Gregor Clegane vs Victarion Greyjoy

WinterKraken

Fail as he did, Oberyn showed everyone how to beat the mountain.

in a ferocious battle yes he is immense, one on one, a quick and clever fighter has the beating of him

unfortunately for this thread, victarion isnt quick, victarion is far from clever.

Syrio Forel on the other hand...

Bronn is right. Gregor is not invincible. I dunno if Victarion, being experienced as he is, would be able to realise his weakness.

Bronn will bet on speed and yet don't like the idea of the risk,saying that Gregor is'nt as slow as some may believe

Oberyn bet on speed AND safer range of the spear

Victarion is'nt made for that kind "play on enemy's weakness" of fight based on quickness and don't take risk. He will come to smash and end up smashed, very bad

Only "power fighter" i can see have chances is the Hound, and because aside ridicolous power, he have a speed and an aggression that other big men can't hope to match (Jaime's opinion, when Strongboar, one of the strongest knights of westeros, claimed he was going to kill him)

Victarion is'nt made for that kind "play on enemy's weakness" of fight based on quickness and don't take risk. He will come to smash and end up smashed, very bad

Why not? He has a lot of experience as a warrior, I think even more than Gregor. Don't confuse being intellectually ignorant with being incapable of being able to do your work. I know a lot of idiots who barely can't spell right but they are good at their jobs.

Once someone gave me an example about types of smart. Take Maradona. Maradona is an idiot (he has said very stupid thinks and his personal problems are... well..). Yet, he was one of the best players in the history of football, and that's because he's able to do in practice, what others do in paper: he knows how much force and speed he needs to apply to his moves, for instance. Yet, I'm sure he never actually took one single class of physics in his life.

VIctarion probably is the same. He might not being able to "analyse" his opponent in his mind, but he does know how to measure weakness during a battle without even think about it.

Why not? He has a lot of experience as a warrior, I think even more than Gregor. Don't confuse being intellectually ignorant with being incapable of being able to do your work. I know a lot of idiots who barely can't spell right but they are good at their jobs.

Once someone gave me an example about types of smart. Take Maradona. Maradona is an idiot (he has said very stupid thinks and his personal problems are... well..). Yet, he was one of the best players in the history of football, and that's because he's able to do in practice, what others do in paper: he knows how much force and speed he needs to apply to his moves, for instance. Yet, I'm sure he never actually took one single class of physics in his life.

VIctarion probably is the same. He might not being able to "analyse" his opponent in his mind, but he does know how to measure weakness during a battle without even think about it.

It doesn't really matter since Victarion's strength in combat are basically the same as Gregor's to a lesser degree. He doesn't have the speed or skill to exploit Gregor's weakness, from what we have seen he is an above average fighter at best while Gregor is a freak of nature.

Love Vic but The Mountain is a bad match up for him. Oberyn with his smarts and spear mastery was the worst match up for Greg.

Maybe if Vic continue to go around grabbing swords he'll now just melt tyhem with his demon hand and win that way.

*Vic is going to kill Barry though

Archived