate frogeater?!?

Btw DG, if it makes you feel any better I think you overestimated your audience or certainly me. Until AssHat exegised your answer I had rather shamefully and lazily not really given it much thought because, unlike AssHat, I hadn't looked it up therefore just assumed it was just paste ( from the context) and left it at that. I'd already voted so... Maybe you should get AssHat to act as Herald for your next one!? :leer:

Lady B - you were going for the friend angle too? I couldn't get mine to flow grammar wise.

ofacloud... love your Spanish wildfire one. Wasn't playing then but I can admire from afar. :bowdown:

ETA pabulum, that is

Improving perperspicacity? Ravenously ate frogeater. (This was the one I chose.) These two are the leftovers.

Btw DG, if it makes you feel any better I think you overestimated your audience or certainly me. Until AssHat exegised your answer I had rather shamefully and lazily not really given it much thought because, unlike AssHat, I hadn't looked it up therefore just assumed it was just paste ( from the context) and left it at that. I'd already voted so... Maybe you should get AssHat to act as Herald for your next one!? :leer:

Lady B - you were going for the friend angle too? I couldn't get mine to flow grammar wise.

ofacloud... love your Spanish wildfire one. Wasn't playing then but I can admire from afar. :bowdown:

That one is awesome!

Yep, I wasn't very creative with that round. Heck, I only came up with two options.

DG, I always enjoy your entries.

I like the last one of your Jojen Paste leftovers. Wouldn't have thought of fruity. :D

Thanks Lady B. The "fruity" was meant to refer to the fruitiness of the theory.

Sorry if I'm coming across badly, I've had a bad week.

I should mention, I always perk up when I read one of your posts on the books in the main forum.

I love the quirkiness of your entries, northernwarg.

I completely understand many people don't really have the time to be messing about looking up words (it was genius though!). As I said to Lady Bborn above, I've had a bad week so I'm sorry if I'm coming across a bit whiny.

I should mention, I always perk up when I read one of your posts on the books in the main forum.

I love the quirkiness of your entries, northernwarg.

I completely understand many people don't really have the time to be messing about looking up words (it was genius though!). As I said to Lady Bborn above, I've had a bad week so I'm sorry if I'm coming across a bit whiny.

No! Just keep casting it up! Nurse it. Maybe you'll give birth to a real stonker with all this righteous anger. Whatever doesn't kill you and all that! You're only saying what we all secretly think sometimes. (It was genius though :))

And sorry you're having a bad week. Eat chocolate! Works for Harry Potter and works for me.

Oh I didn't know that

Yep. Up until the voting closes for the round. I've seen votes change. I lost one once through that method when someone realized (which I missed) that I had the letters mixed up.

I get it. Very clever, I might add. It's ok. Everyone has hard times. I've been having a difficult century so far.

Aw, thanks! Sometimes I wonder if anyone even reads my post, except of course for those who make a point of telling me how wrong I am. :P

Yep. Up until the voting closes for the round. I've seen votes change. I lost one once through that method when someone realized (which I missed) that I had the letters mixed up.

I get it. Very clever, I might add. It's ok. Everyone has hard times. I've been having a difficult century so far.

Aw, thanks! Sometimes I wonder if anyone even reads my post, except of course for those who make a point of telling me how wrong I am. :P

This is why I don't really ever post in the book forum. I'm not one to really want to argue about opinions.

I saw a post of yours in a theory thread I was reading for game research :)

No! Just keep casting it up! Nurse it. Maybe you'll give birth to a real stonker with all this righteous anger. Whatever doesn't kill you and all that! You're only saying what we all secretly think sometimes. (It was genius though :))

And sorry you're having a bad week. Eat chocolate! Works for Harry Potter and works for me.

Chocolate makes everything better!!!

In the first, third and fourth rounds I went with my first idea. And I'm struggling in round five...those are some brutal letters. My best round was round two, it was also my toughest to come up with an answer, and this was the first answer I sent to Dany:

Ill-fated prescient Reed's ambrosian fare.

Archived