Daario - the opposite of fake

Miodrag

Tywin is lovable? He fits a lot more definition of hateable. Tywin is a lot more hated than loved in the forums from my observation, for good reason. And hell even Daario has some supporters and people debating about him. Unless you are Gregor or Ramsay or maybe Joffrey and some other people you will probably get some support even if you are grey dark.

If we can take also TV show as example, is hard don't recognize Tywin charisma, probably the only actor that can steal a scene from Peter Dinklage

And while this surely can be due his awesome acting performance, he show the character, that's Tywin

I know A LOT of peoples that even enjoying Tyrion revenge, still will miss Tywin.

Who give fucks about good or evil, Great Characters are Great Characters.

Many just hate evil characters in a childish way

Why should he, though? It's not stealing a piece of bread 'cos he's starving, it's cold-blooded, opportunistic murder of people who expect him to have their backs.

See, you can't say "I'm honest about being dishonest". Or "I'm honest but I murder my comrades-in-arms". It just doesn't make sense. I know there's some of that "lovable rogue, Captain Jack Sparrow" going on, but honestly Daario isn't him.

I suppose I've always looked at it from a lens that favoured Daenerys. I'm glad he went over to her side. I can't really condemn him for killing her enemies. I think that plays a big part when it comes to looking at his actions, people who aren't Dany fans have no reason to think anything good came out of his actions :dunno:

I don't think he's honest about being dishonest. I think he's just a bragger. The only thing I think he's dishonest about is his true identity. And this is just from the blue hair (Like I said, Young Griff has made me wary of handsome strangers with blue hair and blue eyes). Otherwise, I have no reason do distrust Daario, hence my statement that he's the opposite of fake.

If we can take also TV show as example, is hard don't recognize Tywin charisma, probably the only actor that can steal a scene from Peter Dinklage

And while this surely can be due his awesome acting performance, he show the character, that's Tywin

I know A LOT of peoples that even enjoying Tyrion revenge, still will miss Tywin.

Who give fucks about good or evil, Great Characters are Great Characters.

Many just hate evil characters in a childish way

The TV show absolutely changed Tywin's character in a lot of ways. That holds true for pretty much any Lannister. D&D like to whitewash them.

The TV show absolutely changed Tywin's character in a lot of ways. That holds true for pretty much any Lannister. D&D like to whitewash them.

Yes, that's why i said "If we can take also TV show as example" :D

My points are basically 2

-you can have "villains" with a lot of charisma, and TV Tywin is a great example of that

-how much a character is hated is never a good indicator to see if he's a great character or not, many peoples are just childish and hate the bad guy, doe'snt matter if great character or not

Wait, are we now saying that Daario is a villain for sure?

In most stories, Daario would definitely be a villain, ASOIAF is less.. clear-cut... than most stories, however.

So no, I don't think we can say it "for sure", but he has done some very shady things, it's just that they're mostly done off-page so it tends to stick out less.

They turned Jaime into a rapist, by mistake according to them .

Well, if Daario is really Euron (as the guy who works in the bagel store I stop in on my way to work is trying to convince anyone who will listen), it tears a whole in the OP's "opposite of fake" presumption.

Just sayin'. Not a theory I subscribe too, but throwing it out there for Bagel Guy's sake.

I am guessing that Daario represents a mid point on Dany's path to sexual/emotional maturity. Her first lover is untamed and pure machismo. She grows to love him, but largely via her own growth and bravery. And in fact, she soon outgrows him; his sad death only served to free her from that marriage prematurely, an inevitable result given her maturing moral composition vis a vis Dothraki norms.

Daario then is a similarly macho warrior, but one without the trappings of a forced marriage. But still, he satisfies Dany's wanton side, providing manliness and good sex but not fulfilling the role of an equal partner in the relationship in any true way. Sort of like a teen girl's "bad boy" crush.

I'm sure any psychologists out there can help full in the blanks, but it seems obvious to me that Daario is a transitional relationship, just as Drogo was her introductory relationship. She is heading towards a mature and satisfactory relationship with some macho dude who is more her equal in stature, ability to rule, ability to build a home and family, and someone more respected by folks like Barriston.

And that leads me back to Euron. Dany will like him. A lot. I sense a good pairing and lots of grandkids who grow up equally adept at sailing and dragon'ing.

Wait, are we now saying that Daario is a villain for sure?

No, that was Tywin

And even there it was under " ", even Tywin was'nt the straight concept of villain... more a man of power that take man of power decisions

Daario if anything he's probably less cruel than many knights/sellswords

He like to kill enemies? Well, is his job

He fucked half Essos female population? Good for him

He fuck Daenerys without be a sweet prince? Deal with it

He does things that risk to negatively influence Daenerys? Whatever, follow the fucking story and don't pretend the characters act in favour to meet your personal expectation

Is really that easy, but many peoples can't get it

The point is that childish fans tend to hate a character as soon he does something they don't like, so if they hate a character or not should be the last (and honestly, not even the last, just ignore) way to determine how good a character is

Well, if Daario is really Euron (as the guy who works in the bagel store I stop in on my way to work is trying to convince anyone who will listen), it tears a whole in the OP's "opposite of fake" presumption.

Just sayin'. Not a theory I subscribe too, but throwing it out there for Bagel Guy's sake.

I am guessing that Daario represents a mid point on Dany's path to sexual/emotional maturity. Her first lover is untamed and pure machismo. She grows to love him, but largely via her own growth and bravery. And in fact, she soon outgrows him; his sad death only served to free her from that marriage prematurely, an inevitable result given her maturing moral composition vis a vis Dothraki norms.

Daario then is a similarly macho warrior, but one without the trappings of a forced marriage. But still, he satisfies Dany's wanton side, providing manliness and good sex but not fulfilling the role of an equal partner in the relationship in any true way. Sort of like a teen girl's "bad boy" crush.

I'm sure any psychologists out there can help full in the blanks, but it seems obvious to me that Daario is a transitional relationship, just as Drogo was her introductory relationship. She is heading towards a mature and satisfactory relationship with some macho dude who is more her equal in stature, ability to rule, ability to build a home and family, and someone more respected by folks like Barriston.

And that leads me back to Euron. Dany will like him. A lot. I sense a good pairing and lots of grandkids who grow up equally adept at sailing and dragon'ing.

I'd never looked at the relationship as transitional. That's definitely something to consider. I doubt Dany will like Euron though. I doubt she'll like any of the Ironborn to be honest. There's the issue of salt wives and their general misogyny. But I could be wrong.

I'd never looked at the relationship as transitional. That's definitely something to consider. I doubt Dany will like Euron though. I doubt she'll like any of the Ironborn to be honest. There's the issue of salt wives and their general misogyny. But I could be wrong.

Well, with Drogo, leader of a significantly misogynist culture, there was the issue of sex only-doggie style, but she pussy-whipped him into shape. I suspect she could do same with Euron vis a vis Ironborn misogyny.

Well, with Drogo, leader of a significantly misogynist culture, there was the issue of sex only-doggie style, but she pussy-whipped him into shape. I suspect she could do same with Euron vis a vis Ironborn misogyny.

Euron is the cruelest we witness of a misogynist culture while Drogo was probably better than other Khals in how he was to treat his wife and had some kindness inside him, despite his actions towards others, at least he seemed to treat Daenerys well.

There are probably some Ironborn who could respect and love Daenerys and vice-versa despite the Ironborn culture but I seriously doubt Euron is one of them.

Euron is the cruelest we witness of a misogynist culture while Drogo was probably better than other Khals in how he was to treat his wife and had some kindness inside him, despite his actions towards others, at least he seemed to treat Daenerys well.

There are probably some Ironborn who could respect and love Daenerys and vice-versa despite the Ironborn culture but I seriously doubt Euron is one of them.

Perhaps not Euron, but my main point is that Daario is not Dany's penultimate paramour. I'm not stuck on it being Euron. I just hope it's not Jon. Too trite.

Archived