No Bran or Hodor in Season 5?

The Drowned Prophet

Isaac said that "working on s5" is the one thing other than school he'll be up to for the rest of the year. To my mind, that is pretty definitive.

As a sidenote I don't see how Bloodraven's look being different counts as butchering him. He basically said his book dialogue, so the writing certainly didn't change him. I would've preferred his look be like the book one but it didn't bother me so much that I no longer appreciated Bran finally arriving at his destination. Also the "you will fly" line was delivered very well and Isaac's reaction shot to it was great too.

Isaac said that "working on s5" is the one thing other than school he'll be up to for the rest of the year. To my mind, that is pretty definitive.

As a sidenote I don't see how Bloodraven's look being different counts as butchering him. He basically said his book dialogue, so the writing certainly didn't change him. I would've preferred his look be like the book one but it didn't bother me so much that I no longer appreciated Bran finally arriving at his destination. Also the "you will fly" line was delivered very well and Isaac's reaction shot to it was great too.

I'm just going to call Show!BR "Treebeard," because he lives in a tree and has an awesome beard.

I'm inclined to agree with you about Isaac's interview. He's not trying to pull a Varys with his wording of "the next season." He was asked what's coming up in the immediate future.

I was hoping they would redeem the butchering of the bloodraven meet but guess not

They butchered him so thoroughly that only a D&E miniseries would redeem it now :p

To be clear, it's not just that he looked like a wasted homeless man leaning on a tree after a particularly intense night of hardcore binge drinking, or that he said "A thousand eyes...and one" despite having two whole eyes (which now makes me think the One Eye was supposed to be his penis)

No, pretty much every element in that bit was lacking, from the Harryhausen homage, to the fireballs, to the design of the CotF, to the set of the cave. But anyway, that's water under the weirwood now (literally)

I'm actually glad we're taking a break from that storyline, not only because I don't wanna get spoiled just yet, but also because those were usually the weakest segments of the show and kinda slowed the whole thing sometimes

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea where they are going with this storyline, really.

Bran without Hodor and Meera doesn't work. It barely works even with them. There's only so much he can talk to tree-Dumbledore and the elves.

The other way is to show a bunch of visions, maybe history ( like KTOLT, etc. ). But they have been really determined not to show any of that so far. And they would have to cast a bunch of actors. Nope doesn't work.

He doesn't really have any book material either, except Jojenpaste ( which was also cut ).

I think they are going to do fanfiction again. Like Crasters.

My thought: they won't appear. They already are filming all the stories, but Isaac isn't shooting anything. He was in L.A. making press for The Boxtrolls last month, and in Venice another day...

Preliminary filming began at the start of the year. Filming was well underway while season 4 was still airing. It's september now, Isaac could have shot all his scenes already.

Preliminary filming began at the start of the year. Filming was well underway while season 4 was still airing. It's september now, Isaac could have shot all his scenes already.

During one of Isaac's interviews at Comic-Con, he mentioned that filming had already started. My guess is that his filming took place in the early portions of summer. Since his story is mostly independent of the others actors, it was probably easier to get his scenes out of the way early instead of filming around everyone else. This also frees up Isaac's schedule to promote "The Boxtrolls" in August and September and lets him get back to school.

During one of Isaac's interviews at Comic-Con, he mentioned that filming had already started. My guess is that his filming took place in the early portions of summer. Since his story is mostly independent of the others actors, it was probably easier to get his scenes out of the way early instead of filming around everyone else. This also frees up Isaac's schedule to promote "The Boxtrolls" in August and September and lets him get back to scho

If I don't mistake, he told "They are already filming" or something. Furthermore, he said in a couple of interviews last month that he would return to school, and then shoot GoT (probably November or December, if he wasn't cut).

If I don't mistake, he told "They are already filming" or something. Furthermore, he said in a couple of interviews last month that he would return to school, and then shoot GoT (probably November or December, if he wasn't cut).

It is possible that his scenes requiring a soundstage or green screen, may having already been done in early summer. Bran is North of the Wall and requires a winter setting so they maybe shooting his outside shots then? Of course, I trruly have no idea and this is all mere speculation on my part.

I forgot he still went to a public school rather than receive homeschooling like most child actors. Of course he'd want to shoot his scenes while on summer break.

But about him shooting scenes in November or December, wouldn't that be too late? GoT requires intensive post-production

Archived