Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Are we even sure that Scrabo Tower is a location? That post at WIC said it's not so we can't really be sure. I do hope it is, though.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/163/6/6/tower_of_joy___a_song_of_ice_and_fire_by_mrgotland-d68rqx2.png

http://highlighthollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/scrabotowers.jpg

CGI the Red Mountains in the backdrop and it could be amazing.

Or it's the Fingers...

Does the Fingers even have anything remotely resembling a castle? I would have thought it would be something like a slightly improved version of Craster's there - wattle and daub or rough stone keep but nothing imposing or elegant.

It's pretty puny:

Petyr pointed to where an old flint tower stood outlined against a bleak grey sky, the breakers crashing on the rocks beneath it. “Cheerful, is it not? I fear there’s no safe anchorage here. We’ll put ashore in a boat.”

“Here?” She did not want to go ashore here. The Fingers were a dismal place, she’d heard, and there was something forlorn and desolate about the little tower.

Are we even sure that Scrabo Tower is a location? That post at WIC said it's not so we can't really be sure. I do hope it is, though.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/163/6/6/tower_of_joy___a_song_of_ice_and_fire_by_mrgotland-d68rqx2.png

Or it's the Fingers...

Eh, we're not 100% sure, but it's likely. There was a comment on that same WiC article that said the signs were actually for the town, not the tower, but I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

On second thought, this looks nothing like Winterfell.

EDIT: The walls are too black (when Winterfell's are gray), the towers are too round (when Winterfell's are square).

So unless they're giving it a redesign (which they did for the Eyrie, so not impossible) this is something else.

Deepwood Mott?

Last Hearth?

Deepwood Mott?

Last Hearth?

Both are possible.

I really hope they deliver a cool fight scene in the Yara vs Stannis thing (whether or not it is in Deepwood Motte). I fear they might not include that scene at all (but maybe I'm being paranoid because of thelack of North news). It'd be a great mid-season battle sequence. This place certainly seems like it's deep in the woods (and I'm sure they'll CGI some more trees in if that's what they're going for).

If it's Last Hearth that would mean the Umbers are replacing Manderly, and probably that the Greatjon is returning (or we would have seen hints of Umber casting).

The focus on this set seems to be the walls, so if it WAS Winterfell, I'd guess that it is where Theon jumps off with fArya at the end of ADWD.

Or it's the Fingers...

This could very vell be the Tower of Joy and it's possible if we get som Bran flashbacks.

On second thought, this looks nothing like Winterfell.

EDIT: The walls are too black (when Winterfell's are gray), the towers are too round (when Winterfell's are square).

So unless they're giving it a redesign (which they did for the Eyrie, so not impossible) this is something else.

Is it a location where they're shooting now, or one prepared for an autumn shoot? If it's the former, it's not Winterfell or Deepwood Motte or anything in the North.

Is it a location where they're shooting now, or one prepared for an autumn shoot? If it's the former, it's not Winterfell or Deepwood Motte or anything in the North.

It seems like it is under construction right now, not filming.

They're still building it, it'll take some time till they start filming

It would be a waste of time to build such a pretty, detailed set for a one-off cameo. My guess is that we'll only see an internal set at Stokeworth with Bronn and Lollys.

I'm not sure we will see anything. No need. Bronn is going to Dorne with Jamie, probably leaving in the first or second episode. He will be around in KL for Tywin's funeral so no time to go to Stokeworth. We will meet Lollys in KL.

I'm not sure we will see anything. No need. Bronn is going to Dorne with Jamie, probably leaving in the first or second episode. He will be around in KL for Tywin's funeral so no time to go to Stokeworth. We will meet Lollys in KL.

Right, if he;s going to the funeral (and he probably is) we don't even need an internal set. I guess that's where we'll see the Lollys cameo.

It would be a waste of time to build such a pretty, detailed set for a one-off cameo. My guess is that we'll only see an internal set at Stokeworth with Bronn and Lollys.

Then im sure it is Last hearth or Deepwoode Motte. Could also be a Vale castle.

Then im sure it is Last hearth or Deepwoode Motte. Could also be a Vale castle.

Could be any of those, and it could be the Walls of Winterfell for Theon's dive (although as I said that doesn't look much like Winterfell- maybe it will when they finish it up?).

Archived