Purely "Good" Characters?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Possibly Margaery, depending on how much she knows of the plot for the purple wedding. Garlan the Gallant maybe.

Doran Martell seems like a really calm dude in the same vein as Ned; the desire for justice/vengeance for Elia is debatably good or bad. Areo Hotah seems to be into selfless duty. Grey Worm and his 8000 brahs are in the same category. Aerys Okaheart too. Trystane.

Is it really sooooo bad to pin murder on a serial rapist? Who was also complicit in the attempted murder of Sansa?

Did he murder Lysa?

I don't see why the laugh :dunno: Davos is a sailor, he spent probably months or years out away at the sea. Give the man a break if he feel a bit... "frisky".

Davos and his wife have an open marriage. It is known.

Did he murder Lysa?

Nah. The idea is that pinning the murder on Marillion is sort of self-defense... from a certain point of view. I mean, he was trying to kill Sansa. Would it really have been any more morally defensible to shove him through the moon door after Lysa?

Nah. The idea is that pinning the murder on Marillion is sort of self-defense... from a certain point of view. I mean, he was trying to kill Sansa. Would it really have been any more morally defensible to shove him through the moon door after Lysa?

I don't see that as self defense. Self defense would have been had he tried to kill her right in a moment and she defended herself and killed him. There's a huge time gap between that and when he went down for a crime he didn't commit. That's a calculated act which is orchestrated by LF.

Sounds complicated and in the grey. Sansa has been upgraded to grey character. Who's next on the list?

Is it really sooooo bad to pin murder on a serial rapist? Who was also complicit in the attempted murder of Sansa?

I would do it in a heartbeat. She's in a no-win situation. I'm speaking from strictly a morality position, which is what this thread is about. To be honest, I forgot about Marillion helping cover it up. I guess that would make him an accomplice.

I don't see that as self defense. Self defense would have been had he tried to kill her right in a moment and she defended herself and killed him. There's a huge time gap between that and when he went down for a crime he didn't commit. That's a calculated act which is orchestrated by LF.

Yeah. thus my uncertain phrasing. I think if you look at it one way, it's self-defense, if you look at it another, it's murder.

Robb Stark. He never did anything that didn't need to be done. That which he was murdered for and betrayed over were due to the fact those who did so were corrupt.

Robb let his pride get in the way of peace. Repeatedly. His mom was like "hey do this so fewer people can die" and he was like "no! I'm king! I have to look tough so people respect me!" And then later he's like "awwww mom I shoulda listened" and she's all "okay, do this so we can have peace" and he's all "no! I'm the king and I say what we do!"

This happens like four times.

Yeah. thus my uncertain phrasing. I think if you look at it one way, it's self-defense, if you look at it another, it's murder.

I see it as in no way is it self defense but that she does have a motive. I always say motive =/= not guilty. Like when some say Jamie didn't do anything wrong when he pushed Bran out of the window because of x and y reasons. Yeah, those are his reasons. They just tell me he had a motive for doing what he did. All criminals have motive. Some are more justified than others. It doesn't mean they didn't do anything wrong.

ETA: She would be an accomplice to murder.

As a RL example there was this woman last month I think it was who found out her partner was molesting her kid and she set him on fire. She was arrested. That she had motive and can be very sympathetic doesn't mean the police didn't have cause to arrest her.

I see it as in no way is it self defense but that she does have a motive. I always say motive =/= not guilty. Like when some say Jamie didn't do anything wrong when he pushed Bran out of the window because of x and y reasons. Yeah, those are his reasons. They just tell me he had a motive for doing what he did. All criminals have motive. Some are more justified than others. It doesn't mean they didn't do anything wrong.

ETA: She would be an accessory to murder or accomplice.

As a RL example there was this woman last month I think it was who found out her partner was molesting her kid and she set him on fire. She was arrested. That she had motive doesn't mean the police didn't have cause to arrest her.

right right. The other perspective is that Marillion and Lysa were actively trying to kill Sansa; with the guards trying to break down the doors, either Petyr, Marillion, or Sansa are going to get blamed and executed. Chances are that telling the truth would get Petyr and maybe Sansa executed. Self-defense is when you kill someone who's trying to kill you; Petyr killed two people who were trying to kill Sansa. So it's a little self defensey.

right right. The other perspective is that Marillion and Lysa were actively trying to kill Sansa; with the guards trying to break down the doors, either Petyr, Marillion, or Sansa are going to get blamed and executed. Chances are that telling the truth would get Petyr and maybe Sansa executed. So it's a little self defensey.

It's still not self defense. That just tells me that she was thinking of self preservation much like LF was so they pinned it on someone who was innocent of the crime. Kind of like the Tyrells possibly not having a problem with Sansa taking the blame for Joffrey.

Brienne is likely killing Jaime to save her own life, along with that of Pod and Hyle Hunt.

Sounds like the old Jamie pushing Bran off the tower to save the lives of Myrcella, Tommen, Joffrey, Cersei, and himself. But I'm going to wait and see if she has some brilliant and crafty plan to save everyone, including Jamie. After all, she was doing a great job with brilliant tactics in her search for Sansa.

Archived