[SPOILERS FOR EVERYTHING] More GoT season 5 info leaked

TheOldWolf

Nah, she's likely talking to Trystane. Women apparently can't be heirs to Dorne on the show. Or if they can, they're retconning it out. They even changed Oberyn's mother to his father during his story about visiting Casterly Rock.

Where does this "women can't heir in Dorne"-info come from? Can someone enlighten me?

Where does this "women can't heir in Dorne"-info come from? Can someone enlighten me?

It's an assumption based on the show itself. I don't know if that is going to be official canon for the show or not. My guess is they just won't say one way or the other. But they keep changing female Dornish leaders to men. First they changed Oberyn's mother to his father in the story about visiting Casterly Rock. And based on the casting information for season 5, it looks as if Arianne isn't going to be included and will probably be replaced with Trystane. I can see them completely eliminating the entire queenmaker plot as well. The end result would be no female heirs to Dorne. While I admit that's different than saying "women can't inherit in Dorne," it would send almost the same message.

I do believe the show has briefly mentioned the original Nymeria, however. But that was also way back in season 1 or 2.

But the Blackfish is alive. And they never explained what happened with the Tullys and Riverrun (except that Edmure was taken prisoner)

Brienne said that Walder Frey was lord of Riverrun now, in a way that implied there was no point in going to Riverrun, suggesting that he already holds it.

The Blackfish in the show was, post-Red Wedding, in the same place he is in the books now (on the run with unknown destination and motivation).

Brienne said that Walder Frey was lord of Riverrun now, in a way that implied there was no point in going to Riverrun, suggesting that he already holds it.

The Blackfish in the show was, post-Red Wedding, in the same place he is in the books now (on the run with unknown destination and motivation).

Wow... really?

:/ Best part of Feast is the siege... I don't even know any more .

They could still retcon that Walder has that title and is besieging it but hasn't actually taken Riverrun yet. Or they could put Blackfish in the castle of some loyal bannerman. If they want to include that bit there are things they could do to write around those factors. That doesn't mean they will of course but who knows.

Wow... really?

:/ Best part of Feast is the siege... I don't even know any more .

A great scene in the books but you have to remember the more compressed nature of a show with only 7 seasons.

We have had the end of the war, with the burning riverlands, in season 4. Now will come a quieter interlude before the next conflict.

But Walder himself says he's Lord Of Riverrun just after the RW when he's still at the Twins. Emmon Frey is Lord in the books but that disen't mean they actually have the castle itself.

But Walder himself says he's Lord Of Riverrun just after the RW when he's still at the Twins.

Yes, but the contexts of those statements are different. When Brienne is considering destinations for Sansa, she says "Walder Frey is the lord of Riverrun". If all that means if "the Tullys still control the castle, but Walder is a paper lord", then that is a clearly asinine statement and irrelevant to the search criteria.

Nah, she's likely talking to Trystane. Women apparently can't be heirs to Dorne on the show. Or if they can, they're retconning it out. They even changed Oberyn's mother to his father during his story about visiting Casterly Rock.

It would indeed be incredibly odd if women couldn't be heirs to Dorne, since women can be heirs everywhere else in Westeros. That would really put an odd spin on Benioff talking about their "admirable values"... :p

Yeah, I know you actually mean "women being heirs ahead of their younger brothers in Dorne, unlike in the rest of the Seven Kingdoms". But in addition to being annoyed by the lack of female Dornish rulers and heirs on the show, I'm now also additionally annoyed by all the articles about Arianne being cut that are wrongly state that (book) Dorne is the only place where women can inherit or rule in Westeros, which is blatantly wrong and it should be obvious even to those who have only watched the show, what with the whole Daenerys storyline.

Speculation here but I wonder if they are delaying Jaimes role in Dance/Winds(Riverrun and Stoneheart) simply because they know what happens to him in winds(assuming its death) and don't want to off him so soon(Hes kind of the shows "big 5 Tyrion, Dany, Cersei, Jon, Jaime" as opposed to the books big 3 Tyrion, Jon and Dany), they may delay it to season 6 or 7 depending on how long the show goes.

Cause George I think will love us to see the starks get their revenge on Jaime Lannister (Jaime sends his regards in the books, not the lannisters so Catelyn blames him mostly) who basically became a protagonists, to Catelyns Antagonist. It will be brilliant to see the north remembers and us getting what we wanted for the starks, but on a character we dont want to see get it. Though I hope Jaime will get a somewhat heroic death defending Brienne or something as opposed to just getting killed like Robb.....but this us George were talking about.

Jaime in Dorne may well be resolved by the mid-season. He could have as many as four or five episodes to get up to other shit. That could mean doing something in the Riverlands or anything else.

I very much doubt it. The only other example we have of a character travelling somewhere only to leave immediately is Yara, and she had no further scenes in the season. Jaime spending half the season in Dorne and then the other half in the Riverlands just doesn't fit with D&D's style.

The way I see it, the Queenmaker plot won't be resolved until the latter half of the season. How could it be resolved any quicker when it looks like the show is adding more material prior to the plot taking place? And even if the Queenmaker plot is resolved by the midpoint of the season... what comes next?

If I had to guess, I'd say the attempt to crown Myrcella will take place around episode 6, with the following episodes dealing with the revelation of Doran's plan and his decision to send the Sandsnakes on different tasks... although what they'll do without Arianne and potentially Aegon is a complete mystery to me.

There wont be a queenmaker plot at all. The idea is now that Myrcella is a hostage not that she will be ascended to the throne, the leak audition showing Ellaria sees them having Myrcella as a way to enrage cersei and not for her being a potential heir, the recent leaked set info showing the skirmish happening because Ellaria finds out Jaime is in dorne trying to rescue Myrcella, then cutting Arianne, and replacing Oberyns Mother with his father all point to this not being the case.

Queenmaker plot is dead as a doornail.

There wont be a queenmaker plot at all. The idea is now that Myrcella is a hostage not that she will be ascended to the throne, the leak audition showing Ellaria sees them having Myrcella as a way to enrage cersei and not for her being a potential heir, the recent leaked set info showing the skirmish happening because Ellaria finds out Jaime is in dorne trying to rescue Myrcella, then cutting Arianne, and replacing Oberyns Mother with his father all point to this not being the case.

Queenmaker plot is dead as a doornail.

I'm afraid you're right.. It would have been epic to see the queenmaker plot in action..

Archived